Aussie wilson todd in for first 2 rounds

Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2432nd
Edited Date/Time 5/25/2019 3:22am
Another talented aussie and current mx2 australian points leader wilson todd will compete at the first 2 rounds of the AMA mx. This is a guy who has battled with beaton & evans (mxgp) and also lawrence throughout his junior career. Wouldnt suprise me to see him inside the top 10 and could even push top 5 if things go his way. Great to see multiple aussies over where they belong in the the US.
|
5/13/2019 8:10pm
Good to see these younger guys go over and get their feet wet in the big leagues and come back hungry and more experienced. The only downside when they land OS is it bleeds our talent back home and makes going to a local National less exciting to watch for the money they charge, although it does give the new kids a spot on a team.
Ranman68
5/13/2019 8:14pm
I don't know anything about Wilson Todd, but if you say he's fast then I'm sure he is. I know Dean Ferris is quick. Hunter Lawrence is a fierce competitor and has some major speed. Having the top Aussies in the mix with former world mxgp champions like Musquin/Roczen and top GP contenders like Ferrandis, and others mixed in with the best Americans makes it extra fun to watch. It makes for deeper competition and helps push the skill levels higher for everyone. I'm anxious for outdoors to start. Damn it would've been sweet to have Jeffrey Herlings here for a season in ama outdoors. Maybe since he has no title shot in the GPs, he might at least race an event or two. I hope so.

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/13/2019 9:35pm
Good to see these younger guys go over and get their feet wet in the big leagues and come back hungry and more experienced. The only...
Good to see these younger guys go over and get their feet wet in the big leagues and come back hungry and more experienced. The only downside when they land OS is it bleeds our talent back home and makes going to a local National less exciting to watch for the money they charge, although it does give the new kids a spot on a team.
I guess that's the benefit of having a mid season break here. The guys who are healthy can try and head overseas and get in a couple extra races and get some experience in either the US or Europe.. The guys who aren't healthy can get a clean up operation or do some training and rehab and come out swinging for the second half.

5/13/2019 9:58pm
Wilson has top 5 speed. He's a step above his competition here in Australia.
Top 5 speed? I doubt it. He should be stoked if he can score points in each moto.
15-18 motos I predict and that’s doing really well. This isn’t a knock on him, I know he is a solid rider and the best 250 Aussie at the moment on the circuit.. There are 10-15 AMA guys that are capable of winning a moto, the class is stacked !
Hope he surprises though!
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
5/13/2019 10:13pm
hopefully he has a decent bike under him
His borrowing a ktm off a troy lee amateur i read on his Instagram
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/13/2019 10:21pm
Aussie Todd Waters and Kiwi Cody Cooper . (running the #48 he earned last year) are both doing the first 3 rounds as well,
Dm370
5/13/2019 10:27pm
He would be over the moon with a top 10 , longer motos are better for him aswell
mxmaniac
5/14/2019 12:31am
I hope he has a blast, samples the Intensity and speed at that level and learns a lot.
I think to jump off a plane onto a borrowed bike, on an unfamiliar track is hard to predict his finish position!
Wilson is great to watch. Good luck mate
5/14/2019 2:15am
Top 5 speed? I doubt it. He should be stoked if he can score points in each moto. 15-18 motos I predict and that’s doing really...
Top 5 speed? I doubt it. He should be stoked if he can score points in each moto.
15-18 motos I predict and that’s doing really well. This isn’t a knock on him, I know he is a solid rider and the best 250 Aussie at the moment on the circuit.. There are 10-15 AMA guys that are capable of winning a moto, the class is stacked !
I said he has top 5 speed. I stand by this. There's a thousand other variables that will affect him, but he could do it. I genuinely believe it.

I predict a top 10 in at least one moto.
JB479
5/14/2019 2:27am
Top 5 speed? I doubt it. He should be stoked if he can score points in each moto. 15-18 motos I predict and that’s doing really...
I said he has top 5 speed. I stand by this. There's a thousand other variables that will affect him, but he could do it. I...
I said he has top 5 speed. I stand by this. There's a thousand other variables that will affect him, but he could do it. I genuinely believe it.

Wouldnt be shocked to see a top 10 finish. I think he would suit the tracks, he kind of has an american style. Real agressive.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 3:50pm
I said he has top 5 speed. I stand by this. There's a thousand other variables that will affect him, but he could do it. I...

Top 5 speed? Ya reckon?

You think he's got more speed than any of the following:
AC, Ferrandis, Cooper, Sexton, Jordan Smith, McElrath, A Mart.

He didn't have the speed of Kyle Webster for most of the last round. He's definitely fast and could score points over there but to put the pressure on and predict a top 5 in his first trip over there is a bit extreme. Basically the whole top 20 are on factory bikes for crying out loud, he'll be behind the eight ball.
MXMattii
5/14/2019 4:58pm
The Aussies got some great riders still up their sleeve, Wilson Todd is one from them.

I watch often the live stream and the past seasons I also saw someone like Nathan Crawford show great potential with his fluent style. But after his injury early in 2018 that sidelined him for the full season, it seems like he doesn't get on the same level again. Or did the competition made a step forward while he was injured?

Also Luke Clout who got screwed by the folding of his American team, Jy Roberts, Cody Dyce (who's maybe jumping classes to soon), Regan Duffy, Maximus Purvis and Rhys Budd are all interesting kids. And I probably forget even some names. Are all interesting names and a few of them will make it overseas for sure.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 6:02pm
MXMattii wrote:
The Aussies got some great riders still up their sleeve, Wilson Todd is one from them. I watch often the live stream and the past seasons...
The Aussies got some great riders still up their sleeve, Wilson Todd is one from them.

I watch often the live stream and the past seasons I also saw someone like Nathan Crawford show great potential with his fluent style. But after his injury early in 2018 that sidelined him for the full season, it seems like he doesn't get on the same level again. Or did the competition made a step forward while he was injured?

Also Luke Clout who got screwed by the folding of his American team, Jy Roberts, Cody Dyce (who's maybe jumping classes to soon), Regan Duffy, Maximus Purvis and Rhys Budd are all interesting kids. And I probably forget even some names. Are all interesting names and a few of them will make it overseas for sure.
It's just good to see Jy Roberts up and about, being in a coma is some pretty heavy stuff, anything he does from here on out is a bonus.

Cody Dyce is probably the least likely looking fast guy i've ever seen in my life. He's a cool kid by all accounts and rips, and i dont mean to be rude, but i do wonder about his fitness.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/14/2019 6:13pm
MXMattii wrote:
The Aussies got some great riders still up their sleeve, Wilson Todd is one from them. I watch often the live stream and the past seasons...

Luke's results did him in for the US:

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 6:22pm
ML512 wrote:
Luke's results did him in for the US: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/14/347385/s1200_Screen_Shot_2019_05_14_at_6.11.24_PM.jpg[/img]

Fair point.

I could be wrong but wasn't their a broken femur in supercross that year. Come back from something like that in the space of 3 months isn't an ideal lead into your first run at the outdoors. Then to have the team you'd signed with go belly up on top of that. Another year would've probably seen much better results but them's the breaks in pro sport.
Jrewing
5/14/2019 6:26pm
MXMattii wrote:

Crawford is still coming back from no riding pee season because of his injury. He’s making progress
Jrewing
5/14/2019 6:27pm

haydos25 wrote:
Top 5 speed? Ya reckon? You think he's got more speed than any of the following: AC, Ferrandis, Cooper, Sexton, Jordan Smith, McElrath, A Mart. He...
Top 5 speed? Ya reckon?

He didn't have the speed of Kyle Webster for most of the last round. He's definitely fast and could score points over there but to put the pressure on and predict a top 5 in his first trip over there is a bit extreme. Basically the whole top 20 are on factory bikes for crying out loud, he'll be behind the eight ball.
Webster is our best soft/sand rider I’d say.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/14/2019 6:29pm
MXMattii wrote:

Maximus Purvis is a Kiwi BTW
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 6:30pm
Jrewing wrote:
Webster is our best soft/sand rider I’d say.
Kyle Webster, Louis Calvin and Dean Porter for MXDN i say. All out WA attack

WhistlingLaughingLaughing
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 6:37pm
scott_nz wrote:
For now. He'll make something of himself and we'll take him off ya don't you worry about that.
Jrewing
5/14/2019 7:24pm
MXMattii wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
So is Russell Crowe... seems you conveniently left that one off
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/14/2019 7:27pm
ML512 wrote:
Luke's results did him in for the US: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/14/347385/s1200_Screen_Shot_2019_05_14_at_6.11.24_PM.jpg[/img]

haydos25 wrote:
Fair point. I could be wrong but wasn't their a broken femur in supercross that year. Come back from something like that in the space of...
Fair point.

I could be wrong but wasn't their a broken femur in supercross that year. Come back from something like that in the space of 3 months isn't an ideal lead into your first run at the outdoors. Then to have the team you'd signed with go belly up on top of that. Another year would've probably seen much better results but them's the breaks in pro sport.
A friend of mine was his wrench that year...there was a major lack of work ethic...and a lot of pulling off when there was nothing wrong with the bike.
Jrewing
5/14/2019 7:31pm
ML512 wrote:

haydos25 wrote:
Fair point. I could be wrong but wasn't their a broken femur in supercross that year. Come back from something like that in the space of...
Fair point.

ML512 wrote:
A friend of mine was his wrench that year...there was a major lack of work ethic...and a lot of pulling off when there was nothing wrong...
A friend of mine was his wrench that year...there was a major lack of work ethic...and a lot of pulling off when there was nothing wrong with the bike.
Have you seen his Missus? I’d be pulling off too
I’d say he was too tired to exercise cause he spent the night on the workbench
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
5/14/2019 7:35pm
MXMattii wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Clout broke his femur the start of that year too I think
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
5/14/2019 7:41pm
ML512 wrote:
A friend of mine was his wrench that year...there was a major lack of work ethic...and a lot of pulling off when there was nothing wrong...
If that's the case then he got the results he deserved. Again a broken femur probably didn't help the fitness scenario

He's a different rider now but he's missed the window to head overseas unfortunately.
5/14/2019 7:44pm

haydos25 wrote:
Top 5 speed? Ya reckon? You think he's got more speed than any of the following: AC, Ferrandis, Cooper, Sexton, Jordan Smith, McElrath, A Mart. He...
Top 5 speed? Ya reckon?

Did you read my post? The last line is my prediction.

Post a reply to: Aussie wilson todd in for first 2 rounds

The Latest