Australia's first international MX star?

2/7/2020 4:52am
Deja New wrote:
At the chandler velodrome in the 80’s SX I remember going up to him and wanting an autograph as a kid on press day as I...
At the chandler velodrome in the 80’s SX I remember going up to him and wanting an autograph as a kid on press day as I was invited would give anyone the time of day. I walk away and called him a wanker. Was a complete tosser. On race night the crowed was chanting dackies a wanker lol he must of pissed a few fans of. His final round of MX he won the title in the first moto didn’t even line up for the second again disappointing the fans.
Ok. I’m pissed, so excuse me while I pontificate. 1987 aus ax champs at Archerfield speedway. I’m a poor, broke dickhead. Yamaha TT250 shit box (4...
Ok. I’m pissed, so excuse me while I pontificate. 1987 aus ax champs at Archerfield speedway. I’m a poor, broke dickhead. Yamaha TT250 shit box (4 stroke). Support class. Fifth in qualifying. Trash and babies thrown in air during final. Crashed. 11th? 1988 . A grade. Poor broke dickhead. CR125 running 3rd in qualifying, crashed. Emergency ward. 1988 mr mx at echo valley Toowoomba, got flogged. My point? Leisky flogged ass and made women’s panties drop at 20 paces. Won 125, 250 and 500 Aussie champs at gum valley, koumala North Queensland mother fuckin best track IN THE WORLD (go there and deny). Gods own country, Great Barrier Reef, rainforest, last paradise.
Did I mention I am pissed? Fuck I love straya
CPR wrote:
Ha chook not exactly sure what you just said but I know all the tracks you mentioned and was probably there too. The original Echo Valley's...
Ha chook not exactly sure what you just said but I know all the tracks you mentioned and was probably there too. The original Echo Valley's the best track by me. Cheers fast chook!
Thanks tiger! It gets lost in translation when you are pissed. Gum valley koumala Mackay Nq really is the shit. Gallys favourite track at rickards Innisfail deserves a mention. In the rainforest hills, deep slimmy compost which is roosty when it’s dry but like wet polished concrete when it is wet. And then there is (some cunt I can’t remember) track on the tablelands above cairns. Fuck me dead. Loamy sand, hills. Spoont
CPR
2/7/2020 5:38am
Ok. I’m pissed, so excuse me while I pontificate. 1987 aus ax champs at Archerfield speedway. I’m a poor, broke dickhead. Yamaha TT250 shit box (4...
Ok. I’m pissed, so excuse me while I pontificate. 1987 aus ax champs at Archerfield speedway. I’m a poor, broke dickhead. Yamaha TT250 shit box (4 stroke). Support class. Fifth in qualifying. Trash and babies thrown in air during final. Crashed. 11th? 1988 . A grade. Poor broke dickhead. CR125 running 3rd in qualifying, crashed. Emergency ward. 1988 mr mx at echo valley Toowoomba, got flogged. My point? Leisky flogged ass and made women’s panties drop at 20 paces. Won 125, 250 and 500 Aussie champs at gum valley, koumala North Queensland mother fuckin best track IN THE WORLD (go there and deny). Gods own country, Great Barrier Reef, rainforest, last paradise.
CPR wrote:
Ha chook not exactly sure what you just said but I know all the tracks you mentioned and was probably there too. The original Echo Valley's...
Ha chook not exactly sure what you just said but I know all the tracks you mentioned and was probably there too. The original Echo Valley's the best track by me. Cheers fast chook!
Thanks tiger! It gets lost in translation when you are pissed. Gum valley koumala Mackay Nq really is the shit. Gallys favourite track at rickards Innisfail...
Thanks tiger! It gets lost in translation when you are pissed. Gum valley koumala Mackay Nq really is the shit. Gallys favourite track at rickards Innisfail deserves a mention. In the rainforest hills, deep slimmy compost which is roosty when it’s dry but like wet polished concrete when it is wet. And then there is (some cunt I can’t remember) track on the tablelands above cairns. Fuck me dead. Loamy sand, hills. Spoont
Well fuck me, I live near Innisfail these days and went to the last ever race at Rickards, only as a spectator though sadly, Saw it the other day, jungle is taking it back over.
robkinuk
2/7/2020 10:23am
Deja New wrote:
This was awesome night... imagine bradshaws take down of chicken and the Melt down on vital should that happen today....
https://youtu.be/v36jsZqGItw
Robgvx wrote:
Vitard on the mic...
Cheers Rob, yes Kenny Kay and I voiced over this Paris SX video when I distributed it with my Stadium Video Europe company.Smile
Good times...........
Deja New
2/7/2020 12:14pm
Deja New wrote:
This was awesome night... imagine bradshaws take down of chicken and the Melt down on vital should that happen today....
https://youtu.be/v36jsZqGItw
rangot wrote:
I was there in person, it was just crazy and awesome.
You lucky bastard Smile so so so jealous

The Shop

2/7/2020 1:00pm
Craig Dack was an arrogant wanker though, and plenty of other aussies could beat him anyway.....nothing to do with luck
Deja New wrote:
At the chandler velodrome in the 80’s SX I remember going up to him and wanting an autograph as a kid on press day as I...
At the chandler velodrome in the 80’s SX I remember going up to him and wanting an autograph as a kid on press day as I was invited would give anyone the time of day. I walk away and called him a wanker. Was a complete tosser. On race night the crowed was chanting dackies a wanker lol he must of pissed a few fans of. His final round of MX he won the title in the first moto didn’t even line up for the second again disappointing the fans.
Typical fucking northern pineapple. Queensland has nothing on WA
PJRAUS
2/7/2020 2:45pm
I remember watching Leisk roaring up the back straight at broadford the year they ran the track with a cross over bridge..he was riding a tricked out cr480 and that thing was throwing a rooster tail about 20 foot high as he ripped his way up and over the big uphill step up double..we called it suicide mountain...awesome to watch!
I remember the ACU cockheads canceled his race license just b4 he went to Europe.
He'd ridden a club enduro event around ballarat that wasnt sanctioned by the parasites, a local newspaper ran a photo and article about it and the parasites saw it..it was a cardinal sin to be caught riding a " black event " instant loss of license..
I was at the mildura supercross to race and was so looking foward to watching leisk on the track.
I remembered as we pushed our bikes through scrutineering he was there with his bike and they told him to fuck off...
The level of hatred we all felt towards the ACU rule book commandos back then, rose to a whole new level after that. Pretty sure Jeff just laughed at them and hung around to watch the race
CPR
2/7/2020 2:58pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I remember watching Leisk roaring up the back straight at broadford the year they ran the track with a cross over bridge..he was riding a tricked...
I remember watching Leisk roaring up the back straight at broadford the year they ran the track with a cross over bridge..he was riding a tricked out cr480 and that thing was throwing a rooster tail about 20 foot high as he ripped his way up and over the big uphill step up double..we called it suicide mountain...awesome to watch!
I remember the ACU cockheads canceled his race license just b4 he went to Europe.
He'd ridden a club enduro event around ballarat that wasnt sanctioned by the parasites, a local newspaper ran a photo and article about it and the parasites saw it..it was a cardinal sin to be caught riding a " black event " instant loss of license..
I was at the mildura supercross to race and was so looking foward to watching leisk on the track.
I remembered as we pushed our bikes through scrutineering he was there with his bike and they told him to fuck off...
The level of hatred we all felt towards the ACU rule book commandos back then, rose to a whole new level after that. Pretty sure Jeff just laughed at them and hung around to watch the race
I'd forgotten about that license fiasco.
You look back at it now and realise just how ridiculous it was.
jemcee
2/7/2020 3:44pm
I remember when he went to Europe and I couldn't wait for the issues of ADB to come in the mail to see the results or if there was a story (that I could look at the pictures haha I was a kid and not really a reader haha) I had to wait for my older brother to read it cover to cover first obviously, unless I wanted a series of dead legs fat headed cunt was very insistent on that!
Then was completely shocked he wanted to go to the states, my 11(ish) year old brain thought Europe was the be all and end all I mean did you see that Apico gear!!? Then I saw an article in ADB where he was in his house in the states and he had one of those 50 road bikes and there was a pic of him jumping over a ute anyway it all looked so cool and I 'got it' haha
Deja New
2/7/2020 7:52pm
CPR wrote:
In Chad Reed's last year, who remembers Australia's first rider to really make it on the international scene?
http://www.motorsportretro.com/2012/03/interview-jeff-leisk/

Nuffsaid wrote:
Chad has been a gate filler for years, please go away soon
Anyone that is fast enough to make the gate deserves to be on the gate. If others want to be on the gate they need to ride 1 2 seconds faster.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
2/7/2020 8:49pm
I know it’s not MX. But wasn’t there some world level Aus enduro riders in the 70s?
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
2/7/2020 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2020 10:03pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
I know it’s not MX. But wasn’t there some world level Aus enduro riders in the 70s?
I don't know about the 70's but Shane Watts won a world enduro championship in the late 90's and a bunch of other titles. 500cc mx champ in AUS.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
2/8/2020 1:14am
CPR wrote:
In Chad Reed's last year, who remembers Australia's first rider to really make it on the international scene?
http://www.motorsportretro.com/2012/03/interview-jeff-leisk/

Nuffsaid wrote:
Chad has been a gate filler for years, please go away soon
Better than being a Vital Post filler for just under two years Smile
2/8/2020 1:19am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2020 1:39am
Would have been world champion. Ran out of fuel at opening round. It was even televised in aus...
That was at Valkenswaard wasn't it, if i recall correctly?
You are probably correct. 1989. Televised on sbs in aus. Pretty big deal
2/8/2020 1:22am
CPR wrote:
Thanks tiger! It gets lost in translation when you are pissed. Gum valley koumala Mackay Nq really is the shit. Gallys favourite track at rickards Innisfail...
CPR wrote:
Well fuck me, I live near Innisfail these days and went to the last ever race at Rickards, only as a spectator though sadly, Saw it...
Well fuck me, I live near Innisfail these days and went to the last ever race at Rickards, only as a spectator though sadly, Saw it the other day, jungle is taking it back over.
Sick track hey? Did you see chesters farm on the tablelands? Is it still going?
2/8/2020 1:24am
Deja New wrote:
Typical fucking northern pineapple. Queensland has nothing on WA
Ha! Sandgropers. WA dunes for big ball coons. Love to go there one day
2/8/2020 1:30am
Craig Dack was an arrogant wanker though, and plenty of other aussies could beat him anyway.....nothing to do with luck
Deja New wrote:
And to clarify, Leisk won 125, 250 and 500 Australian champs at gum valley on one day with two (?) moto format(3?) For each division. Rode all fucking day and flogged everyone...
2/8/2020 1:57am
CPR wrote:
Never heard of him but keen to know more Momus.
Momus wrote:
I was being somewhat tongue in cheek mate. Quick google should have it on Ray Fisher. Probably still a couple of Super Seniors (over 70) in...
I was being somewhat tongue in cheek mate. Quick google should have it on Ray Fisher. Probably still a couple of Super Seniors (over 70) in Classic MX in Australia who rode with Ray.
CPR wrote:
Fuck ya Momus! 😂 Had never heard of him before but seems he was a legend too.
https://www.speedcafe.com/hall-of-fame-inductees/ray-fisher/
Bloody awesome. Thank you
2/8/2020 2:20am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Pretty sure geoff ballard was up there in the world scene
2/8/2020 2:38am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Pretty sure geoff ballard was up there in the world scene
He was. Given an order of Australia. Why did he year after year insist customers provide evidence they had paid accounts under the assumption their transactions had been “misplaced” then double paid with credit card information he held. Unaustralian. Fuck Ballard.
CPR
2/8/2020 3:22am
CPR wrote:
Well fuck me, I live near Innisfail these days and went to the last ever race at Rickards, only as a spectator though sadly, Saw it...
Sick track hey? Did you see chesters farm on the tablelands? Is it still going?
Yeah awesome dirt and layout at Rickards.
Chesters? i remember the name but don't know the track. There's a natural terrain track on a diary farm at Millaa Millaa that only has a race once a year, could that be it?
philG
2/8/2020 5:56am
Loads of top Aussie guys who can count to 3 and turn left, always has been. Most of them came to the UK , and did very well.

Post a reply to: Australia's first international MX star?

The Latest