Austin Howell #61 2011 Up-Date:

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 12:58pm
I see that there are varying reports on Austin's "status" for 2011...

Here are the facts:

He's currently a privateer & hasn't signed w/ anyone...yet.

He's NOT on the Rockstar-Suzuki squad.

He's currently riding & training for the 250 W series; however, he may end up in the "East" if any of the offers comes thru.

Also, if he lands somewhere that has the capability to put him on a 450 on the "opposing" coast...well...we all know the kid likes the big-bikes, too...
|
mxb2
11/3/2010 6:48pm
Whats he riding?, now until somethin comes up.
11/3/2010 6:57pm
Thanks TeamGreen. I was pleased when I read on a previous thread that Austin was on Bill Keefe's team; however, that was quickly proven untrue - damnit. I'd really like to see him end up on a competitive bike.
MotoGUY
11/3/2010 7:01pm
He was looking mighty fast out at glen helen racing this past weekend
mxb2
11/3/2010 7:14pm
MotoGUY wrote:
He was looking mighty fast out at glen helen racing this past weekend
PICS?

The Shop

MotoGUY
11/3/2010 7:52pm
I dont have any but he was riding a borrowed 09 yamaha and left everybody
mxb2
11/3/2010 7:54pm
MotoGUY wrote:
I dont have any but he was riding a borrowed 09 yamaha and left everybody
Impressive, dude rips! Hope some luck will go his way!
morning_stiffy
11/3/2010 9:06pm
I was watching a live MX race this year and his sister was on the chatboards during the race. I think he got 10th overall that day... =]
mxer146
11/3/2010 9:19pm
Hopefully something shows up and he can get some decent help. Kid is a talent on a bike.
Friday
11/3/2010 11:41pm
Great kid! Great family! He has top ten speed outdoors on the 450 for sure. I hung out with him Sunday at Glen Helen. He's been riding a lot of SX at his house and is getting it dialed. Love to see him on a good team with great bikes. He will deliver,IMHO.
TeamGreen
11/4/2010 9:19am
Great posts!

He's been riding RMZ250s at home and practicing/training for SX.

He's going to spend some time in SoCal hitting the local tracks.

He's rode well at the 4 Nationals he raced and he's getting faster. He still has a lot to learn...and he's enjoying the "education".

A great kid.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/4/2010 9:53am
There's a few companies still looking for riders on the Home page under Silly Season.
moto314
11/4/2010 10:01am
Let me know if he doesn't land a ride, can hook him up with some free parts for RMZ250.
downandup
11/4/2010 10:16am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2010 10:16am
This kid really deserves a ride. Along with Paluzzi and Vallee. These three are great guys.
Ozzy
11/4/2010 10:49am
Quote...
"This kid really deserves a ride. Along with Paluzzi and Vallee. These three are great guys.

Yep, there's several out there, that's true.

Make that 4!!!!!

Tyler Sjoberg's available too.

Dave O.Wink
Friday
11/15/2010 7:53pm
Red Seven.
Jenga
11/16/2010 6:25am
downandup wrote:
This kid really deserves a ride. Along with Paluzzi and Vallee. These three are great guys.
I gotta ask, why does he "deserve" a ride? What has he done? And Paluzzi? He did well at a national. Just 1. They scored points, and had a hell of a couple races. But why do they "deserve" a ride? It boggles my mind that these new kids who are fast, and have scored a few points in the nationals having this hanger-on'ers demand they "get" rides. What have they really done to deserve a substantially supported ride?

How's their supercross results? Oh that’s right, no existent.

Nothing personal but let them "produce" a bit more. Especially in this day and age.
DanDunes818
11/16/2010 6:33am
downandup wrote:
Jenga wrote:
I gotta ask, why does he "deserve" a ride? What has he done? And Paluzzi? He did well at a national. Just 1. They scored points...
I gotta ask, why does he "deserve" a ride? What has he done? And Paluzzi? He did well at a national. Just 1. They scored points, and had a hell of a couple races. But why do they "deserve" a ride? It boggles my mind that these new kids who are fast, and have scored a few points in the nationals having this hanger-on'ers demand they "get" rides. What have they really done to deserve a substantially supported ride?

Nothing personal but let them "produce" a bit more. Especially in this day and age.
So if we listen to you there's not one amateur that ever deserves a ride when they get to the pro ranks because they don't have any results yet? That makes no sense to me.
Jenga
11/17/2010 12:31pm
I'm saying, maybe they should "earn" themselves a ride? You know, like going out and proving to the support teams that they are capable? Just because you are fast, and top 5 at LL's doesnt mean shit. And these guys mentioned above arent the "next best thing"......They are good no doubt, but they have done nothing in my eyes to deserve a "ride"......Do it on your own, with your own (mommy\daddy) money, and work for it like the rest of the world. Dont "expect" a handout cause you finished in the top 10 at LL's and raced 3 nationals.

DanDunes818
11/17/2010 12:40pm
Jenga wrote:
I'm saying, maybe they should "earn" themselves a ride? You know, like going out and proving to the support teams that they are capable? Just because...
I'm saying, maybe they should "earn" themselves a ride? You know, like going out and proving to the support teams that they are capable? Just because you are fast, and top 5 at LL's doesnt mean shit. And these guys mentioned above arent the "next best thing"......They are good no doubt, but they have done nothing in my eyes to deserve a "ride"......Do it on your own, with your own (mommy\daddy) money, and work for it like the rest of the world. Dont "expect" a handout cause you finished in the top 10 at LL's and raced 3 nationals.

So you don't think they have to work their asses off to be a top 5 kid at LL's? What sport doesn't sign kids out of the amateur (college) levels? Every sport out there see's talent and signs guys before they prove themselves in the pro's and MX is no different. Most of the kids , if not all of them, worked their asses off more than you ever will to become a top 5 LL's kid and then they have morons like you come on message boards and say they haven't done shit.

What the fck have you done ?
morning_stiffy
11/17/2010 12:51pm
downandup wrote:
Jenga wrote:
I gotta ask, why does he "deserve" a ride? What has he done? And Paluzzi? He did well at a national. Just 1. They scored points...

Seems to me like this moron forgot that MOST of the riders that are on factory or support rides right now got recruited straight out of amateurs.

Ryan Dungey is now one of the highest paid riders out there, and he was pulled out of the B class, because of his potential.

These kids are producing great results on privateer bikes, they have tons of potential, just imagine what they could do on a factory, or even support bike like DNA/Shredstix...
Jenga
11/17/2010 1:11pm
I realize that. And the top kids usually do get picked up very early. With that being said, Austin Howell, Nick Paluzzi and Vallee are not Stroupe, Canard, Tomac, Wilson, or even Larson or Durham.......And look at where PJ and DD are now.

Did they have good am support? Shit yeah. Look at Paluzzi's RMZ. My point is, which you dont seem to get is, just because some kids are good am riders, turn pro, score a few points, does not and should not automatically give them " a ride"......The riders in question are not Barcia, Tomac, Wilson, Baggett, Canard, Izzi, Bogle, caliber riders. If they were, then maybe they would have a ride waiting for them for the 2011 season.

My advise is to do it on your own, prove your worth...Then maybe someone will give you a shot. They dont "deserve" shit. Why do they deserve it? What have they done that 1000 other kids past and present havent done? Earn it, and stop looking for handouts.

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
11/17/2010 1:24pm
I kind of agree with Jenga, though he is a little harsh. Every year there are a few coming out of the amateurs that have transcendent amateur careers, and those guys get the very scarce factory supported rides. This year I think Anderson is the only one that fits that description. After him I think it was wide open and Trettle and Audette were just more attractive to those teams for whatever reason. The rest need to take whatever support they can get and go prove the teams wrong.

LouDog
11/17/2010 1:28pm
Ozzy wrote:
Quote... "This kid really deserves a ride. Along with Paluzzi and Vallee. These three are great guys. Yep, there's several out there, that's true. Make that...
Quote...
"This kid really deserves a ride. Along with Paluzzi and Vallee. These three are great guys.

Yep, there's several out there, that's true.

Make that 4!!!!!

Tyler Sjoberg's available too.

Dave O.Wink
Make that 5 Weston Peick's available too.
mxb2
11/17/2010 2:06pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I kind of agree with Jenga, though he is a little harsh. Every year there are a few coming out of the amateurs that have transcendent...
I kind of agree with Jenga, though he is a little harsh. Every year there are a few coming out of the amateurs that have transcendent amateur careers, and those guys get the very scarce factory supported rides. This year I think Anderson is the only one that fits that description. After him I think it was wide open and Trettle and Audette were just more attractive to those teams for whatever reason. The rest need to take whatever support they can get and go prove the teams wrong.

Why is Jenga harsh?, just because he is nt sugarcoating stuff! Earn it and put in your work and your results will get you noticed! Heaven forbid anyone have to buy a bike!
Jenga
11/17/2010 2:58pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I kind of agree with Jenga, though he is a little harsh. Every year there are a few coming out of the amateurs that have transcendent...

mxb2 wrote:
Why is Jenga harsh?, just because he is nt sugarcoating stuff! Earn it and put in your work and your results will get you noticed! Heaven...
Why is Jenga harsh?, just because he is nt sugarcoating stuff! Earn it and put in your work and your results will get you noticed! Heaven forbid anyone have to buy a bike!
Thank you. If these kids only knew what it was like "back in my day"......Seriously, and my day wasnt all that long ago.... 1992 to 2000.

Prove your worth. Dont expect a handout. The sense of entitlement these days is mind blowing.
downandup
11/17/2010 3:00pm
Peick's not a rookie.

Even though I said those kids "deserve" it, I kinda agree with what Jenga said after I read what he wrote. So, I'd like to say that it would be nice if those kids get a ride: Vallee already did, even though I think Paluzzi and Howell have proved themselves more to get one, especially Paluzzi with a 9th overall in the 450 outdoors.
Jenga
11/17/2010 3:07pm
downandup wrote:
Peick's not a rookie. Even though I said those kids "deserve" it, I kinda agree with what Jenga said after I read what he wrote. So...
Peick's not a rookie.

Even though I said those kids "deserve" it, I kinda agree with what Jenga said after I read what he wrote. So, I'd like to say that it would be nice if those kids get a ride: Vallee already did, even though I think Paluzzi and Howell have proved themselves more to get one, especially Paluzzi with a 9th overall in the 450 outdoors.
and let's not discredit a 9th overall at a National. Just to qualify you're a stud....getting 20th place at a National is almost impossible... Top 10 is quite an accomplishment. But in this day and age, it's gonna take alot more. Unless your name is Marteen.......Dont get me started on how he still has a ride.
mxb2
11/17/2010 4:42pm
downandup wrote:
Peick's not a rookie. Even though I said those kids "deserve" it, I kinda agree with what Jenga said after I read what he wrote. So...
Peick's not a rookie.

Jenga wrote:
and let's not discredit a 9th overall at a National. Just to qualify you're a stud....getting 20th place at a National is almost impossible... Top 10...
and let's not discredit a 9th overall at a National. Just to qualify you're a stud....getting 20th place at a National is almost impossible... Top 10 is quite an accomplishment. But in this day and age, it's gonna take alot more. Unless your name is Marteen.......Dont get me started on how he still has a ride.
Yea Jenga, i agree with alot of stuff your saying, many riders are riding the gravy train with so-so results, but someone has to ride the bikes! That being said i hate seeing the same dudes year after year doing the same thing ,IMO there are only 6 or 7 dudes in each class that have a chance of winning! The others are fast no doubt , If your a 12 th place guy, i don t think a factory bike will put you on the box! I guess if your buddies with someone , or a good PR guy, thats helpful, but bottom line your paid to race, not be buddy buddy with guys , or be funny, The factories want their bikes on the podium or at least have a chance of winning!
TeamGreen
11/17/2010 5:09pm
As noted, he's lookin' at a good deal at Red Seven.

As to deserving a ride...?

The kid's got a great work ethic and he get's results: 'Nuff said.

Me? I think ya get what ya go after...

Hell, that's how I ended up down here, in Baja for the 1K...I'm on a great bike with supporfrom JCR/Honda and I'm havin' a blast.

We even got Yogi's ol' #!

We're 11...11X!
Friday
11/22/2010 10:25pm
Sad I'm hearing the Red Seven thingy isn't happening. Brand switch or something.Not sure. So looks like Austin may be trying to do the West coast on 250 f Zooks. Not sure who is helping him out but looks like he is still searching for a ride while working hard and prepping to do his own thing the best he can. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can get it done!

Post a reply to: Austin Howell #61 2011 Up-Date:

The Latest