Austin Vs Jett What Did You See?

Zycki11
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2022 8:53am
A few things I noticed.

Technique-wow what a difference between the two. Jett looks in control the entire time. His legs tell the bike where to go.

Setup- Austin had a twitchy bike. It handles quickly, it just looks almost sponge like when the forks rebound quickly. Doesn’t seem very forgiving. Conversely, Jett’s Honda looks incredibly balanced and predictable.

Confidence- Austin clearly has some, but looks more like a racer who is willing his way to the front. When he gets real confidence back i see another level in him similar to years past. Jett oozes confidence right now. Calm, cool, and collected with the patience to allow things to play out.

What has caught your eye?
|
Crush
4/24/2022 8:19am
People can argue generational or not, but the one thing I always think when I watch Jett is, he looks like he's seeing the world in 4k 60fps and the rest are on 720P. He looks like he has time to do everything, rarely looks fast but always is. Rookie mistakes still happen but it looks very replicable and more so for a 450.

Forkner still has elite speed obviously, but it feels like a time bomb watching him ride. He's a few races back and already a bunch of moments, dude needs to chill if he wants to put it together. The Varize thing wasn't his fault, but he didn't remove himself from harm's way either.
Darrin Willis
4/24/2022 8:23am
I see all of hrc riders as making there bike look awsome. Its the rider imo.
4/24/2022 8:38am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2022 8:38am
Everyone gives Jett such high praises, and he deserves them, his season and results have been outstanding..
But man, he crashes a lot.. that’s not gonna work out when you move to the 450s, ask Chase..
Juck
Fantasy
309th
4/24/2022 8:40am
Everyone gives Jett such high praises, and he deserves them, his season and results have been outstanding.. But man, he crashes a lot.. that’s not gonna...
Everyone gives Jett such high praises, and he deserves them, his season and results have been outstanding..
But man, he crashes a lot.. that’s not gonna work out when you move to the 450s, ask Chase..
What I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that yes he crashes a lot, but he also has some moments on the bike where he makes some great saves, however he isn't going to be able to make those same saves on a 450.

The Shop

AJ565
4/24/2022 8:58am
I saw Jett lay back and let Austin have it. He was in champ mode and wanted to make sure that was done. He fell back and closed right back up on him. He’s super smooth and doesn’t even look like he’s trying. Austin looks panicked everywhere on the track like he’s running last and trying to get to the front which causes his mistakes.
Bradshaw Fan
4/24/2022 9:55am
It was nice to see Forkner get in there and race Jett. There are not very many riders who have the speed to race with Jett. Jett did not need to win so I believe Jett has even more speed than he showed.
cwel11
4/24/2022 9:58am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2022 1:30pm
Personally I saw the 18 just cruising playing the championship game. Forkner was moving but Jett was catching him easy it looked, then would back off. I’m not a Jett nut hugger but that’s what I saw
Tumic
4/24/2022 10:27am
I saw same as some others. A Jett that with his superior riding style makes his bike look awsome, just as all the other team Honda guys.

It’s like someone saying that Barcias rear shock looks off, no shit.. good luck getting a rear shock look good while riding two gears to low and bouncing on the revlimiter all the time.

Good looking riders makes their bike look good.

As far as last night, Jett let Austin have it, and while riding behind Forkner, standing on the pegs at 90% of his own top speed, he looked extra good.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/24/2022 10:37am
Looked to me like he had an angel and devil on each shoulder, "just follow him around, collect that bonus check for sure!" vs "win this thing with a WIN!"

He wanted to make the pass quick and get away, but not get sucked into a battle. He tried a couple times but couldn't execute it fast enough to get away from a reaction from Forkner. Forkner wanted the win way too bad to make it easy.
gt80rider
4/24/2022 10:41am
I saw-

Fork is old school speed... Jett is new school.. new school is much more efficient- simply easier to go fast over a longer period...
Joey_Bridges
4/24/2022 11:33am
I saw a win gifted to forkner.
But with the point gotten across that clearly it could have been taken away.
USA
Fantasy
428th
4/24/2022 12:28pm
I saw a championship battle that could have been..
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/24/2022 12:30pm
Everyone gives Jett such high praises, and he deserves them, his season and results have been outstanding.. But man, he crashes a lot.. that’s not gonna...
Does Jett crash a lot? I don't think he crashes as much as some of you guys think.
M1000
4/24/2022 1:15pm
Jett was playing with Forkner. Jett has superior speed, style, and is now 250 Lites champ. Plus 250 National Champ. What championships does Forkner have? Forkner fast, but no Jet speed 😀
tomlopez
4/24/2022 2:26pm
I notice an annoying pattern with some Jett superfans: any time he doesn't absolutely dominate a race, the first thing they blurt out is how Jett wasn't trying or how he was "toying" with whoever beat/challenged him.

After the Indy round when McAdoo actually passed Jett in the beginning of the main, Jett himself admitted that he wasn't confident enough at the start of the race to blitz the whoops the way McAdoo was. But Jett fans insisted that Jett was simply toying with him.

It just seems like there are fans that Jett has brought into the sport that clearly haven't watched it before, and expect him to simply be the absolute fastest rider every single lap of every single race. It's not gonna be that way in the 450 class, so I'm anxious to hear the explanations when Jett isn't beating Tomac by 15 sec every race.
Moto213
4/24/2022 2:30pm
tomlopez wrote:
I notice an annoying pattern with some Jett superfans: any time he doesn't absolutely dominate a race, the first thing they blurt out is how Jett...
I notice an annoying pattern with some Jett superfans: any time he doesn't absolutely dominate a race, the first thing they blurt out is how Jett wasn't trying or how he was "toying" with whoever beat/challenged him.

After the Indy round when McAdoo actually passed Jett in the beginning of the main, Jett himself admitted that he wasn't confident enough at the start of the race to blitz the whoops the way McAdoo was. But Jett fans insisted that Jett was simply toying with him.

It just seems like there are fans that Jett has brought into the sport that clearly haven't watched it before, and expect him to simply be the absolute fastest rider every single lap of every single race. It's not gonna be that way in the 450 class, so I'm anxious to hear the explanations when Jett isn't beating Tomac by 15 sec every race.
100% correct
Lukass59
4/24/2022 2:51pm
You don’t follow 1/2 second behind a guy in a race with shit dirt and rocks because you want to let him win. jett might not of forced the issue but if he could of made a pass he would of.
nousername
4/24/2022 3:45pm
Does Jett crash a lot? I don't think he crashes as much as some of you guys think.
How many times has he washed the front on 1st or 2nd turn of a start
Ob917
4/24/2022 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2022 4:15pm
I agree Forkner looks like a time bomb compared to Jett, but both were ripping obviously
Gworm
4/24/2022 4:22pm
Do you think if the tables were turned, and Jett had just got back from the injuries Forkner has been through, and was back at the pointy end, guys would be saying that Forkner was laying back and let him win?
CPR
4/24/2022 4:48pm
Talking about Austin vs Jett and saying Jett crashes a lot; irony anyone?
mx313
4/24/2022 4:52pm
nousername wrote:
None....

The lost the rear twice at Arlington.
Got hit from behind from hardy Munoz.
And at Atlanta he hit his front wheel into rj Hampshire.
Moto213
4/24/2022 6:09pm
Gworm wrote:
Do you think if the tables were turned, and Jett had just got back from the injuries Forkner has been through, and was back at the...
Do you think if the tables were turned, and Jett had just got back from the injuries Forkner has been through, and was back at the pointy end, guys would be saying that Forkner was laying back and let him win?
No
captmoto
4/24/2022 6:31pm
nousername wrote:
And yet he still can pull off a podium after the fall. Has Jett been hurt points wise from any of his crashes?
4/24/2022 6:36pm
What are his crashes though? It's all him washing the front end, save for the Forkner fiasco. No major get offs or yard sale's. Seems like easily correctable mistakes
gerg
4/24/2022 7:21pm
Off topic but not starting a new thread...anyone know if Jett runs the 1E plate for the e/w shootout or still the 18?

On topic. I don't really agree Jett was toying with Austin I think he was wanting/trying to get passed but for whatever reason couldn't....either that or he was being super cautious for the championship. The last lap especially at the end of one of the rhythms Forkner made a mistake and Jett checked right up...Ricky said they both made a mistake but it looked like Jett kindof panicked, hit the brakes and went and rolled the last jump instead of double.

I'm not sure Forkner looked as on the ragged edge as some people are saying, he looked fine to me.
Hank_Thrill
4/24/2022 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2022 8:03pm
One thing I don't see is how AC lined up for that 250 main. I thought his SX season was over again as hard as he hit that berm in his heat. Man, helmets these days are incredible. I think both Austin's big crashes this year would have snoozed a lot of riders past and present.
Zycki11
4/24/2022 8:22pm
One thing I don't see is how AC lined up for that 250 main. I thought his SX season was over again as hard as he...
One thing I don't see is how AC lined up for that 250 main. I thought his SX season was over again as hard as he hit that berm in his heat. Man, helmets these days are incredible. I think both Austin's big crashes this year would have snoozed a lot of riders past and present.
He spoke about that in the press conference alluding to the fact that he hit the ground and didn’t break. Somehow this gave him confidence.
TDeath21
4/24/2022 9:17pm
A track cut by Forkner to secure the victory.
Coggl
4/24/2022 9:27pm
tomlopez wrote:
I notice an annoying pattern with some Jett superfans: any time he doesn't absolutely dominate a race, the first thing they blurt out is how Jett...

You can thank the moto media for that

Post a reply to: Austin Vs Jett What Did You See?

The Latest