B classification for 125 national

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/22/2019 11:42am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 3:01pm
For 125 nationals this year the rules say you must have a minimum classification of B, what does that take?
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/22/2019 12:05pm
I don't race at that level but it would be as easy as signing up for a Loretta lynns qualifier in the b class and show up to race? That seems too easy.
motogrady
4/22/2019 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 12:14pm
When I was chasing the dream I think it was 30 points to make AMA b class. You had to ride ama C class and win 6 races, or place 5th 30 times. 1st gave 5 points, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th and 1 for 5th. They only gave to 5th, and only on the overall.

It should be in your AMA district rule book.
Tracktor
4/22/2019 12:22pm
There hasn't been a huge turnout for these from my understanding. At least at Washougal they basically vetted sign ups through checking results at other races. I doubt simply signing up for B class at a random race is going to get you in the door but I could be wrong.......If you can't race the speed please don't sign up to become a hazard to those that do. And remember once you go up a class you can't move back down...............
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/22/2019 12:29pm
How does this work if you race a class like 30B? Are you eligible at that point?

The Shop

Mx286
4/22/2019 12:39pm
I don’t understand why they don’t just make it a open twostroke class? Look at what a big deal it was at glen Helen. Plus a lot more people have a 250 laying around than a 125.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/22/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 3:36pm
I agree with not signing up if you can't keep a decent pace, but I'm fast enough I dont consider myself a danger to super fast riders.
I went to budds creek last year and they had a full gate of 125 and it was obvious many of those were not b class speed.
Me in the b class at a real amateur national no way, me on the gate of a 125 national with 30 other people the same speed and 10 pros for 4 laps. not too bad.
Maybe since 125 is at every round this year they will get an increase in talent on the gate.

I was just scrolling through used 125s and got to thinking that's all.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/22/2019 1:00pm
motogrady wrote:
When I was chasing the dream I think it was 30 points to make AMA b class. You had to ride ama C class and win...
When I was chasing the dream I think it was 30 points to make AMA b class. You had to ride ama C class and win 6 races, or place 5th 30 times. 1st gave 5 points, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th and 1 for 5th. They only gave to 5th, and only on the overall.

It should be in your AMA district rule book.
Finish 5th in the C class? That would be hard...that's the class the A and B riders sign up for lol?
JBecker 72
4/22/2019 1:27pm
I agree with not signing up if you can't keep a decent pace, but I'm fast enough I dont consider myself a danger to super fast...
I agree with not signing up if you can't keep a decent pace, but I'm fast enough I dont consider myself a danger to super fast riders.
I went to budds creek last year and they had a full gate of 125 and it was obvious many of those were not b class speed.
Me in the b class at a real amateur national no way, me on the gate of a 125 national with 30 other people the same speed and 10 pros for 4 laps. not too bad.
Maybe since 125 is at every round this year they will get an increase in talent on the gate.

I was just scrolling through used 125s and got to thinking that's all.
I was at the race too and I was thinking I could have gone out there and not come in last. There was a huge difference in speed between the top 6 or 7 and everybody else.
DB97
4/22/2019 3:23pm
I was considering doing the WW round but was curious about this rating as well. WW will probably be tough on a 125 they usually have big jumps. My buddy just raced there on his 450 and he said it was gnarly and hes a good rider.
4/22/2019 4:42pm
Mx286 wrote:
I don’t understand why they don’t just make it a open twostroke class? Look at what a big deal it was at glen Helen. Plus a...
I don’t understand why they don’t just make it a open twostroke class? Look at what a big deal it was at glen Helen. Plus a lot more people have a 250 laying around than a 125.
Open 2 stroke class???? Might as well just call it a 250cc+ 2stroke class then. Who the hell would show up on a 125 against 250s and big bores? 125's are basically adult sized super mini's, and there's a certain allure that comes with watching really fast riders wringing every ounce of power out of an otherwise under powered (comparatively speaking) bike
crf250pilot
4/22/2019 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 6:31pm
Tracktor wrote:
There hasn't been a huge turnout for these from my understanding. At least at Washougal they basically vetted sign ups through checking results at other races...
There hasn't been a huge turnout for these from my understanding. At least at Washougal they basically vetted sign ups through checking results at other races. I doubt simply signing up for B class at a random race is going to get you in the door but I could be wrong.......If you can't race the speed please don't sign up to become a hazard to those that do. And remember once you go up a class you can't move back down...............
Someone should've told ML512 that before he raced Washougal a couple yrs backWink
Tracktor
4/23/2019 1:40pm
Tracktor wrote:
There hasn't been a huge turnout for these from my understanding. At least at Washougal they basically vetted sign ups through checking results at other races...
Someone should've told ML512 that before he raced Washougal a couple yrs backWink
I guess I should clarify that there has been enough riders to run qualifiers but we aren't talking hundreds of entries to go through. So they have been able to go through entries and approve them. They don't want it to be a sideshow so decent riders on decent bikes. At the Dream Race you can run any 125 based bike you want in the A/B class but not in the 125 All Stars Race........Ours had to be approved because technically it didn't meet the guideline but Joey knows are stuff looks nice......plus not much appearence between an '07 CR125 & an '02 Cr125, lol.....
4/23/2019 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 2:46pm
Nobody is gonna look at your last results to see if you’re a b rider. But people will look at your past results after you sign up for C again.....

Once you abandon the c class it’s supposedly forever. I’ve never raced c class. Went straight to b from supermini. Nobody ever questioned how Many times I raced c. I just signed up for B. But hell I probably couldn’t even make it to LL in “c” now-a-days.
motogrady
4/23/2019 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 5:58pm
And a lot of that is fucked up.
I took a few guys with me to the races, guys I'd meet at the quarry or sand pits when just out there riding.

Most wanted to go, and rode ok, but were scared or thought they weren't good enough.
I'd tell them how it was structured, that c was a beginner class and they would do just fine.

Then when I got them there it seemed there was always 5 or 6 fucking wahoos, that should have been b or even a guys that somehow rode c.
Throwing whips, rubbing plastic, blasting whoops
and basically demoralizing the true beginners.

Yeah, they were cool, telling everyone during the week how they won last weekend. Only they usually didn't mention they won the fucking beginner squid class. True assholes.

I don't know how many I got there, only to tell me it wasn't for them, the guys there were just too fast.

Sandbaggers suck dick. They hurt the sport.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
4/23/2019 5:14pm
I've raced AMA-sanctioned races in +25B and +30B, never had to collect any "C" class points. (I had never raced AMA before that.) I don't know what the rules say now, although I could easily imagine Davey wanting some kind of reassurance that Joe Wannabe doesn't just sign up to race against the fast guys on a national track if he belongs in +40 Beginner.
aeffertz
4/23/2019 11:00pm
Don’t you guys have AMA district cards with your classes and number?
Tumblin
4/24/2019 12:22am
It may be open to B riders BUT, i hope they keep tabs of lap times and pull the Black Flag on the stragglers.

Not only do i love my 125, I was also a Big Hero Dirt Track Racer...even awarded CMC #5 plate for Nor Cal a couple seasons ago... 1978 Sideways
I've never got one before, but little doubt I'd be shamed with Black before I'd ever get to see the white one.Pinch
nytsmaC
4/24/2019 1:00am
The fact that this race is even open to B class riders really shines a light on how prevalent and acceptable sandbagging has become in this sport.

Any who can line up with guys like Brown and RV shouldn't be residing in the B class anywhere else. Move up to A where you belong, asswipes.
honda907
4/24/2019 3:15am
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Last year it was political to get in the 30 spots available. Rules didn't come out till very late. Lots of guys over 50 years old racing in the northeast, some didn't race for years.

This year with qualifiers, the fastest guys get in. No more 58-year-old guys looking for past glory and getting in. No more 150's racing to the podium. It should be better.

Last race at Ironman, about 15 guys ran. It was muddy and was based on who rode the previous rounds only. That was the theory. Again political, so they didn't have many riders who ran any of the previous Dream races, so they signed up who came. Few came because it was by invitation only and none of those guys showed.

CivBars
4/24/2019 8:28am
nytsmaC wrote:
The fact that this race is even open to B class riders really shines a light on how prevalent and acceptable sandbagging has become in this...
The fact that this race is even open to B class riders really shines a light on how prevalent and acceptable sandbagging has become in this sport.

Any who can line up with guys like Brown and RV shouldn't be residing in the B class anywhere else. Move up to A where you belong, asswipes.
I thought it was to shine a light on 15 year old B Class riders who are too young to ride in the Pro class.
CivBars
4/24/2019 8:35am
The minimum age for amateur riders is 12. In all events, a
rider must be 14 or older to ride motorcycles above
250cc. See ATV section 3.4 for ATV age limitations. The
age of the rider is determined as of the date of the event,
except in youth competition.

Riders between the ages of 12 and 14 riding the B class
shall not be forced into the A class, regardless of how
many B races or advancement points he/she has. Riders
in this age group may advance based on their own
ability/competence.
Tracktor
4/24/2019 2:23pm
nytsmaC wrote:
The fact that this race is even open to B class riders really shines a light on how prevalent and acceptable sandbagging has become in this...

Not really. If it was open only to pros they wouldn't have full gates since many of those guys are riding the actual national and you can't do both. Even in local races plenty of young B riders run with pros when double gated. Not ready to move to that class full time.

My kid was 16 & a bit to heavy (180) for a CR125 and a decently fast B rider but not too serious. At Washougal he started in about 36th and made it around 20th in 5 laps. Really was wishing for a longer race. No where near the top guys speed though. Pretty much everyone outside of the top 10 was B or local pro. I am fully behind moving up but the move to Pro from INT can take the fun out of riding so I have discouraged it. In amateurs both my boys rarely rode C class at all after 65/85's. They always moved right to B when moving up in bikes.........
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/24/2019 2:29pm
aeffertz wrote:
Don’t you guys have AMA district cards with your classes and number?
Not many AMA races here on the west coast. It's a bit different than back east.
Mx286
4/24/2019 4:32pm
Mx286 wrote:
I don’t understand why they don’t just make it a open twostroke class? Look at what a big deal it was at glen Helen. Plus a...
Open 2 stroke class???? Might as well just call it a 250cc+ 2stroke class then. Who the hell would show up on a 125 against 250s...
Open 2 stroke class???? Might as well just call it a 250cc+ 2stroke class then. Who the hell would show up on a 125 against 250s and big bores? 125's are basically adult sized super mini's, and there's a certain allure that comes with watching really fast riders wringing every ounce of power out of an otherwise under powered (comparatively speaking) bike
Yea obviously you wouldn’t see many 125s in a open 2stroke class. But it would be cool to see the 125 all the way up to a 500 on the track at the same time.

A lot of people who do these 125 races usually borrow a bike from someone. Which is why I said more people have a 250 laying around than a 125.
4/24/2019 7:11pm
Mx286 wrote:
For branding purposes as the nationals have a 250 class already.
jeffro503
4/25/2019 10:32am
The " B " class requirement seems to be ok with me. I've known a few kids that were fast NW B-class rider's that did very well in the 125 race. Some of those younger dude's are guy's doing LL's and so forth , and stayed a " B " class rider for that reason alone. And just because some of them are registered as a " B " class rider , doesn't mean they are slow. A lot of fast kids around on 125's that can give a real pro fit's on the track on a 125.
AZRider
4/25/2019 3:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The " B " class requirement seems to be ok with me. I've known a few kids that were fast NW B-class rider's that did very...
The " B " class requirement seems to be ok with me. I've known a few kids that were fast NW B-class rider's that did very well in the 125 race. Some of those younger dude's are guy's doing LL's and so forth , and stayed a " B " class rider for that reason alone. And just because some of them are registered as a " B " class rider , doesn't mean they are slow. A lot of fast kids around on 125's that can give a real pro fit's on the track on a 125.
Which is really a problem created by lorettas and factory involvement. Dungey moving to the pros is/was awesome, but is a perfect example of whats wrong.
motogrady
4/25/2019 5:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
The " B " class requirement seems to be ok with me. I've known a few kids that were fast NW B-class rider's that did very...
AZRider wrote:
Which is really a problem created by lorettas and factory involvement. Dungey moving to the pros is/was awesome, but is a perfect example of whats wrong.
There is a lot to be said about those items.

I don't know how they do it overseas.
I mean, can anyone with money just buy or hand a GP Team a handful of money and line up? Is there not some system one needs to run thru to qualify to run with the best?

It seems here in the states you can get to the promised land 2 ways. One, be a kid backed by his family and run local mini classes, qualify to run LL regionals, do good there and somehow you get in the pro ranks at 16 or whatever the age is.

The second is to start riding at say 16, in C class.
Work up into B, thru that to the A class, at which point u qualify for a pro license. Which allows you to enter National events. At which point ou get a shot at the factory guys.

Am I wrong? How did guys like Dungey get the right to run with the big dogs so young?

Post a reply to: B classification for 125 national

The Latest