Australian ProMX series concluded

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2021 6:01 PM

The Australian ProMX series has been concluded prematurely due to issues with travel laws between state governments

https://auspromx.com.au/2021-australian-champions-crowned-from-the-inaugural-penrite-promx-championship-presented-by-amx-superstores/

Sucks that this was the way it ended, not only because we missed out on more races but also for the champions. They were undoubtedly the best in their respective classes this year but there's probably going to be an asterisk next to their names and these championships.

|

10/14/2021 6:31 PM

That’s a shame they couldn’t try and swing two or 3 more races in one weekend somewhere. Only two states are in lockdown, but I guess that’s where the majority of the industry is.

|

10/14/2021 11:08 PM

I'm just pissed Duffy wasted a year in Australia for this and didn't go to Europe.

|

10/15/2021 1:04 AM

tobz wrote:

That’s a shame they couldn’t try and swing two or 3 more races in one weekend somewhere. Only two states are in lockdown, but ...more

Plenty of ‘industry’ in Qld, and no covid or lockdowns.

I’m sure they could have got border passes and run a few more rounds there, but it seems no one’s willing to organise it. Easier to just throw the hands in the air and blame the pandemic, just like MA with the Aussie MXdN team.

Disappointing, but deserving champions regardless.

|

10/15/2021 2:03 AM

Definitely a shame we don’t get to see the boys racing the rest of the rounds but border closures; quarantining etc etc it was always going to be a challenge. But congratulations to Luke Clout, Kyle Webster and Blake Fox. 3 very deserved champions.

|

10/15/2021 2:25 AM

tobz wrote:

That’s a shame they couldn’t try and swing two or 3 more races in one weekend somewhere. Only two states are in lockdown, but ...more

CPR wrote:

I’m sure they could have got border passes and run a few more rounds ...more

Unless you've got NRL money the Qld premier won't let you in. Shame it had to end like this, MA actually did a good job getting it on live free to air TV, here's hoping they can have a proper go next year

|

10/15/2021 2:36 AM

fanger wrote:

I'm just pissed Duffy wasted a year in Australia for this and didn't go to Europe.

I don’t think it was fully wasted. He proved himself against the best riders Australia has to offer and everyone knows the guys he’s racing are legit. It looks like he’s earned his ride in Europe anyway

|

10/15/2021 2:58 AM

fanger wrote:

He'd probably have to ride a 250 in Europe though

|

10/15/2021 4:17 AM

fanger wrote:

Juck wrote:

He needs a few years on the 250...

|

10/15/2021 4:33 AM

fanger wrote:

Juck wrote:

bowl wrote:

He needs a few years on the 250...

He's way better on the 450

|

10/15/2021 6:24 AM

Huge ***

|

10/15/2021 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2021 4:39 PM

tobz wrote:

CPR wrote:

I’m sure they could have got border passes and run a few more rounds ...more

chump6784 wrote:

Unless you've got NRL money the Qld premier won't let you in. Shame it had to end like this, MA actually did a good job ...more

There’s been heaps of sports and other events allowed into Qld. Seems as long as it promises an economy boost and has a Covid plan, they’re good to roll.
Even had a Targa event here in FNQ a few months back with loads of competitors/ teams from all of Oz, so not just NRL. No reason Aus MX Championship couldn’t have done the same.

|

10/18/2021 4:37 AM

Nothing has been posted but sadly Regan Duffy was involved in a bad accident while racing in the WAMX series Sunday. Presently in an induced coma so remember him in your prayers.

|

I still remember the days of being amazed by the arrival of modern innovations like single shocks, water-cooling, disc brakes and plastic fuel tanks !

10/18/2021 5:48 AM

SoftSand wrote:

Nothing has been posted but sadly Regan Duffy was involved in a bad accident while racing in the WAMX series Sunday. Presently ...more

Wow that's horrible, any idea as to why nothing is being posted? Hope he heals up asap

|

10/18/2021 7:52 AM

SoftSand wrote:

Nothing has been posted but sadly Regan Duffy was involved in a bad accident while racing in the WAMX series Sunday. Presently ...more

Oh man that sucks, such a young talent, praying for him...

|

FULL PRIVATEER RACER

10/18/2021 9:15 AM

I've the idea that the biggest problem is that there is no big promoter behind the championship. Didn't the last one ditched the series in 2020 "blaming the COVID19"?

On that other matter: Damn! That is hard to hear about Regan Duffy! Hope he makes a full recovery. Reminds me also a bit about Jy Roberts who was pretty good too but had those serious injuries... It's a sick and cruel sport sometimes.

|

10/18/2021 9:28 AM

MXMattii wrote:

I've the idea that the biggest problem is that there is no big promoter behind the championship. Didn't the last one ditched ...more

Motorcycling Australia took over the promotion in house , they would have more resources than Kevin Williams had It seemed to be going well until covid shut Aussie down again

|

10/18/2021 4:08 PM

scott_nz wrote:

Motorcycling Australia took over the promotion in house , they would have more resources than Kevin Williams had It seemed to ...more

Thanks for the update, I try the follow the ins and outs but sometimes I miss a few parts or just local knowledge.

|

10/18/2021 6:11 PM

MXMattii wrote:

I've the idea that the biggest problem is that there is no big promoter behind the championship. Didn't the last one ditched ...more

And in a cruel ironic way would be the best way to describe it I guess, Roberts and Duffy were actually teammates when Roberts had his accident

|

10/18/2021 10:21 PM

MXMattii wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

Motorcycling Australia took over the promotion in house , they would have more resources than Kevin Williams had It seemed to ...more

They got it broadcast live on free to air TV, it's a big step forward and shame they couldn't make the rest of the series happen. Look forward to next year for a proper crack at it. Sending my prayers to Regan Duffy, hope he makes it.

|

10/19/2021 12:15 AM

MA improved the series hands down.

|

10/19/2021 12:46 AM

CPR wrote:

There’s been heaps of sports and other events allowed into Qld. Seems as long as it promises an economy boost and has a Covid ...more

True.

Too much like work to do the lobbying and hard yards.

|