Autograph Session to Support Kim McGrath’s Drive to Be the Match

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2012 5:42pm
In conjunction with the Lake Elsinore Pro Ride Day today, Friday, May 11th, there will be a Pro Rider Autograph Session to Support Kim McGrath in her fight against Leukemia through the Be The Match Marrow Registry.

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/site/TR?px=1879329&fr_id=1462&pg=pe…

Riders will be in the booth from 11:00 AM to 12 noon, and the booth itself will be running from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. While you’re there, you can undergo testing to see if you’d be a match to be a bone marrow donor. The process is painless...its a Q-tip swab inside the cheek...a person will then be put in the registry to see if they are a match.

Jeremy McGrath will be there along with:

Red Bull/KTM’s Ryan Dungey, Ken Roczen, and Marvin Musquin

Monster Energy/Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto, and Jake Weimer

Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda’s Cole Seely, Travis Baker, and Christian Craig

Monster/ Pro Circuit’s Tyla Rattray

The address?
Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park
20700 Cereal Street
Lake Elsinore, CA.
|
wawazat
5/11/2012 10:35am
I know MC is a Monster rider, but it would be cool if Red Bull did the same thing tomorrow.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/11/2012 11:00am
As someone alive only because of a donor family, I hope and pray anyone who can would consider participating however you can for Kim and whomever else you may prove to be a match for. My wife and kids can tell you what it means to them that someone returned their husband and father to them, and what an incredible gift to Jeremy and their kids if you can help return Kim to the fullness of her life and the wife and mother to her family for a good many years to come.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/11/2012 11:05am
Cheers, FTE. Good reply.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
5/11/2012 12:03pm
I Can't get there today. But I am going to check out the web site, to see if there are other places that I could be tested. How much easier could it get, to help someone else!

The Shop

bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/11/2012 12:07pm
I signed up to have the kit shipped to the house.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/11/2012 12:33pm
Way to go, guys.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
5/11/2012 12:49pm
bg22 wrote:
Can you please provide a link to that? A lot of us international fans would be keen to help out that way.. MC is a hero of mine & I would do whatever I can to help the guy..
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
5/11/2012 1:21pm
bg22 wrote:
motokiwi wrote:
Can you please provide a link to that? A lot of us international fans would be keen to help out that way.. MC is a hero...
Can you please provide a link to that? A lot of us international fans would be keen to help out that way.. MC is a hero of mine & I would do whatever I can to help the guy..
Here's the link for US and Puerto Rico.

marrow.org/Join/Join_Now/Join_Now.aspx?promo_code=mcgrath
jasonv43
5/11/2012 4:26pm
My father in law went down there today. I couldn't make it but am definitely going to check out the link to have the kit shipped to my house.

Good things, good things.
umagumadog
5/11/2012 5:33pm
I hope lots of people turn up. I work for a blood bank and I can't tell you how helpful this can be to people and it's such an easy thing to do. Also if I may I would like to encourage everyone to consider donating blood on a regular basis it's quick and easy and every donation has the potential to save three lives. As brutal as the sport we love is we probably all know somebody who at some time has benefited from a blood donation. Any way here is just a brief overview of why you should join the marrow registry what it may require and how it can help Kim and countless others.

Be The Match is a worldwide organization made up of individuals who work together to recruit bone marrow and/or stem cell donors to match potential donors with patients in need of life-saving transplants.

For those in need of a transplant, there is a 30% chance of finding a matched donor within the patient's family. The registry increases your chances to 85%.

Potential donors must be between the ages of 18 and 60 years old and are required to meet certain health guidelines. A swab sample of cheek cells is taken and tested to determine the donor's tissue type. Potential donors must also complete a brief health history questionnaire and sign a consent form to have their tissue type listed on the Be The Match Registry. You are only called to donate if you are a potential match for a patient.

Donors may be asked to donate in one of two ways:

Bone marrow donation is a surgical procedure in which liquid marrow is withdrawn from the back of the donor's pelvic bones using special, hollow needles. General or regional anesthesia is always used for this procedure, so donors feel no needle injections and no pain during marrow donation. Most donors feel some pain in their lower back for a few days afterwards.
Peripheral blood cell (PBSC) donation involves removing a donor's blood through a sterile needle in one arm. The blood is passed through a machine that separates out the cells used in transplants. The remaining blood is returned through the other arm.
umagumadog
5/11/2012 5:42pm
Sherman94 wrote:
I can't register I'm only 17. Sad
No but you can go to your local blood bank and donate and help that way.

Post a reply to: Autograph Session to Support Kim McGrath’s Drive to Be the Match

The Latest