Australian 2019 AMA SX Coverage

Related:
Create New Tag

12/23/2018 4:44 PM

For all us Aussie's, I've just seen that we have a 3 hour delay for A1, but do get the full 3 hour coverage on Sunday Jan 6. 5pm EST, 2pm WST.

Early days but it appears that the network change in the US won't affect our viewing as its going ahead on ESPN2 again. I can't remember if this year's A1 was delayed or not but have a vivid memory of delays for the first few weeks before going live most every week in years past.

Screen shot is of WST. Note that the online Foxtel guide only gives a 14 day schedule so no info on rounds 2 onward yet:




|

12/23/2018 4:49 PM

Is this on Foxtel only or is there an app for ESPN?

|

12/23/2018 5:02 PM

When I looked yesterday it said 5pm because of NBA and College Basketball?

|

12/23/2018 5:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2018 5:05 PM

This is from the online Foxtel TV guide.

|

12/23/2018 6:01 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

When I looked yesterday it said 5pm because of NBA and College Basketball?

2pm WST, 5pm EST

|

12/23/2018 6:05 PM

Cheers, clearly I didn't read any of what you wrote

|

12/23/2018 6:38 PM

It's been added to the list of sports available on Kayo. I've signed up for the free trial to see how it goes.

|

12/23/2018 8:05 PM

FKN SHIT FKN.

Sent emails to Foxtel who confirmed ESPN2 will have it delayed, unlike being live in previous years.

The SXlive stream works out to about $180 for the season.

or $40 to watch A1 live.

Normally only watch the first 5-6 rounds live anyway, then most on delay after that once getting back for a ride on Sunday afternoon. Just want A1 live, the rest I can deal with on delay.

|

12/23/2018 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2018 10:16 PM

aaryn #234 wrote:

FKN SHIT FKN.

Sent emails to Foxtel who confirmed ESPN2 will have it delayed, unlike being live in previous years.

The SXlive stream works out to about $180 for the season.

or $40 to watch A1 live.

Normally only watch the first 5-6 rounds live anyway, then most on delay after that once getting back for a ride on Sunday afternoon. Just want A1 live, the rest I can deal with on delay.

I've got Fetch TV through my internet provider, 85 bucks for phone/internet and Fetch. I've got the vibe package which has ESPN 1 and 2. It's basically a mini version of Foxtel, got to watch all the UFC prelims and the whole Fight Nights live on EDGE Sport channel, World Endurocross too! Haven't had Fuxtel since 2012, they're a joke.

Edit again: There are plenty of ways to watch it live

|

12/23/2018 10:39 PM

What do you guys think of kayo?
maybe we can share an account, you can use 2 devices at the same time so i guess wouldnt be a problem.

|

12/23/2018 10:48 PM

aaryn #234 wrote:

FKN SHIT FKN.

Sent emails to Foxtel who confirmed ESPN2 will have it delayed, unlike being live in previous years.

The SXlive stream works out to about $180 for the season.

or $40 to watch A1 live.

Normally only watch the first 5-6 rounds live anyway, then most on delay after that once getting back for a ride on Sunday afternoon. Just want A1 live, the rest I can deal with on delay.

EZZA 95B wrote:

I've got Fetch TV through my internet provider, 85 bucks for phone/internet and Fetch. I've got the vibe package which has ESPN 1 and 2. It's basically a mini version of Foxtel, got to watch all the UFC prelims and the whole Fight Nights live on EDGE Sport channel, World Endurocross too! Haven't had Fuxtel since 2012, they're a joke.

Edit again: There are plenty of ways to watch it live

Better get onto this. Can you record for later or watch on demand?

|

12/23/2018 11:05 PM

Underground wrote:

Better get onto this. Can you record for later or watch on demand?

You can record and watch from your mobile devices, there's an ESPN app too but I haven't checked it out.

A few providers offer Fetch, there's also Telstra TV which has Bein 1 2 and 3.

|

12/23/2018 11:34 PM

I got the NBC Gold SX and Outdoors package a bit over a week ago.

I've a paid for VPN, as the free ones I tried for a while were inconsistent.

The NBC Gold ended up costing me around $125 AUD.

The only complaint I had about this years Outdoors coverage, was the replay archives were lower quality than the live events. Hopefully, that improves, and the SX quality is better than this years - that Cleeng (sp?) set up was very inconsistent.

|

12/24/2018 1:08 AM

Bearuno wrote:

I got the NBC Gold SX and Outdoors package a bit over a week ago.

I've a paid for VPN, as the free ones I tried for a while were inconsistent.

The NBC Gold ended up costing me around $125 AUD.

The only complaint I had about this years Outdoors coverage, was the replay archives were lower quality than the live events. Hopefully, that improves, and the SX quality is better than this years - that Cleeng (sp?) set up was very inconsistent.

What VPN are you using?

|

12/24/2018 4:10 AM

Fresh wrote:

What VPN are you using?

PureVPN.

Buggered if I recall accurately how much it cost. I think I paid for about 5 years, somewhere around $70?

There are probably free ones that work well, or cheaper / better 'to pay' ones, but I'll be buggered if I was going to f**k around anymore with all that crap at the time.

A good VPN will enable you to watch so many (free things too) things that are locale blocked / restricted.

I'm always surprised that people will endlessly whinge about having to pay for something, that they are supposedly into.

It's sweet FA to pay.

I've no bloody interest in Foxtel etc, though my Telstra TV attached to my Internet tries to get me to go deep into the world of pay TV. Not fuggin likely....... So many people I know with cable, etc set ups, end up with the things they are interested in, always being 'bumped' for crap that you've got to wonder why anyone would be interested in.........

And hell, I've got some riding to do , as well as watch.

|

12/24/2018 4:41 AM

That time sounds about right for me to be a live (not delayed) coverage?

|

12/24/2018 5:24 PM

Foxtel has the FoxtelNow App - I think you can get the sports package for 25 a month.


Is their any other way to watch SupercrossLive (practice and Qaulifying) without buying the Feld Subscription?

|

12/24/2018 5:37 PM

brycepdh wrote:

That time sounds about right for me to be a live (not delayed) coverage?

Nope, it should be 2 EST.

|

12/24/2018 5:46 PM

brycepdh wrote:

That time sounds about right for me to be a live (not delayed) coverage?

EZZA 95B wrote:

Nope, it should be 2 EST.

Sorry I only looked at the first picture and didn’t read that it was WST. That sucks...

|

12/24/2018 6:04 PM

brycepdh wrote:

Sorry I only looked at the first picture and didn’t read that it was WST. That sucks...

I did the same

|

12/25/2018 1:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2018 1:01 PM

aaryn #234 wrote:

FKN SHIT FKN.

Sent emails to Foxtel who confirmed ESPN2 will have it delayed, unlike being live in previous years.

The SXlive stream works out to about $180 for the season.

or $40 to watch A1 live.

Normally only watch the first 5-6 rounds live anyway, then most on delay after that once getting back for a ride on Sunday afternoon. Just want A1 live, the rest I can deal with on delay.

EZZA 95B wrote:

I've got Fetch TV through my internet provider, 85 bucks for phone/internet and Fetch. I've got the vibe package which has ESPN 1 and 2. It's basically a mini version of Foxtel, got to watch all the UFC prelims and the whole Fight Nights live on EDGE Sport channel, World Endurocross too! Haven't had Fuxtel since 2012, they're a joke.

Edit again: There are plenty of ways to watch it live

Same here. Although do they still label it as 125 and 250 ?

|

12/25/2018 1:13 PM

Happens every year.
Wait till it's about 5 days before A1 b4 checking foxtel when race will be on.

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

12/25/2018 1:29 PM

Richard Tease II wrote:

Same here. Although do they still label it as 125 and 250 ?

I think they did for outdoors?
|

12/25/2018 11:32 PM

Bearuno wrote:

I got the NBC Gold SX and Outdoors package a bit over a week ago.

I've a paid for VPN, as the free ones I tried for a while were inconsistent.

The NBC Gold ended up costing me around $125 AUD.

The only complaint I had about this years Outdoors coverage, was the replay archives were lower quality than the live events. Hopefully, that improves, and the SX quality is better than this years - that Cleeng (sp?) set up was very inconsistent.

Hey man I’m trying to work out how this all works, I have been on the NBC website and it is telling me this service is not available in this country (AUS). How did you do it haha

|

12/25/2018 11:49 PM

Bearuno wrote:

I got the NBC Gold SX and Outdoors package a bit over a week ago.

I've a paid for VPN, as the free ones I tried for a while were inconsistent.

The NBC Gold ended up costing me around $125 AUD.

The only complaint I had about this years Outdoors coverage, was the replay archives were lower quality than the live events. Hopefully, that improves, and the SX quality is better than this years - that Cleeng (sp?) set up was very inconsistent.

OffRoadBro wrote:

Hey man I’m trying to work out how this all works, I have been on the NBC website and it is telling me this service is not available in this country (AUS). How did you do it haha

You need to use a vpn like hola for Google Chrome and set your location to one of the countries it is available for

|

12/26/2018 12:07 AM

Bearuno wrote:

I got the NBC Gold SX and Outdoors package a bit over a week ago.

I've a paid for VPN, as the free ones I tried for a while were inconsistent.

The NBC Gold ended up costing me around $125 AUD.

The only complaint I had about this years Outdoors coverage, was the replay archives were lower quality than the live events. Hopefully, that improves, and the SX quality is better than this years - that Cleeng (sp?) set up was very inconsistent.

OffRoadBro wrote:

Hey man I’m trying to work out how this all works, I have been on the NBC website and it is telling me this service is not available in this country (AUS). How did you do it haha

chump6784 wrote:

You need to use a vpn like hola for Google Chrome and set your location to one of the countries it is available for

I used Hola the one year Supercross was free online to everywhere but Aus (2/3 years ago?). I got to watch Supercross but Hola started to do some really weird shit to my computer, mainly Chrome. Haven't used it since.

|

12/26/2018 1:57 AM

OffRoadBro wrote:

Hey man I’m trying to work out how this all works, I have been on the NBC website and it is telling me this service is not available in this country (AUS). How did you do it haha

chump6784 wrote:

You need to use a vpn like hola for Google Chrome and set your location to one of the countries it is available for

EZZA 95B wrote:

I used Hola the one year Supercross was free online to everywhere but Aus (2/3 years ago?). I got to watch Supercross but Hola started to do some really weird shit to my computer, mainly Chrome. Haven't used it since.

Same here, lol though I didn't risk with my mac, but instead ran Hola on my old laptop that my wife was using, it did not last much longer, filled up with even more virus's haha.

Going to try a paid VPN

|

12/26/2018 2:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2018 2:05 AM

aaryn #234 wrote:

Same here, lol though I didn't risk with my mac, but instead ran Hola on my old laptop that my wife was using, it did not last much longer, filled up with even more virus's haha.

Going to try a paid VPN

This was on my Mac Mini, still goes ard! Hahaha.

Edit: Using a 10 year old Macbook and a 4 year old Mac Mini and watched plenty of dodgy streams... Just have piss all RAM, and the battery on the Macbook lasts 5 minutes.

|

12/26/2018 2:14 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

I used Hola the one year Supercross was free online to everywhere but Aus (2/3 years ago?). I got to watch Supercross but Hola started to do some really weird shit to my computer, mainly Chrome. Haven't used it since.

aaryn #234 wrote:

Same here, lol though I didn't risk with my mac, but instead ran Hola on my old laptop that my wife was using, it did not last much longer, filled up with even more virus's haha.

Going to try a paid VPN

EZZA 95B wrote:

This was on my Mac Mini, still goes ard! Hahaha.

Edit: Using a 10 year old Macbook and a 4 year old Mac Mini and watched plenty of dodgy streams... Just have piss all RAM, and the battery on the Macbook lasts 5 minutes.

If this weather keeps up, ill be willing to pay double just to watch A1 live haha.

Nice balmy 43 degrees tomorrow, (109.4F) and the next week all around the mark, summer has hit, the bikes are away, bring on A1

|

12/26/2018 2:48 AM

aaryn #234 wrote:

If this weather keeps up, ill be willing to pay double just to watch A1 live haha.

Nice balmy 43 degrees tomorrow, (109.4F) and the next week all around the mark, summer has hit, the bikes are away, bring on A1

And here I am complaining about low 30's over the next few days.

|