Axel Hodges 90k a year!?

Titan1
4/14/2018 1:08pm
Titan1 wrote:
Okay, whatever you say....but seriously, tell your parents I’ll take their home off their hands (since you don’t want it).
Bry145 wrote:
I think donating it to charity would do more good for society and get them bonus points if it turns out there is a God, Heaven...
I think donating it to charity would do more good for society and get them bonus points if it turns out there is a God, Heaven, ect.

Okay Mr Nobility.
Bry145
4/14/2018 1:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
Okay Mr Nobility.
I'm no saint.

That said, sucking parents dry and extracting every resource isn't very good for the parents, kids, or society. Why reproduce if the kids (and wife) will view and treat you like a bottomless ATM machine or Boxer in the book Animal Farm?

What ever happened to self-sufficiency? Did it go out with the Self Esteem Movement?

MX-LIFE.
4/14/2018 1:20pm
Tryhard wrote:
90k in cali might keep some weed in the bowl , other then that its not doing much considering his overhead .
Fuck living in California then because 90k in any terms is decent coin especially if he is living at home with no kids or a huge amount of over head! I know of a few ppl that use to make that kind of $ and lived pretty damn well off that! Some of you speak as if you have that laying around in change!
Bry145
4/14/2018 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2018 1:43pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Fuck living in California then because 90k in any terms is decent coin especially if he is living at home with no kids or a huge...
Fuck living in California then because 90k in any terms is decent coin especially if he is living at home with no kids or a huge amount of over head! I know of a few ppl that use to make that kind of $ and lived pretty damn well off that! Some of you speak as if you have that laying around in change!
That's just it!

It's not about location. It's about lifestyle.

90K a year gross (~50K net) is enough for a single person with a humble lifestyle in a small rental or starter home to prosper in most US markets.

If one has a starter home, wife, kids, ect., that 90K/50K net doesn't look very enticing. And heaven help you if you get divorced.

And there is no guarantee that 90K/~50K will be there next year. Things change in the economy and workplace.

The most important thing to consider is per-capita household net income. How big is the pie, and how big is everyone's slice? Stay single and keep the whole pizza pie to yourself. Get married and have kids, and bust out the roller and start slicing.

Interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt9yK2DFrg

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/15/2018 7:16am
Titan1 wrote:
Okay Mr Nobility.
Bry145 wrote:
I'm no saint. That said, sucking parents dry and extracting every resource isn't very good for the parents, kids, or society. Why reproduce if the kids...
I'm no saint.

That said, sucking parents dry and extracting every resource isn't very good for the parents, kids, or society. Why reproduce if the kids (and wife) will view and treat you like a bottomless ATM machine or Boxer in the book Animal Farm?

What ever happened to self-sufficiency? Did it go out with the Self Esteem Movement?

If you were a parent and you were fortunate to watch your child grow as you aged into retirement you would understand this better. Most parents have one priority in life that stands above all others. That priority is the health and happiness of their children. If leaving their house to their kids when they pass, somehow brings comfort to them that they are going to make their kids life a little easier when they are gone them you telling them you don’t want that house is to me a big slap in the face to the people that are only trying to help you. I think it would be best to show them your gratitude and accept whatever they want to do to help you and once they are gone do whatever you want with the home. If paying taxes, mowing the lawn, fixing the screen door etc is too much for you to handle then by all means sell it and give the money to charity. But whatever u do don’t disrespect your parents when all they are doing is offering you what they worked so hard for. Anyway that’s just my opinion. Have a good day!
Bry145
4/15/2018 1:18pm
KennyT wrote:
If you were a parent and you were fortunate to watch your child grow as you aged into retirement you would understand this better. Most parents...

If you were a parent and you were fortunate to watch your child grow as you aged into retirement you would understand this better. Most parents have one priority in life that stands above all others. That priority is the health and happiness of their children. If leaving their house to their kids when they pass, somehow brings comfort to them that they are going to make their kids life a little easier when they are gone them you telling them you don’t want that house is to me a big slap in the face to the people that are only trying to help you. I think it would be best to show them your gratitude and accept whatever they want to do to help you and once they are gone do whatever you want with the home. If paying taxes, mowing the lawn, fixing the screen door etc is too much for you to handle then by all means sell it and give the money to charity. But whatever u do don’t disrespect your parents when all they are doing is offering you what they worked so hard for. Anyway that’s just my opinion. Have a good day!
The best gift a child can give to a parent is becoming a self-sufficient adult who is a productive member of the economy. Self-sufficient to the point that they no longer need financial assistance from parents or the government as an adult.

The best gifts a parent can give a child are the genetics and upbringing that allow them to become a self-sufficient asset to the economy. And of course letting go and letting them grow up to become a man or woman.

Donating 100% of inherited wealth to good charities would do a lot of good in the world and would be the smart thing to do. That's why it will never happen! I believe Bill and Melinda Gates are giving away a lot of wealth. Are they morons? I don't think so! They are doing some good in the world. Others should follow their lead. Is Dungey a moron for working with St. Jude's? Of course not! He is doing some good in the world. Handing little Johnnie a mansion only helps Johnnie. Or an economist may argue that it hurts him by taking away incentive and pride in doing it on his own.

Katoomey
4/15/2018 6:10pm
Bry145 wrote:
The best gift a child can give to a parent is becoming a self-sufficient adult who is a productive member of the economy. Self-sufficient to the...
The best gift a child can give to a parent is becoming a self-sufficient adult who is a productive member of the economy. Self-sufficient to the point that they no longer need financial assistance from parents or the government as an adult.

The best gifts a parent can give a child are the genetics and upbringing that allow them to become a self-sufficient asset to the economy. And of course letting go and letting them grow up to become a man or woman.

Donating 100% of inherited wealth to good charities would do a lot of good in the world and would be the smart thing to do. That's why it will never happen! I believe Bill and Melinda Gates are giving away a lot of wealth. Are they morons? I don't think so! They are doing some good in the world. Others should follow their lead. Is Dungey a moron for working with St. Jude's? Of course not! He is doing some good in the world. Handing little Johnnie a mansion only helps Johnnie. Or an economist may argue that it hurts him by taking away incentive and pride in doing it on his own.

you're clearly very angry with women...a fuckin gnat from outerspace could see that.

These are the diatribes of 40 year old virgins and the Ted Kaczynskies of the world. talking about them leaching and draining off of the husband.... really? what a fuckin tool you are to think that...that women don't earn their keep unless they have a "real" job. you really must hate your mom...

you live up in your head... everything isn't up for intellectual debate. you are anti-social. thats all there is to it. it's not healthy and it's not ideal, for anyone. You talk a big game about what is best for society and whatnot, yet you're having trouble with the very basics. the stuff most people just do, without thought.

stop trying to rationalize your anti-social tendencies and go talk to a therapist, before you are a 40 year old virgin.

Bry145
4/16/2018 2:38am
Katoomey wrote:
you're clearly very angry with women...a fuckin gnat from outerspace could see that. These are the diatribes of 40 year old virgins and the Ted Kaczynskies...
you're clearly very angry with women...a fuckin gnat from outerspace could see that.

These are the diatribes of 40 year old virgins and the Ted Kaczynskies of the world. talking about them leaching and draining off of the husband.... really? what a fuckin tool you are to think that...that women don't earn their keep unless they have a "real" job. you really must hate your mom...

you live up in your head... everything isn't up for intellectual debate. you are anti-social. thats all there is to it. it's not healthy and it's not ideal, for anyone. You talk a big game about what is best for society and whatnot, yet you're having trouble with the very basics. the stuff most people just do, without thought.

stop trying to rationalize your anti-social tendencies and go talk to a therapist, before you are a 40 year old virgin.

"leaching and draining off of the husband.... really?"

You are absolutely right. This never happens in our society. All households are a 50/50 equal partnership with husband and wife splitting the mortgage/taxes/household expenses/upkeep/ect.

And if the marriage doesn't work out the man is off the hook financially, and doesn't have to pay alimony, child support, a mortgage for a house he doesn't get to live in, ect.

And of course women love men for who they are, not for their financial resources.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Say what you like about me. My life is just fine. And I live in the real world, not fantasyland!

Post a reply to: Axel Hodges 90k a year!?

The Latest