Awarding Overall Points To Top 3

7/28/2022 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2022 1:57am
I've always wondered why they don't give the overall podium winners any championship points. If they did then it would be impossible to come out of the day with the same points gap in the championship as they went in. So I went through this years results so far and gave 3 points to 1st, 2 points to 2nd, and 1 point to 3rd for all the overalls. Here's the results!

This far into the season I wasn't surprised to see that the championship order didn't change, but it was surprising to see that Tomac and Sexton still had the same points gap! They were even further ahead of the competition.

So what do you all think? Award points for the overall podium? Maybe just 1 point to the overall winner?
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
7/28/2022 6:23pm
I’d rather just go back to the regular points system in supercross and call it good.
TXDirt
7/29/2022 1:57am
I've always wondered why they don't give the overall podium winners any championship points. If they did then it would be impossible to come out of...
I've always wondered why they don't give the overall podium winners any championship points. If they did then it would be impossible to come out of the day with the same points gap in the championship as they went in. So I went through this years results so far and gave 3 points to 1st, 2 points to 2nd, and 1 point to 3rd for all the overalls. Here's the results!

This far into the season I wasn't surprised to see that the championship order didn't change, but it was surprising to see that Tomac and Sexton still had the same points gap! They were even further ahead of the competition.

So what do you all think? Award points for the overall podium? Maybe just 1 point to the overall winner?
It’s actually more interesting then you think. Check out my post about this very topic. In motocross, a guy with 11 overall wins and one second place overall would lose championship to a guy with 1 overall and 11 second place overalls.

Crazy!

The actual overall means nothing in motocross. Nothing.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Do-you-like-the-pro-moto…

Post a reply to: Awarding Overall Points To Top 3

The Latest