Australia Not Going To MXoN

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/6/2021 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 4:46pm
Motorcycling Australia today regretfully announce that it will not be sending a team to this month’s FIM Motocross of Nations (MXoN) to be held in Italy, due to significant COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.

MXoN is to be held on September 25 and 26, in Italy, however with border restrictions, stringent international travel restrictions which require special exemptions, vaccine and quarantine requirements in Italy and Australia, vaccine passports as well as contractual commitments of candidates and their teams, it is not possible to send a team.

With constant COVID-19 legislative changes both here in Australia and Europe it is not feasible, to have an Australian team participate.

It’s disappointing as this is an event the Australian motocross fans and industry look forward to, and we believed we could have fielded a very strong team this year, however the global pandemic has made the mission to send a team impossible.

We look forward to participating in 2022.
|
9/6/2021 7:41pm
From the sounds of it, they can't even go the local grocery story.
Mate, Melbourne will hit 2000 positives in one day tomorrow. Thats how bad it is.
9/6/2021 7:51pm
Mate, Melbourne will hit 2000 positives in one day tomorrow. Thats how bad it is.
In the U.S. we have about 150,000 for a 7 day average. I wasn't trying to make light of the situation and I'm not opposed to the team pulling of of the MXoN. At this point, I would be surprised if it happens at all. Good luck and stay safe.
9/6/2021 7:58pm
In the U.S. we have about 150,000 for a 7 day average. I wasn't trying to make light of the situation and I'm not opposed to...
In the U.S. we have about 150,000 for a 7 day average. I wasn't trying to make light of the situation and I'm not opposed to the team pulling of of the MXoN. At this point, I would be surprised if it happens at all. Good luck and stay safe.
All good, I didn't take it that way. In fact getting to go to the grocery store is a highlight in lock down hahaha

The Shop

9/6/2021 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2021 8:09pm
More like 250 ish today.

2 or 2 Million, either way it the same fucking restrictions.
bowl
9/6/2021 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2021 8:46pm
Can go to grocery store n click collect for retail.
Mainly essential work only i.e disability, health care.
Only 5k radius for exercise from home.

Been over 200 days in lockdown in Victoria Melbourne.
Government have been painfully slow in vaccine roll out.
Sept 23 should be 70%first vaccinated completed n some restrictions should slightly ease restrictions...
Once double jabbed vaccinated 70 predicted Oct 23 should have lot more freedumb.
9/6/2021 8:54pm
In a strange way that’s a good thing. It sux for people in Oz that you guys cant leave your district but sports “stars” are able to go about freely.
It’s a shame they aren’t sending a team, but the fairness is a nice change.
mayzo
9/6/2021 8:54pm
Yeah it’s almost like that. I’m still able to get out for a ride anytime so all good.
We have 3 guys racing MxGp that could represent us
Jed Beaton, Wilson Todd and Bailey Malchowiuz with a good chance of great results.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
9/6/2021 9:26pm
yeah its a shit show here in AUS, im a few hours above Sydney and its getting ridiculous.

Hopefully all F**ks off by summer and we can get some MX racers back up and running.
9/6/2021 10:13pm
Australia is now the sad example, why you should never give away your guns.
9/6/2021 10:39pm
mayzo wrote:
Yeah it’s almost like that. I’m still able to get out for a ride anytime so all good. We have 3 guys racing MxGp that could...
Yeah it’s almost like that. I’m still able to get out for a ride anytime so all good.
We have 3 guys racing MxGp that could represent us
Jed Beaton, Wilson Todd and Bailey Malchowiuz with a good chance of great results.
In a perfect world, there would be Jett and Hunter. Man, I really think with a team with them on it, Australia could bring home a win. Let's hope 2022.
gerg
9/6/2021 10:48pm
Apart from having nothing to do with the MXoN, a person can legally purchase firearms in Australia.
SilverSpurs
9/6/2021 11:33pm
Australia has a high level of firearm ownership and anybody with a legitimate reason can get a license and own guns- or many.

Hunting and recreational firearm use is very popular but runs under the radar because of a very different, non handgun culture.
pdub187
Fantasy
2499th
9/6/2021 11:39pm
You're a sad indictment of the American education system.
tobz
9/6/2021 11:39pm
yeah its a shit show here in AUS, im a few hours above Sydney and its getting ridiculous. Hopefully all F**ks off by summer and we...
yeah its a shit show here in AUS, im a few hours above Sydney and its getting ridiculous.

Hopefully all F**ks off by summer and we can get some MX racers back up and running.
What? Out of our 6 states and two territories, only 2 of them seem to be full of idiots who don’t know how to keep to themselves. Whistling
CPR
9/7/2021 12:25am
yeah its a shit show here in AUS, im a few hours above Sydney and its getting ridiculous. Hopefully all F**ks off by summer and we...

tobz wrote:
What? Out of our 6 states and two territories, only 2 of them seem to be full of idiots who don’t know how to keep to...
What? Out of our 6 states and two territories, only 2 of them seem to be full of idiots who don’t know how to keep to themselves. Whistling
Yep I’m in Qld with no restrictions at all.

However the Covid situation in Australia has zip to do with not sending a team to MXdN, because the team would have been made up of America and Europe based riders.

Just like team USA, it’s a total cop out by our mob.
chump6784
9/7/2021 1:46am

tobz wrote:
What? Out of our 6 states and two territories, only 2 of them seem to be full of idiots who don’t know how to keep to...
CPR wrote:
Yep I’m in Qld with no restrictions at all. However the Covid situation in Australia has zip to do with not sending a team to MXdN...
Yep I’m in Qld with no restrictions at all.

However the Covid situation in Australia has zip to do with not sending a team to MXdN, because the team would have been made up of America and Europe based riders.

Just like team USA, it’s a total cop out by our mob.
Yep, both Lawrence brothers wanted to go. Jett said in an interview that someone higher up decided they weren't going. To me that sounds like an HRC/American Honda decision. There are also a couple guys in Europe already. The hard part would be getting guys from Australia there, both in terms of riders and management
fanger
9/7/2021 2:07am
Hot tip, use your guns to get yourselves a better education and health care system.
9/7/2021 2:21am
pdub187 wrote:
Why be so polite..... hes a dickhead!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
9/7/2021 2:29am
CPR
9/7/2021 2:38am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 2:40am

#needforspeed78
McG194
9/7/2021 5:12am
How could this post get that many thumbs down, do people like getting their asses kicked by cops?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/7/2021 5:27am
pdub187 wrote:
Sick burn. I'm sure the guy from Finland is reeling from that one.
Alan Dove
9/7/2021 5:28am
bowl wrote:
Can go to grocery store n click collect for retail. Mainly essential work only i.e disability, health care. Only 5k radius for exercise from home. Been...

Sept 23 should be 70%first vaccinated completed n some restrictions should slightly ease restrictions...
Once double jabbed vaccinated 70 predicted Oct 23 should have lot more freedumb.
Some scientists are briefing for a October lockdown in the UK despite our high levels of vaccines so don't get your hopes up bud.

Enjoy the ensuing poverty and deprivation though that'll come your way. Nothing like protecting vulnerable people ... by creating more of them.
bowl
9/7/2021 5:31am
bowl wrote:
Can go to grocery store n click collect for retail. Mainly essential work only i.e disability, health care. Only 5k radius for exercise from home. Been...

Alan Dove wrote:
Some scientists are briefing for a October lockdown in the UK despite our high levels of vaccines so don't get your hopes up bud. Enjoy the...
Some scientists are briefing for a October lockdown in the UK despite our high levels of vaccines so don't get your hopes up bud.

Enjoy the ensuing poverty and deprivation though that'll come your way. Nothing like protecting vulnerable people ... by creating more of them.
Uk infection rate is thru roof compared to aus.

Alan Dove
9/7/2021 5:32am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 5:37am
bowl wrote:

... with a wide vaccine roll out. When you open up same will happen in Australia. You could be in lock down for years and years unless there's a big cultural societal shift.

We're not far away from permanent suspension of international events in certain territories. It's becoming economically nonviable. People are still a bit in la la land because they aren't feeling the economic affects yet, but 150m+ in the poorest parts of the world who've been plunged into extreme poverty are.

MXON might be done and dusted as a credible event.
bowl
9/7/2021 5:42am
bowl wrote:

Alan Dove wrote:
... with a wide vaccine roll out. When you open up same will happen in Australia. You could be in lock down for years and years...
... with a wide vaccine roll out. When you open up same will happen in Australia. You could be in lock down for years and years unless there's a big cultural societal shift.

We're not far away from permanent suspension of international events in certain territories. It's becoming economically nonviable. People are still a bit in la la land because they aren't feeling the economic affects yet, but 150m+ in the poorest parts of the world who've been plunged into extreme poverty are.

MXON might be done and dusted as a credible event.
When uk opened up thought u guys already at 30k cases a day or something like that.
Melicar
9/7/2021 5:43am
pdub187 wrote:

Alan Dove
9/7/2021 5:51am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 5:54am
bowl wrote:
When uk opened up thought u guys already at 30k cases a day or something like that.
And you'll get there too eventually and you'll lockdown again... and then be in a cycle of lockdowns until your economy collapses (yes governments really are that dumb). Australia foreign tourism is as good as dead. I am being totally honest here and blunt - finito, dead, gone.

Coronviruses never go away so you either cultural learn to say "we will just have to live with this" or give up on your life as a free individual.

Covid isn't really that bad. it's very visual because it targets older people, and humans haven't had large populations of 'older people' for that long (100 or so years) so it looks worse than it really is. It barely would have registered in my view 200+ years ago.

Anyway. Good luck getting out of the lock down cycles. Vaccines are not the way out. If UK goes back in then it's game over on that front.
jemcee
9/7/2021 5:56am
McG194 wrote:
How could this post get that many thumbs down, do people like getting their asses kicked by cops?
Let me see if I'm following here, according to needforspeed if we had our guns (we still do) we could shoot our way out of lockdown?
and McG you're saying guns protect you from cops? As in you'd shoot them?

I thought you guys were all about the thin blue line

Post a reply to: Australia Not Going To MXoN

The Latest