Australia Not Going To MXoN

bowl
9/8/2021 4:43am
I have the same opinion about MXDN. I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon. I was all booked...
I have the same opinion about MXDN.

I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon.

I was all booked to go to Ernee, France for last years event.
jemcee wrote:
I agree with both of you

I went to Manjimup.. I was 13 and it ruled!
Joshracing wrote:
We were just talking about 'why is nothing in Australia'? MXGP.... MXoN. Why not? They do double MXGP's in Thailand, this year, scheduled for BALI.... Why...
We were just talking about 'why is nothing in Australia'? MXGP.... MXoN. Why not? They do double MXGP's in Thailand, this year, scheduled for BALI.... Why not Australia!! I reckon the Aussies would love it. Maybe the communist government won't allow. 'Stay in your cages'.
Your a tool!
SilverSpurs
9/8/2021 4:50am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 4:50am
I have the same opinion about MXDN. I missed Manjimup 30 years ago and hope it is held in Australia again, soon. I was all booked...

jemcee wrote:
I agree with both of you

Joshracing wrote:
We were just talking about 'why is nothing in Australia'? MXGP.... MXoN. Why not? They do double MXGP's in Thailand, this year, scheduled for BALI.... Why...
We were just talking about 'why is nothing in Australia'? MXGP.... MXoN. Why not? They do double MXGP's in Thailand, this year, scheduled for BALI.... Why not Australia!! I reckon the Aussies would love it. Maybe the communist government won't allow. 'Stay in your cages'.
Covid is the reason for no top level international motorsport events and the rationale, and politics can be discussed ad infinitum- but not here please.

At least MA's attitude to MX has shown signs of life with Williams Event Management gone and MA in charge of MX Nationals, and initially off to a good start.

Bike road racing has the 2 wheel kudos in Australia understandably: lots of very well known World Champs- and the top class facilities because it leverages for the most part from bitumen car racing.

jemcee
9/8/2021 4:50am
Joshracing wrote:
We can't afford it..
And teams don't wanna pay to come all this way
DeStouwer
9/8/2021 5:04am

jemcee wrote:
I agree with both of you

Joshracing wrote:
First: Bali is Indonesia, not Thailand.
Second: those GP's won't even take place, neither will Argentina. Double headers in Trentino and Matterley Basin are coming up.

The Shop

McG194
9/8/2021 5:52am
jemcee wrote:
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown...
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown?
and McG you're saying guns protect you from cops? As in you'd shoot them?

I thought you guys were all about the thin blue line
McG194 wrote:
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes...
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes it does both of those things but it is mostly about protecting us from tyranny. If you don't think that cops beating the hell out of citizens who aren't wearing masks is tyranny I don't know what to tell you.

We are not about "The thin blue line" blindly, we are about the rule of law and citizens having rights.
The problem America has, is allowing muppets like you purchase them. No offense to you mate.
Why you gotta make it personal? All I did was inform you of the intent of the framers of the Constitution.
McG194
9/8/2021 6:43am
jemcee wrote:
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown...
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown?

McG194 wrote:
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes...
In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. It is not about hunting or even protecting ourselves from robbery or bad guys. Yes it does both of those things but it is mostly about protecting us from tyranny. If you don't think that cops beating the hell out of citizens who aren't wearing masks is tyranny I don't know what to tell you.

We are not about "The thin blue line" blindly, we are about the rule of law and citizens having rights.
MO 23 wrote:
I think you sadly do not know much about what is happening in Aus, despite having a very strong opinion. Outside of Melbourne, most Australians had...
I think you sadly do not know much about what is happening in Aus, despite having a very strong opinion.

Outside of Melbourne, most Australians had very little time in lockdown last year and up until about June this year. Delta has f**ked us a bit, since and we don't have vaccination rates up to an acceptable rate yet.
We have a geographical advantage, and that combined with shutting borders, and localized lockdowns kept our deaths to around 1000 last year (so there have been some significant upsides to our strategy). whilst almost all citizens had very few restrictions. infact i was going to football games with 80k fans when most of the worlds sports were being played without fans.
Unfortunately we are now where a lot of you guys were 12 months ago. unfortunately some of the strategies we used last year, are not as effective against delta.
We will be fine, and the protests have actually been quite small. most people here support some level of lockdown until we get the vaccinations to an acceptable level. I am currently under a lockdown, it sucks and i am over it. But I personally don't think we should "let it rip" until we have vaccinations up to the 70-80% mark
There have been plenty of protests all around the world, and i don't see a correlation with gun laws.
I saw plenty of much larger protests with confrontation between police (and military) and protesters in the US last year. Were you calling it "tyranny" then? or is it only tyranny when you agree with the protesters?

Here is a newsflash, Covid has caused problems in every corner of the world. It is hard to make everyone happy, rich and safe. Australia is no different, we have done some things great through the pandemic, and some things poorly.

As far as our economy, we are one of just a few developed countries with positive growth from before the pandemic.
So some sectors (tourism etc) are f**ked. most are fine
Our economy is larger now than 2019....so its not all doom and gloom

Its still a pretty f**king great place to live (and that's not to say plenty of other places in the world are not also great)

Not everything is as dramatic as it seems when you look at a 10 second news clip

Now specifically about the statement of "In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment"
That may or may not be true. But in Australia we do not want an equivalent, the vast majority of citizens support our gun laws. we are free to make the laws that we want for our country. just as you are for yours
I don't have a strong opinion because it doesn't affect me whatsoever.

I just am surprised at the willingness of Aussies to submit to government overreach. Granted I'm mostly ignorant of Australian culture but I've always thought of you guys as fiercely independent free thinking people who just wanted others to leave them the eff alone.
SilverSpurs
9/8/2021 6:50am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 6:51am
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:
I think you sadly do not know much about what is happening in Aus, despite having a very strong opinion. Outside of Melbourne, most Australians had...
I think you sadly do not know much about what is happening in Aus, despite having a very strong opinion.

Outside of Melbourne, most Australians had very little time in lockdown last year and up until about June this year. Delta has f**ked us a bit, since and we don't have vaccination rates up to an acceptable rate yet.
We have a geographical advantage, and that combined with shutting borders, and localized lockdowns kept our deaths to around 1000 last year (so there have been some significant upsides to our strategy). whilst almost all citizens had very few restrictions. infact i was going to football games with 80k fans when most of the worlds sports were being played without fans.
Unfortunately we are now where a lot of you guys were 12 months ago. unfortunately some of the strategies we used last year, are not as effective against delta.
We will be fine, and the protests have actually been quite small. most people here support some level of lockdown until we get the vaccinations to an acceptable level. I am currently under a lockdown, it sucks and i am over it. But I personally don't think we should "let it rip" until we have vaccinations up to the 70-80% mark
There have been plenty of protests all around the world, and i don't see a correlation with gun laws.
I saw plenty of much larger protests with confrontation between police (and military) and protesters in the US last year. Were you calling it "tyranny" then? or is it only tyranny when you agree with the protesters?

Here is a newsflash, Covid has caused problems in every corner of the world. It is hard to make everyone happy, rich and safe. Australia is no different, we have done some things great through the pandemic, and some things poorly.

As far as our economy, we are one of just a few developed countries with positive growth from before the pandemic.

Its still a pretty f**king great place to live (and that's not to say plenty of other places in the world are not also great)

Not everything is as dramatic as it seems when you look at a 10 second news clip

Now specifically about the statement of "In Australia you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment"
That may or may not be true. But in Australia we do not want an equivalent, the vast majority of citizens support our gun laws. we are free to make the laws that we want for our country. just as you are for yours
McG194 wrote:
I don't have a strong opinion because it doesn't affect me whatsoever. I just am surprised at the willingness of Aussies to submit to government overreach...

I just am surprised at the willingness of Aussies to submit to government overreach. Granted I'm mostly ignorant of Australian culture but I've always thought of you guys as fiercely independent free thinking people who just wanted others to leave them the eff alone.
Aussies are that, but generations have benefited enormously from benevolent government run health and welfare programs.

Life expectancy has more than doubled since great grand dad's day- so there is rightfully trust in proper processes and from the vast sensible center, in vaccinations.

It's one of the reasons why Australia has a much higher average life expectancy than the US and a lot more social cohesion.
felpro
9/8/2021 7:14am
We are mostly submitting to government overreach. Those that are not, have joined facebook pages, contributed articles arising from from various commentators such as Joe Rogan and those like him who have open minds and investigate both sides of the debate.

Our choice is to do that or what? Grab a gun or some explosives and kill fellow Aussies?

Not how we operate. Not how any civilised society operates. I think there will be a movement toward smaller fringe political parties possibly in the future.

But then, those guys probably can't run an economy.
gt80rider
9/8/2021 7:19am
bowl wrote:
Can go to grocery store n click collect for retail. Mainly essential work only i.e disability, health care. Only 5k radius for exercise from home. Been...
Can go to grocery store n click collect for retail.
Mainly essential work only i.e disability, health care.
Only 5k radius for exercise from home.

Been over 200 days in lockdown in Victoria Melbourne.
Government have been painfully slow in vaccine roll out.
Sept 23 should be 70%first vaccinated completed n some restrictions should slightly ease restrictions...
Once double jabbed vaccinated 70 predicted Oct 23 should have lot more freedumb.
Nope.... you forgot the third booster shot.... oh... then the fourth booster.... opppsss.... then a fifth.... and a sixth....
SilverSpurs
9/8/2021 7:52am
gt80rider wrote:
Nope.... you forgot the third booster shot.... oh... then the fourth booster.... opppsss.... then a fifth.... and a sixth....
I hope they keep the boosters coming and are able to develop a lifetime shot as for polio- keep on top of those nasty mutations bro.
MO 23
9/8/2021 9:06am
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:

McG194 wrote:
I don't have a strong opinion because it doesn't affect me whatsoever. I just am surprised at the willingness of Aussies to submit to government overreach...

Yeah, and I would say we are independent thinkers, but let me guess, you think we are not, because we are not thinking the same way as you on this instance?

Like I said up until June this year, most have not been in lockdown much. The economy is pretty strong and life has been good.
The wheels fell off around June.

And you say we are submitting to government overreach, most in aus are happy with the governments actions (for the most part). Whilst some parts are a struggle, and the vaccine rollout has been a screw up. But there are upsides.
Look at our deaths per million residents. The strategy has had upsides.

mxpimp
9/8/2021 10:57am
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:

McG194 wrote:

After reading the replies from the Australians, I can see why their government is doing it. Because they can.
bowl
9/8/2021 1:37pm
Better then let it Rip 12 months ago n have hospitals icu would be overflowing.
The ones against it have not come up with any better solutions and or plan of way out.
The ones protesting n their leader activist r just after money from their sheep followers..
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/8/2021 2:43pm
“The hardest part of a 2 week lockdown is the first 17 months”
felpro
9/8/2021 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 4:23pm
Tucker Carlson: “In Australia, the government has implemented total lockdowns nationwide, and imposed martial law to enforce them,”

Nope. Just. Plain. Wrong.

EDIT: Oops, this is not about MXDN anymore. I've taken my discussion to Non moto.
Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2441st
9/8/2021 4:13pm
Its a shame AUS cant go to des nations. The rest of the world has a new contender to worry about. I look forward to the next 10 years of the Lawrence bro’s, Beaton, Evans and Duffy dominating the world stage 🇦🇺
jemcee
9/8/2021 4:29pm
mxpimp wrote:
After reading the replies from the Australians, I can see why their government is doing it. Because they can.
Yeah they can, cause we have faith in our Government system.. (mostly)

You guys go on and on about your freedom and how free you are, but I question how 'free' you really are if you're constantly paranoid the shadows are about to take it from you..
aeffertz
9/8/2021 4:35pm
jemcee wrote:
Yeah they can, cause we have faith in our Government system.. (mostly) You guys go on and on about your freedom and how free you are...

You guys go on and on about your freedom and how free you are, but I question how 'free' you really are if you're constantly paranoid the shadows are about to take it from you..
You remember when you’d go to the pub and there was the one weird guy always on the end of the bar that would try and tell you he knows the real truth and that he’s the second coming of Jesus? All those guys have internet access now and post at will. There’s no point in entertaining them as you will just end up with an earful of dribble and your time being completely wasted.

It was funny at first to poke at them but now it’s just sad realizing how kooked out they are.
westeast
Fantasy
3rd
9/8/2021 5:30pm
mxpimp wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Yeah they can, cause we have faith in our Government system.. (mostly) You guys go on and on about your freedom and how free you are...

Can you even catch a flight out of the country right now?

To think that freedoms (to travel, to assemble, to seek medical treatment, to operate your business so you can feed your family...) are not under assault (in the USA, in AUS, & just about everywhere that I'm aware of) is just insane.
MO 23
9/8/2021 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 6:50pm
mxpimp wrote:
jemcee wrote:

westeast wrote:
Can you even catch a flight out of the country right now? To think that freedoms (to travel, to assemble, to seek medical treatment, to operate...
Can you even catch a flight out of the country right now?

To think that freedoms (to travel, to assemble, to seek medical treatment, to operate your business so you can feed your family...) are not under assault (in the USA, in AUS, & just about everywhere that I'm aware of) is just insane.
Getting out is not hard, getting back in is the difficult part as there is limited flights, and you have to do 2 weeks quarantine when you arrive, of which there are limited spaces.

the freedom discussion is a difficult one, because the limits on certain activities are restricting to peoples "freedoms" but they also protect a lot of vulnerable people.
Covid is not the end of the world, however it has undoubtedly ended a lot of people lives prematurely. there is a balance between unrestricted freedoms, and a responsibility to protect the population.
Every society balances that a bit different, and that is OK

As i said, truthfully Australia had a much easier run in 2020 than most, unfortunately this year we are not so lucky. but its not as simple as "you guys are crazy and living in a dictatorship"
felpro
9/8/2021 5:46pm
I know Toby Price flew out a couple of months ago.

Heres the rules:

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
your travel is for your business/employer
you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
you are travelling outside Australia for a compelling reason for three months or longer
you are travelling on compelling or compassionate grounds
your travel is in the national interest
you are ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/8/2021 7:02pm
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:

McG194 wrote:

Let us know when you start shooting cops/government employees due to your 2nd amendment right. Probably not going to happen, even tho we had to wear masks that people sure do complain about, tho didn’t go as far to over throw “tyranny”. So how is Australia any different than us?
APLMAN99
9/8/2021 7:21pm
McG194 wrote:
How could this post get that many thumbs down, do people like getting their asses kicked by cops?
jemcee wrote:

McG194 wrote:

We have more citizens incarcerated per capita than any other developed nation, coupled with the highest rate of civilians killed by law enforcement.

I think that it’s pretty safe to say that we, as a society, are not using second amendment rights to combat ‘tyranny’…..!

CPR
9/9/2021 12:13am
Wow there’s some straight up bullshit in this thread!

Three pages and very few comments actually about MXdN…..

Oh and for anybody saying Australia is in lockdown; only two states are. It’s like saying the whole USA is in lockdown if only California and Texas were.
Where I am you wouldn’t even know there was a pandemic if you didn’t watch the news.

So if you wanna talk about amendments and freedom, I suggest you go down to your bunker, cuddle your sacred firearm of choice and lecture your wife, or sister, which ever one you call her. She probably won’t want to listen to you either.
MO 23
9/9/2021 12:57am
Can we all just get along? Haha

There are some real misconceptions from some on this board (and beyond) about what is currently happening in aus.
But most of all, let’s all chill on the animosity between friendly countries.
The US and Australia are very similar in culture and ideology.

Bummer neither are sending a team to the nations.

Have a good one all

Post a reply to: Australia Not Going To MXoN

The Latest