Axel Hodges 90k a year!?

BigDaddyG
4/11/2018 4:45pm
Good for Axel....I am sure with sponsor dollars, and all the jumping he is doing at various events he is making some good coin. Can't knock anyone who makes a living riding a dirtbike or shit, doing what they love for that matter.
BobKerr
4/11/2018 6:00pm
If I was 21 and making $90k/yr riding my dirt bike like him, nobody would be able to tell me shit, LOL!
Cortami79
4/12/2018 12:38am
BigDaddyG wrote:
Good for Axel....I am sure with sponsor dollars, and all the jumping he is doing at various events he is making some good coin. Can't knock...
Good for Axel....I am sure with sponsor dollars, and all the jumping he is doing at various events he is making some good coin. Can't knock anyone who makes a living riding a dirtbike or shit, doing what they love for that matter.
This. Can't stand some of the grumpy comments in hereHuh
bf884
4/12/2018 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 5:49pm
bf884 wrote:
25k in cash and 25k in crawfish?
King KTM wrote:
SOLD!!!
LoudLove wrote:
But that's only 10K lbs of crawdaddy. Two weekends for yer average coon-ass. Maybe three if that sumbich step-brother busts probation.
Fine! payment will be made after Easter when the prices drop below $1.50 a pound. There will be no endorsement deal for sides, including but not limited to sausage, corn, potatoes. Seasoning the outside of the crawfish voids all prementioned terms.

The Shop

Bry145
4/12/2018 6:26pm
BobKerr wrote:
Holy Shit!!! Do people actually buy houses that cost that much with so little income? They must not have any money left for food, gas, car...
Holy Shit!!! Do people actually buy houses that cost that much with so little income? They must not have any money left for food, gas, car, retirement savings account, etc.
TannerMxer wrote:
That's the thing. People just make themselves straight house-poor. You really shouldn't spend more than 15-25% of your take-home income each month, but a lot people...
That's the thing. People just make themselves straight house-poor. You really shouldn't spend more than 15-25% of your take-home income each month, but a lot people in SoCal are doing around 45-65% of their income is for their home (or just a car).

My wife and I bring in, what I consider a lot, around the Top 4% of household income in the US. We own a modest $232K home in the DFW area. We save the max 401K per year and we save emergency savings too. There's no way in hell I could ever spend $700K for a house, even though I could.

Even with that knowledge, it's just crazy that people in LA are buying homes that will most likely lose them because they are propped up on a loan that is completely unrealistic. To be honest, the housing market is in for another crash real soon like 2008. Banks are shady fucks that prey on people that shouldn't be owning a home.
bowser97 wrote:
I'm all for saving, but I'd rather live my life in my younger years than save everything for when I'm old. I've seen too many people...
I'm all for saving, but I'd rather live my life in my younger years than save everything for when I'm old. I've seen too many people save save save and die within 5 years of retirement.
Won't home prices have to go down eventually as Baby Boomers start to drop like flies? Come 2025 or so the "Death Boom" (70 or so years after the Baby Boom) should be in full-swing.

If less are marrying and having kids, will demand for single-family detached homes go down soon?

Why buy a home if one will be gifted on when Mom and Dad keel after working themselves to death for the past 5 decades?

Why buy a home if single and wants to have spending money to moto, drink beer, and enjoy life?

agn5009
4/12/2018 6:31pm
TannerMxer wrote:
That's the thing. People just make themselves straight house-poor. You really shouldn't spend more than 15-25% of your take-home income each month, but a lot people...
That's the thing. People just make themselves straight house-poor. You really shouldn't spend more than 15-25% of your take-home income each month, but a lot people in SoCal are doing around 45-65% of their income is for their home (or just a car).

My wife and I bring in, what I consider a lot, around the Top 4% of household income in the US. We own a modest $232K home in the DFW area. We save the max 401K per year and we save emergency savings too. There's no way in hell I could ever spend $700K for a house, even though I could.

Even with that knowledge, it's just crazy that people in LA are buying homes that will most likely lose them because they are propped up on a loan that is completely unrealistic. To be honest, the housing market is in for another crash real soon like 2008. Banks are shady fucks that prey on people that shouldn't be owning a home.
bowser97 wrote:
I'm all for saving, but I'd rather live my life in my younger years than save everything for when I'm old. I've seen too many people...
I'm all for saving, but I'd rather live my life in my younger years than save everything for when I'm old. I've seen too many people save save save and die within 5 years of retirement.
TannerMxer wrote:
I totally agree. I take vacations 3 or 4 times a year. I do pretty much whatever I want to do for hobbies. I have that...
I totally agree. I take vacations 3 or 4 times a year. I do pretty much whatever I want to do for hobbies. I have that luxury. But I know plenty of people with a household income under 100K in CA that own homes that cost 650K or 700K and I can't even fathom the stress that must create for them. I literally can't comprehend that kind of financial decision.

FYI, I'm a firm proponent of living within (or underneath) your means.
Jeez I couldn't imagine either. My wife and I make about 160k in central Pennsylvania. I couldn't imagine spending 400k on a house let alone 700k!
cbuehler767
4/12/2018 6:40pm
KennyT wrote:
So would you guys say Hodges is a little under what Deegan was in racing skills? All I know about him is the occasional videos I...
So would you guys say Hodges is a little under what Deegan was in racing skills? All I know about him is the occasional videos I see of him. Anyway, if he can turn his mediocre racing skills into the business Deegan turned his into when he stepped away from the track then he is on his way to a pretty successful career on dirtbikes. I still say 90K is not bad and if that’s what the rumor is I’m betting it’s well above that. Most self employed peeps don’t want the true dollar amount made public
A little under? Brian Deegan won a 125 main event its not even close
agn5009
4/12/2018 6:59pm
KennyT wrote:
So would you guys say Hodges is a little under what Deegan was in racing skills? All I know about him is the occasional videos I...
So would you guys say Hodges is a little under what Deegan was in racing skills? All I know about him is the occasional videos I see of him. Anyway, if he can turn his mediocre racing skills into the business Deegan turned his into when he stepped away from the track then he is on his way to a pretty successful career on dirtbikes. I still say 90K is not bad and if that’s what the rumor is I’m betting it’s well above that. Most self employed peeps don’t want the true dollar amount made public
Axle raced the C class at Loretta's. Deegan won a 125 national. I would say way under.
mxb2
4/12/2018 7:07pm
KennyT wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Axle raced the C class at Loretta's. Deegan won a 125 national. I would say way under.
What national?
G-man
4/12/2018 8:19pm
I'd say the dude's got it going on.....

Axell
agn5009
4/12/2018 8:47pm
agn5009 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
What national?
I thought he won a national. He won the 1999 SX in LA. Still a cool accomplishment.
agn5009
4/12/2018 8:49pm
G-man wrote:
I'd say the dude's got it going on..... [url=http://thechive.com/2016/11/03/chivette-sydney-maler-hangs-poolside-while-axell-hodges-flys-high-video/]Axell[/url]
I'd say the dude's got it going on.....

Axell
Making good money riding dirt bikes. He's living my dream.
NW 253
4/12/2018 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 9:05pm
If you read the post from page to page it just looks like most of you didn't meat daddy's expectations on the dirt bike .Leave the kid alone. For me at his age i was in another country doing the uncles work in a nasty way dreaming of the life he has. If the haters gonna hate that bad than show the world( Vital at Least) how it should be done.I would bet the biggest hater in here couldn't handle the kid on any track. Vegas does make odds.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/12/2018 9:08pm
KennyT wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
You are shitting me. Axle was a C class racer and is now making 90K a year riding a bike? Well he is smarter than I thought. I don’t follow amateur racing, I had just assumed he was doing pretty well to get to where he is today
NW 253
4/12/2018 9:28pm
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
You are shitting me. Axle was a C class racer and is now making 90K a year riding a bike? Well he is smarter than I...
You are shitting me. Axle was a C class racer and is now making 90K a year riding a bike? Well he is smarter than I thought. I don’t follow amateur racing, I had just assumed he was doing pretty well to get to where he is today
Kenny. I my self couldn't cross a starting line. But from the way you talk the mono shock must have been your invention.. Please let use Lower Class man understand why its ok for you to bash this kid? Dates of all your national wins along the emails in which you told roger racing for the US wasn't in your schedule.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/12/2018 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 10:27pm
Please never compare Axell Hodges to Brian Deegan.

Deegan is a legend, Hodges is a great rider but he's not going to go down as a legend in the sport like Deegan did.

There's plenty of pros that can quit racing and do what Hodges is doing, but racing is in their blood and choose not to. No doubt Hodges is talented, but hit ramps all day throwing whips and most of the top professionals in the sport can do what he's doing. Axell is just going a different route then most riders.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/12/2018 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 10:30pm
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
You are shitting me. Axle was a C class racer and is now making 90K a year riding a bike? Well he is smarter than I...
NW 253 wrote:
Kenny. I my self couldn't cross a starting line. But from the way you talk the mono shock must have been your invention.. Please let use...
Kenny. I my self couldn't cross a starting line. But from the way you talk the mono shock must have been your invention.. Please let use Lower Class man understand why its ok for you to bash this kid? Dates of all your national wins along the emails in which you told roger racing for the US wasn't in your schedule.
Homeschooled I assume? Learn reading comprehension and let me know where I said anything that “bashed this kid”

BTW....I went to school with Brandon’s mom and still know her very well to this day. Been to many family/friend functions with him when he was as young as 5 and right up until the tragic day he died. So I will forgive you for your BS remark about picking on Hodges when I really said nothing disparaging about the kid
Motoxdoc
4/12/2018 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 10:27pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Gotta love nepotism
Motoxdoc wrote:
I haven't heard about THAT.....dad or grandpa work at Monster?....or in some other way, a member of his family hired him?
BobPA wrote:
Brother is Dirt Shark
His brother is paying him $90,000/year? You mean like, "I could hire anybody to do these rad tricks on a bike....but I'm going to hire you because you're my brother"? Maybe....but that scenario doesn't seem likely to me. I'm going with, "Axel earns his money on his own merits."
NW 253
4/12/2018 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 10:56pm
KennyT wrote:
NW 253 wrote:
Kenny. I my self couldn't cross a starting line. But from the way you talk the mono shock must have been your invention.. Please let use...
KennyT wrote:
Homeschooled I assume? Learn reading comprehension and let me know where I said anything that “bashed this kid” BTW....I went to school with Brandon’s mom and...
Homeschooled I assume? Learn reading comprehension and let me know where I said anything that “bashed this kid”

BTW....I went to school with Brandon’s mom and still know her very well to this day. Been to many family/friend functions with him when he was as young as 5 and right up until the tragic day he died. So I will forgive you for your BS remark about picking on Hodges when I really said nothing disparaging about the kid
I am glad you responded. first off reminds me how smart im not, and second reminds me of how i met brandon. i was at a Trulson mx practice one day in the late 90's. There was this kid on and 80 going faster that anyone out there. long story short.. Every race i went to prior to the move to cali he was running times like local Pros.Any ways, sorry to upset you if i did.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/13/2018 6:49am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 6:50am
NW 253 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Homeschooled I assume? Learn reading comprehension and let me know where I said anything that “bashed this kid” BTW....I went to school with Brandon’s mom and...

NW 253 wrote:
I am glad you responded. first off reminds me how smart im not, and second reminds me of how i met brandon. i was at a...
I am glad you responded. first off reminds me how smart im not, and second reminds me of how i met brandon. i was at a Trulson mx practice one day in the late 90's. There was this kid on and 80 going faster that anyone out there. long story short.. Every race i went to prior to the move to cali he was running times like local Pros.Any ways, sorry to upset you if i did.
No problem. The kid was amazing and I’m positive he would have been someone we would have seen for many years to come tearing it up at SX/Nationals. He may not have been as fast as Stewart but he was close. After he was gone it put a real damper on my enthusiasm for riding. Me and my kids took a long time off away from the sport.

Anyway you have a good day....I’m jealous of you living in the great Northwest. We spent 8 years up there and I miss it terribly
ob
4/13/2018 7:05am
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
I'm not sure Axel is faster than Deegan right now. Deegan still puts in the motos.
BigDaddyG
4/13/2018 8:05am
Axel might have been a C rider at somepoint, he isn't today. Ever seen him rip Pala? Dude can ride, easily local pro. Shoot, even MC was a C rider back in the day.
mxb2
4/13/2018 8:14am
agn5009 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
What national?
agn5009 wrote:
I thought he won a national. He won the 1999 SX in LA. Still a cool accomplishment.
X2, on the sx , thought i missed the national lol. Didnt he ghost ride his bike after the win?
Flatliner
4/13/2018 9:23am
agn5009 wrote:
97?
TannerMxer
4/13/2018 9:28am
bowser97 wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
I totally agree. I take vacations 3 or 4 times a year. I do pretty much whatever I want to do for hobbies. I have that...
I totally agree. I take vacations 3 or 4 times a year. I do pretty much whatever I want to do for hobbies. I have that luxury. But I know plenty of people with a household income under 100K in CA that own homes that cost 650K or 700K and I can't even fathom the stress that must create for them. I literally can't comprehend that kind of financial decision.

FYI, I'm a firm proponent of living within (or underneath) your means.
agn5009 wrote:
Jeez I couldn't imagine either. My wife and I make about 160k in central Pennsylvania. I couldn't imagine spending 400k on a house let alone 700k!
My wife and I are around 250K per year and I think 450K-500K is where we would draw the line for a home, but paying for our 232K home and stashing cash are much nicer.
Lightning78
4/13/2018 9:55am
KennyT wrote:

NW 253 wrote:
I am glad you responded. first off reminds me how smart im not, and second reminds me of how i met brandon. i was at a...
KennyT wrote:
No problem. The kid was amazing and I’m positive he would have been someone we would have seen for many years to come tearing it up...
No problem. The kid was amazing and I’m positive he would have been someone we would have seen for many years to come tearing it up at SX/Nationals. He may not have been as fast as Stewart but he was close. After he was gone it put a real damper on my enthusiasm for riding. Me and my kids took a long time off away from the sport.

Anyway you have a good day....I’m jealous of you living in the great Northwest. We spent 8 years up there and I miss it terribly
What was Brandons last name?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/13/2018 10:29am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 10:37am
NW 253 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
No problem. The kid was amazing and I’m positive he would have been someone we would have seen for many years to come tearing it up...

What was Brandons last name?
Brandon Layton

I saw him from a young age at pool party’s, bbq’s etc down in Palm Desert since he was around 5. When he was around 8-9 we were at my brothers outnny the pool and he and his mom were there and the subject of racing came up and she’s saying how he has factory Yamaha backing and Fox clothing. I’m thinking yeah yeah yeah I’ve heard the BS before. Probably got 10% discount at the Yamaha dealer. I didn’t follow amauter racing. So next time I’m down there I look on the fridge and there is a pic of some kid doing a heel clicker over a 70’ double on a YZ mini. I asked who that is???? My brother says that’s Brandon. I’m like holy shit....his mom wasn’t full of shit. So ever since then I started following the minis and he was smoking fast. Not shitting u when I say he was close to Bubbas speed, not as fast, but close
kage173
4/13/2018 10:34am
Why do you care? I mean reallly, stop for a second and breathe. Why - do - YOU - care?

Post a reply to: Axel Hodges 90k a year!?

The Latest