Awesome old school photo from Sittendorf, Austria.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2021 3:02 PM

Some of you who have read my book ‘The Inside Line: Racing the 500cc World Motocross Championship’ will recall me saying about the awesome rocky hill at Sittendorf when I first raced the 500GP class in 1985.

Well, here’s a good shot of it. It was like this from halfway up the 150 yard steep uphill, all the way to - and over - the top. I couldn’t believe that the 500GP guys raced on stuff like that, and just shrugged it off as normal. Badasses!

If you haven’t got a copy, or maybe have not heard of it, my book is available at theinsidelinebook.com

Photo

Photo

|

4/4/2021 3:19 PM

A mid pack start at a 500 gp facing that. Knowing that there's no where to hide from the beating that's coming. It would be like being tied to the whipping post in front of every pitcher in major league baseball.... Ouch.

|

4/4/2021 7:12 PM

The book is as badassed as that pic!!! Get one

|

4/4/2021 8:38 PM

Wow. I cant imagine the roost from a 500 from that. Gnarly. I'll have to order the book and give it a read. Cheers.

|

4/5/2021 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2021 5:57 AM

I've got the highlights from the '86 and '87 500 GP series on VHS in French and remember that track. I tried to upload the vids to YT a couple of years ago and was shutdown within minutes... Gnarly.

EDIT: Was just out of diapers but still enjoyed watching them... laughing

|