Austin Stroupe

bobby397
Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 7:34am
Could the guy be making a comeback? Looks to have everything back together and doing well.

|
Rab
7/25/2018 5:05pm
Pretty sure that’s not even his account
bobby397
7/25/2018 5:10pm
Rab wrote:
Pretty sure that’s not even his account
I’m gonna say you’re 99.9% wrong

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
7/25/2018 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 5:31pm
Why such a big deal that he got a call from Gary Body Shop?
slipdog
7/25/2018 5:35pm
Brad460 wrote:
Gary is the shit, Bro! You try taking your Ridgeline to Maaco and see what happens....

The Shop

drt410
7/25/2018 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 6:00pm
Hes the perfect example of what happens to these 250 class guys. You make it to being a pro, but unless you reallllly do something and stand out your gonna be stuck there for a while then just have to move on to other things in life. There needs to be more contracts in the 450s. Martin with 2 titles shouldnt still be on 250's, same with Osbourne at 30 years old, or Alex Martin. It should be the young guns in the 250s like Fornker, Cooper, Hampshire, Marchbanks...etc. All these other dudes should be making the 450 class the true premier class where its stacked with talent. As it is now the 250 class has the most talent.
7/25/2018 6:02pm
drt410 wrote:
Hes the perfect example of what happens to these 250 class guys. You make it to being a pro, but unless you reallllly do something and...
Hes the perfect example of what happens to these 250 class guys. You make it to being a pro, but unless you reallllly do something and stand out your gonna be stuck there for a while then just have to move on to other things in life. There needs to be more contracts in the 450s. Martin with 2 titles shouldnt still be on 250's, same with Osbourne at 30 years old, or Alex Martin. It should be the young guns in the 250s like Fornker, Cooper, Hampshire, Marchbanks...etc. All these other dudes should be making the 450 class the true premier class where its stacked with talent. As it is now the 250 class has the most talent.
I'm not sure he's the perfect example of what happens to 250 riders..
BobKerr
7/25/2018 6:08pm
I had to look up in the RacerX Vault when he last raced SX or MX, because I knew it had been a long time. Las Vegas SX, May 7th 2011. He is 27 yrs old. I wonder what he is doing.
BobKerr
7/25/2018 6:14pm
drt410 wrote:
Hes the perfect example of what happens to these 250 class guys. You make it to being a pro, but unless you reallllly do something and...
He raced the 450 SX class in 2011.
7/25/2018 6:16pm
Need to repair a damaged past? Call Gary's Body Shop! Ask for the VitalMX discount and receive a free torque check on your sprocket bolts!

7/25/2018 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 6:21pm
This is precisely what is wrong with social media. Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG account and 2) make some wild assertion like "Looks to have everything back together and doing well" based on what? Based on two fake IG posts?

The OP honestly thinks Austin Stroupe has "everything back together and is doing well" based on two IG posts? Are you seriously this dense and easily influenced? It's completely sad. This is how people frame their world view now. Two fucking IG posts. "Oh, he good."

Do you know the real world way to determine someone like Austin Stroupe "has everything back together and is doing well?" When he's at the top of professional racing again and consistently winning. That's how. Not based on what you see on Instagram. Fuck me. Fuck me sideways.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/25/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 10:12am
I've wondered whether the RV/Dungey pairing stood out so much because their peer talents like Stroupe, Izzi, Lawrence flamed out spectacularly, but the current generation of top 450 guys may have had their heads on a little better to keep a career going from rookie 250f to established 450 podium/win threat.

BTW, it would be terrific if Stroupe gets things straightened out, whether he rides competitively again or not.
7/25/2018 6:26pm
Stamp it, Stroupe is back!!!!
bobby397
7/25/2018 6:30pm
This is precisely what is wrong with social media. Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG...
This is precisely what is wrong with social media. Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG account and 2) make some wild assertion like "Looks to have everything back together and doing well" based on what? Based on two fake IG posts?

The OP honestly thinks Austin Stroupe has "everything back together and is doing well" based on two IG posts? Are you seriously this dense and easily influenced? It's completely sad. This is how people frame their world view now. Two fucking IG posts. "Oh, he good."

Do you know the real world way to determine someone like Austin Stroupe "has everything back together and is doing well?" When he's at the top of professional racing again and consistently winning. That's how. Not based on what you see on Instagram. Fuck me. Fuck me sideways.
Yea, I’m sure actual people within the industry are taking the time to respond to a fake Instagram account.
ns503
7/25/2018 6:33pm
This is precisely what is wrong with social media. Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG...

Bad day or what?
Camp332
7/25/2018 6:36pm
Stroupe looks healthy. Good stuff!
Drtbykr
7/25/2018 6:45pm
With his starting ability he could still do some damage indoors.

7/25/2018 6:47pm
1911 wrote:
I honestly did hear something about him on a YZ250 at Muddy Creek recently. ....I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/25/2018 6:51pm

ns503 wrote:
Bad day or what?
Seems to be one after another
cranger38
7/25/2018 6:57pm
I can 100 percent assure everyone that this is his account. He is doing really well. He’s working a job that he really enjoys and is riding again. Yet mostly just for fun. Everyone needs to try and build others up. Austin is definitely living for the future and not letting the past weigh him down any longer.
So if there’s nothing nice or supportive to say then please just scroll on.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/25/2018 7:06pm
cranger38 wrote:
I can 100 percent assure everyone that this is his account. He is doing really well. He’s working a job that he really enjoys and is...
I can 100 percent assure everyone that this is his account. He is doing really well. He’s working a job that he really enjoys and is riding again. Yet mostly just for fun. Everyone needs to try and build others up. Austin is definitely living for the future and not letting the past weigh him down any longer.
So if there’s nothing nice or supportive to say then please just scroll on.
Good to hear. I hope he keeps on keeping on.
brocster
7/25/2018 7:15pm

Quite funny you called someone else a dolt when YOU don’t even have everything together in your real little world, extremely little...
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/25/2018 7:48pm
There’s some dumb posting in this thread !!

dboivin
7/25/2018 7:54pm
randy valade is a good dude tho. Smile #michiganmafia
tcallahan707
7/25/2018 9:03pm

It appears that most of the responses to this think that you are ripping Stroupe. I didn't take it that way.

Macbeth is making a point about social media and it's a valid one. Does that mean Stroupe does/doesn't have it together? Not at all, because it's not about Stroupe. It's about seeing a tiny ass highlight reel of someone's life and making large assumptions because of it. It IS what is wrong with social media. It IS sad. I don't agree with the last paragraph, because there are MANY ways for Stroupe to be doing well, but that doesn't make the rest of the post wrong.

Reading comprehension people. Try it before getting emotional.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/25/2018 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 9:22pm

It appears that most of the responses to this think that you are ripping Stroupe. I didn't take it that way. Macbeth is making a point...
It appears that most of the responses to this think that you are ripping Stroupe. I didn't take it that way.

Macbeth is making a point about social media and it's a valid one. Does that mean Stroupe does/doesn't have it together? Not at all, because it's not about Stroupe. It's about seeing a tiny ass highlight reel of someone's life and making large assumptions because of it. It IS what is wrong with social media. It IS sad. I don't agree with the last paragraph, because there are MANY ways for Stroupe to be doing well, but that doesn't make the rest of the post wrong.

So you agree with this too ? This IS Austin’s REAL Instagram, as already stated.

Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG account and 2) make some wild assertion like "Looks to have everything back together and doing well" based on what? Based on two fake IG posts?

Look, I can agree about the whole “social media” stuff, but that’s not exactly everything the that Jeremy McBeth was making a point about.
tcallahan707
7/25/2018 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 9:28pm

It appears that most of the responses to this think that you are ripping Stroupe. I didn't take it that way. Macbeth is making a point...

langhammx wrote:
So you agree with this too ? This IS Austin’s REAL Instagram, as already stated. Look how easy it is for some dolt to [b]1) think...
So you agree with this too ? This IS Austin’s REAL Instagram, as already stated.

Look how easy it is for some dolt to 1) think this is Austin Stroupe's real IG account and 2) make some wild assertion like "Looks to have everything back together and doing well" based on what? Based on two fake IG posts?

Look, I can agree about the whole “social media” stuff, but that’s not exactly everything the that Jeremy McBeth was making a point about.
I really don't know what his real account is and frankly, I don't care. But none of the responses were debating the actual points made by the post. They were instant attacks on the OP and seemed to be misguided. He may be wrong about things but that's not what the responses were about. That's why I added my $.02.
7/25/2018 9:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2018 8:02am
I just wish people put a little more effort and thought into striking up conversation here on Vital instead of just taking screenshots of shit they see on social media and leaving it at that. It's fucking lazy and provides zero value. I would go so far as to say, what you see on social media should remain on social media unless it's some sort of monumental, earth shattering news. Even worse, Austin Stroupe's IG account (@stroupy19, which does appear to be real) is private, which means he has chosen to be selective with who sees his content. And now it's posted on a public forum for all the world to see and opine on and that is probably the exact opposite of what he's trying to do. At least respect someone's fucking privacy.

Stop with the stupid fucking polls. Stop with the re-posting of shit you see on social media and try to dig a little deeper and bring some meaningful conversation to the forum.
7/25/2018 10:59pm
1911 wrote:
I honestly did hear something about him on a YZ250 at Muddy Creek recently. ....I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...
All I hear you saying is, Stamp It!!! LOL
omalley
7/25/2018 11:00pm
Brad460 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Gary is the shit, Bro! You try taking your Ridgeline to Maaco and see what happens....
Gold.
ledger
7/26/2018 1:00am

Mr Sunshine. Sad

Post a reply to: Austin Stroupe

The Latest