Axell Hodges racing Ironman GNCC

Hcallz5
10/25/2020 12:40pm
Good for him I hope he and his buddies make a competition out of it. It would be cool to see some more GNCC type racing in the spotlight.
numbers
10/25/2020 12:43pm
150ripper wrote:
"All he does it make trick videos, what a pansy" . . . "He's racing the industry class, what a pansy" If you don't like the...
"All he does it make trick videos, what a pansy"

. . .

"He's racing the industry class, what a pansy"

If you don't like the dude then just say that.
Jordan421 wrote:
They hate because they don’t have his talent nor money.

Like James Franco said,” they hate us cause they anus”
ge217 wrote:
If you want to take my facts as hate so be it. I’ve also podiumed GNCC’s, in the afternoon. Sprinkle some more hate on there. Dudes...
If you want to take my facts as hate so be it. I’ve also podiumed GNCC’s, in the afternoon. Sprinkle some more hate on there.

Dudes good on a bike for sure, and has a lot of money also. This won’t be his cup of tea though. Normally around 40 degrees and muddy at Ironman. Nasty roots and Loretta’s ruts x10 in places.
If i sent you a jersey will you sign it. Asking for a friend
BobbyLight
10/25/2020 1:08pm
Never understood why people hate on Axel other than the “sandbagging” thing all those years ago. Dude is badass on a bike and in shape you really didn’t think he could handle a GNCC? In the end its still riding through the woods, its not the tennessee knockout; lets see some of you badass keyboard woods riders even dream of hitting a quarterpipe or any of the big hits he does. I think some of you are just jelly
agn5009
10/25/2020 1:57pm
BobbyLight wrote:
Never understood why people hate on Axel other than the “sandbagging” thing all those years ago. Dude is badass on a bike and in shape you...
Never understood why people hate on Axel other than the “sandbagging” thing all those years ago. Dude is badass on a bike and in shape you really didn’t think he could handle a GNCC? In the end its still riding through the woods, its not the tennessee knockout; lets see some of you badass keyboard woods riders even dream of hitting a quarterpipe or any of the big hits he does. I think some of you are just jelly
Thats essentially what I said earlier. Its a GNCC, they're not that hard to finish. Hard to do well? Sure. There's some fast people who race them. But this ain't TKO, Tough like Rorr, Battle of the Goats etc.

Hodges did great. I hope he had a blast and comes back for more.

The Shop

mirramaxx
10/25/2020 4:00pm
Kjbmx520 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/25/456010/s1200_F19B1A94_0DC8_4331_B01D_759DBE89EFE4.jpg[/img]

Very impressive, clearly its time to go for the world record distance jump again !
APLMAN99
10/25/2020 4:34pm
ge217 wrote:
He is racing in the morning race... people in here acting like he is racing xc1. He will get beat by the chicks in the morning...
He is racing in the morning race... people in here acting like he is racing xc1. He will get beat by the chicks in the morning race.
So, that didn't happen...…..

How can you hate on this guy giving some positive exposure to this type of racing while acknowledging that he isn't going to be running with the guys who concentrate on the discipline and take it VERY seriously?

Sounds like he did fairly well for a guy who doesn't do this type of racing much at all, and it just might be the thing that gets him a little bit more serious about trying to do some racing.

As much as I am not a "freestyle/freeride" type of guy, Hodges certainly seems to be overall a very decent image for whatever he is doing, so I don't get the negativity.
AngryBear
10/25/2020 4:52pm
results

he raced industry class. 22nd overall (out of about 1k) during the morning classes, ie not pro. 2hr race (afternoon is 3hr).
ge217
10/25/2020 4:53pm
ge217 wrote:
He is racing in the morning race... people in here acting like he is racing xc1. He will get beat by the chicks in the morning...
He is racing in the morning race... people in here acting like he is racing xc1. He will get beat by the chicks in the morning race.
APLMAN99 wrote:
So, that didn't happen...….. How can you hate on this guy giving some positive exposure to this type of racing while acknowledging that he isn't going...

How can you hate on this guy giving some positive exposure to this type of racing while acknowledging that he isn't going to be running with the guys who concentrate on the discipline and take it VERY seriously?

Sounds like he did fairly well for a guy who doesn't do this type of racing much at all, and it just might be the thing that gets him a little bit more serious about trying to do some racing.

As much as I am not a "freestyle/freeride" type of guy, Hodges certainly seems to be overall a very decent image for whatever he is doing, so I don't get the negativity.
What didn’t happen? He did race in the morning. He did get beat by chicks and other c riders in the morning event. so what didn’t happen? You realize he was there for monster? Just like he went to LL this year and did the parade laps. He isn’t saying he I want to go race a Gncc. Let’s get my crew together and go race this thing.
AngryBear
10/25/2020 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2020 5:03pm
those aren't c riders. anyone ahead of him here, hauls.

additionally, heath harrison, also in the industry class, who got 10th in the AM classes, has lots of top 20 450MX moto finishes in recent years. so yes, basically C riders beating him

https://promotocross.com/rider/heath-harrison/races

keep in mind these guys/girls are super honed for this type of racing. I've moto'd for 3 decades and first GNCC was an eye opener as to the speed that they carry on the trails...
APLMAN99
10/25/2020 4:59pm
ge217 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
So, that didn't happen...….. How can you hate on this guy giving some positive exposure to this type of racing while acknowledging that he isn't going...

ge217 wrote:
What didn’t happen? He did race in the morning. He did get beat by chicks and other c riders in the morning event. so what didn’t...
What didn’t happen? He did race in the morning. He did get beat by chicks and other c riders in the morning event. so what didn’t happen? You realize he was there for monster? Just like he went to LL this year and did the parade laps. He isn’t saying he I want to go race a Gncc. Let’s get my crew together and go race this thing.
Yeah, I didn't realized what the WXC class was, I saw the Women's-Bike class and thought that was it.

But why so angry and defensive? Is this a negative for GNCC?

It isn't like the bike guy who said that he was going to qualify for a SX or anything, so what's pushing your buttons about it so bad?
mb60
10/25/2020 5:02pm
Getting beat by Heath Harrison is no slouch.
ge217
10/25/2020 5:04pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

ge217 wrote:
What didn’t happen? He did race in the morning. He did get beat by chicks and other c riders in the morning event. so what didn’t...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't realized what the WXC class was, I saw the Women's-Bike class and thought that was it. But why so angry and defensive? Is...
Yeah, I didn't realized what the WXC class was, I saw the Women's-Bike class and thought that was it.

It isn't like the bike guy who said that he was going to qualify for a SX or anything, so what's pushing your buttons about it so bad?
How are the facts I stated negative and lead to being defensive? You literally just said I wasn’t correct when I was. Others pointed it out also. Are they being defensive?
agn5009
10/25/2020 6:15pm
mxbum wrote:
Actually, it did happen. The top three women did beat Axell. http://results.gnccracing.com/overall.asp?e=106&r=12&s=4 I do not mean this as a comment against Axell, as I have watched...
Actually, it did happen. The top three women did beat Axell.
http://results.gnccracing.com/overall.asp?e=106&r=12&s=4

I do not mean this as a comment against Axell, as I have watched Becca Sheets race since she was 11-12, and she is seriously fast.
The dude who took 4th overall in the morning race has finished in the top 30s overall in the afternoon race... these guys and girls are seriously fast whether they're in the morning or afternoon race.
10/25/2020 7:34pm
AngryBear wrote:
those aren't c riders. anyone ahead of him here, hauls. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/25/456047/s1200_Screen_Shot_2020_10_25_at_7.56.49_PM.jpg[/img] additionally, heath harrison, also in the industry class, who got 10th in the AM classes...

additionally, heath harrison, also in the industry class, who got 10th in the AM classes, has lots of top 20 450MX moto finishes in recent years. so yes, basically C riders beating him

keep in mind these guys/girls are super honed for this type of racing. I've moto'd for 3 decades and first GNCC was an eye opener as to the speed that they carry on the trails...
who the hell is Rachael Archer? i am from new zealand and have never heard of her. awesome.
AngryBear
10/25/2020 8:50pm
AngryBear wrote:
those aren't c riders. anyone ahead of him here, hauls. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/25/456047/s1200_Screen_Shot_2020_10_25_at_7.56.49_PM.jpg[/img] additionally, heath harrison, also in the industry class, who got 10th in the AM classes...

cablecable wrote:
who the hell is Rachael Archer? i am from new zealand and have never heard of her. awesome.
https://www.instagram.com/rachael_archer650/

she's legit. has been on a roll, i think has won the last 3-4 last GNCC WXC races.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/25/2020 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2020 9:35pm
AngryBear wrote:

cablecable wrote:
Kevin archers daughter former Suzuki and Honda supported rider here , , and enduro and xc champ in the 90s and 00s , She has been fast here for a while , did a half season last year and has gone in a tear lately winning the last 4 I think

Liam Draper is also racing xc2
fins227
10/26/2020 10:53am
What row was the industry class? He probably had to pass 900 riders.
10/26/2020 11:04am
fins227 wrote:
I was told that industry started last.
duckdog77
10/26/2020 11:45am
fins227 wrote:
I started row 6. Axell was two rows behind me. So row 8. Passed me about 3 miles in. First time I was okay with being passed in my life 🤣
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/26/2020 11:57am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2020 12:11pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

ge217 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't realized what the WXC class was, I saw the Women's-Bike class and thought that was it. But why so angry and defensive? Is...

He’s a huge pro GNCC and Loretta’s hero that sells used PC pipes for MSRP....
BigBoreFan58
10/26/2020 12:04pm
Hodges has some serious bike handling skills. He'd figure out GNCC and be a player.
fins227
10/26/2020 1:38pm
Hodges has some serious bike handling skills. He'd figure out GNCC and be a player.
Stop it lol. Gncc tracks have been the same for years and the top 40 riders any given weekend have been racing Gncc since they were on 65s.
mxmaniac
10/26/2020 1:59pm
AngryBear wrote:

cablecable wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Kevin archers daughter former Suzuki and Honda supported rider here , , and enduro and xc champ in the 90s and 00s , She has been...
Kevin archers daughter former Suzuki and Honda supported rider here , , and enduro and xc champ in the 90s and 00s , She has been fast here for a while , did a half season last year and has gone in a tear lately winning the last 4 I think

Liam Draper is also racing xc2
I watched Rachael and her dad race Hattah desert race a couple of years ago. Very impressive. Was Broxy coaching Rachael at some stage?

Post a reply to: Axell Hodges racing Ironman GNCC

The Latest