Aussie Nats 125 gold cup. Anyone racing?

PJRAUS
3/26/2018 9:48pm
I just entered for the first round of the 125 gold cup at round 1 of the Nationals at Newry Victoria.
Anyone else gonna run some rounds of this series?
It's no wonder not many line up...entry says first 50 entries accepted, doubt they'll get 50...
Entry fee is $140 plus a $40 level for something or other..$180...Pretty steep for 2 X 15 min motos. Oh well !

I flagged at the Shepparton round last year and was watching this guy fang around on an old RM 125 and I thought I'd have a crack next year...
Really can't afford it cause I'm not working much and my 125 is beat...can't afford the do over for it till later in the year

Anyway if anyone is having trouble entering online, then ring WEM. The system is a bit buggy and a few people are experiencing problems like I did..just rang them and they sorted out my registration their end.

Time to go ride my mountain bike...can't afford to practice on any of my mx bikes at the moment..
|
make1go
3/26/2018 10:19pm
whats the date?
im moving back to oz, soon.

raced at newry a few times.
would love to check it out

even ride, if things go well and the wall of fck ups im living falls over..
PJRAUS
3/26/2018 10:55pm
make1go wrote:
whats the date? im moving back to oz, soon. raced at newry a few times. would love to check it out even ride, if things go...
whats the date?
im moving back to oz, soon.

raced at newry a few times.
would love to check it out

even ride, if things go well and the wall of fck ups im living falls over..
15th April is the first round
chump6784
3/26/2018 11:51pm
If they have one in south east qld I might break the missus bike out
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 1:35am
chump6784 wrote:
There's 2 round double header at Maitland NSW on 14 & 15 July that make for round 3 & 4 in the 125 class and the 4th round is at the final round of the Nationals at Coolum QLD on 11 & 12 july

The Shop

Jrewing
3/27/2018 1:52am
chump6784 wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
There's 2 round double header at Maitland NSW on 14 & 15 July that make for round 3 & 4 in the 125 class and the...
There's 2 round double header at Maitland NSW on 14 & 15 July that make for round 3 & 4 in the 125 class and the 4th round is at the final round of the Nationals at Coolum QLD on 11 & 12 july
Coolum July? If my cr125 is done in time I'll do Coolum. If it's July I'm in Italy
3/27/2018 2:04am
Who can afford that shit! Glad I raced when you didn't have to take a loan to enter the nationals
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 2:09am
Jrewing wrote:
Coolum July? If my cr125 is done in time I'll do Coolum. If it's July I'm in Italy
Sorry, my mistake, it's 11 /12 August at Coolum
chump6784
3/27/2018 2:27am
Just saw coolum has it. Told my wife and she just laughed at me
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 3:23am
Who can afford that shit! Glad I raced when you didn't have to take a loan to enter the nationals
Yeah I know! I'm doing the 4 vic tile rounds this year in c lite, c open and vets...$285.50 per round!
Actually,I think they might have reduced the entry fees from last yer slightly...
Still , I better find some sheep to go shear pretty soon or I won't be going anywhere!
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 3:43am
Actually the entry fees for 3 classes come to $163.50 the other $122 is levies, $25 medical levy for each class, $10 flag levy for each class, $5 gate fee and $12 rider levy.

Back before they combined juniors and seniors into one organisation under the MA ( motorcycling asphyxiated) jurisdiction, there was none of this shit..not in seniors anyway...
We had rider turnouts that would dwarf anything you'd see today, we had a St Johns ambulance rather than a team of people with their mule bikes and their radio head sets and the associated expense who just ring a paramedic anyway, same as St Johns did...any club that wanted to run an open meeting had to supply the necessary flag marshals...full stop!! None of this bullshit about making the riders do it , or hitting the riders to pay for outsourced flag marshals only to find that the club used volunteers anyway and pocketed the money...

Oh well, I used to make pretty good money but now I don't due to cutting back on how much I do..gonna have to get creative if I'm gonna get to all the rounds..

On Saturday,I might go down to practice at ride park. $45 to practice as much as I want all day long ...no waiting around...on a track that is way better than anything I will race on this year...
Last time I was there there must have constantly been more than 40 bikes on the main track at any given time...and not one flag marshal...amazingly the world didn't actually end!
Loch
3/27/2018 4:17am
Might be able help with accommodation at the Maitland one,only live an hour away from it
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 2:07pm
Loch wrote:
Might be able help with accommodation at the Maitland one,only live an hour away from it
Wow that's awesome and very kind! I don't know if camping is allowed at every round or not.
Hoping to have my ute sold very soon ,then I'm buying one of those big transits which I will deck out as a Moto hauler with a bed in it and everything .
Working on an idea to get myself back out and racing regularly at the best events rather than crappy region races in Victoria.
I raced all the thumper Nats and all the Nationals back in 2001 and loved it. Time to do that again! It won't be this year but next ...
Not sure if I'm going to be able to afford to do all 4 gold cup rounds this year, including the double header at Maitland, but I'm going to try to make it happen.
Was thinking I'd make the effort to get to Coolum for the last round and run the vets class as well, but the vets race has been switched to Manjimup this year....Hard to justify a 20 hour drive to do two 15 minute motos... But I guess if we all looked at it that way, none of us would ever race...
3/27/2018 3:59pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Actually the entry fees for 3 classes come to $163.50 the other $122 is levies, $25 medical levy for each class, $10 flag levy for each...
Actually the entry fees for 3 classes come to $163.50 the other $122 is levies, $25 medical levy for each class, $10 flag levy for each class, $5 gate fee and $12 rider levy.

Back before they combined juniors and seniors into one organisation under the MA ( motorcycling asphyxiated) jurisdiction, there was none of this shit..not in seniors anyway...
We had rider turnouts that would dwarf anything you'd see today, we had a St Johns ambulance rather than a team of people with their mule bikes and their radio head sets and the associated expense who just ring a paramedic anyway, same as St Johns did...any club that wanted to run an open meeting had to supply the necessary flag marshals...full stop!! None of this bullshit about making the riders do it , or hitting the riders to pay for outsourced flag marshals only to find that the club used volunteers anyway and pocketed the money...

Oh well, I used to make pretty good money but now I don't due to cutting back on how much I do..gonna have to get creative if I'm gonna get to all the rounds..

On Saturday,I might go down to practice at ride park. $45 to practice as much as I want all day long ...no waiting around...on a track that is way better than anything I will race on this year...
Last time I was there there must have constantly been more than 40 bikes on the main track at any given time...and not one flag marshal...amazingly the world didn't actually end!
And you have to ask where does all that money go. BMX has all the same dangers, same safety requirements for an open, prize money and trophies, and doesn't cost anywhere near that. $30 for my young fella. And with that you get 2 hours free practice Saturday, half hour on Sunday in your group, 3 motos then quarter finals, semis and a final if you good enough. $100 a year for licence and club membership too. Money is being syphoned off somewhere. Probably to hold up the road race set.
PJRAUS
3/27/2018 6:00pm
And you have to ask where does all that money go. BMX has all the same dangers, same safety requirements for an open, prize money and...
And you have to ask where does all that money go. BMX has all the same dangers, same safety requirements for an open, prize money and trophies, and doesn't cost anywhere near that. $30 for my young fella. And with that you get 2 hours free practice Saturday, half hour on Sunday in your group, 3 motos then quarter finals, semis and a final if you good enough. $100 a year for licence and club membership too. Money is being syphoned off somewhere. Probably to hold up the road race set.
Exactly.... And motocross has been supporting road racing in Australia forever...but the way it's been dying off in recent years...it's not gonna be able to support anything.
This years vic titles will be interesting. Last years rider turnout was woeful...I'm guessing it will be even worse this year but I'm hoping it will be better
make1go
3/27/2018 6:58pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Actually the entry fees for 3 classes come to $163.50 the other $122 is levies, $25 medical levy for each class, $10 flag levy for each...

yeah that shit scares me...i can ride nearly anywhere and at many tracks for free most of the time..each class is about $20, they have "rescue" on site at races but they are really just hi speed transport to a hospital that pays them to bring people..

8.5 yrs in SEA and reverse culture shock awaits...
skypig
3/27/2018 7:41pm
I’m in SE QLD, and practice is a big problem, for continued participation in MX.
Practice is like racing at Coolum (all clubs?) wait around all day, for “your” session.
There is a Pay practice track, but it’s an hour each way, and a pretty average track IMHO.

As far as MX propping up Road Racing in Australia. I couldn’t comment, except to say it just cost me $605 to enter one round of the National SS300 rounds.

Lucky there is nothing like racing, as it’s expensive and time consuming.

fanger
3/28/2018 1:10am
PJRAUS wrote:

I was going to race all the vics this year, checked the sup regs when they came out, seen the price and thought nah fuck that. It's a joke.

$200 to register to play footy for the year with my local club and 50 dollars for a pair of boots. Fuck racing, I'll put the time and effort into footy and go to ride park on the Sunday for a whopping 45 dollars, ride till I'm spent and go home with a smile on my face.
PJRAUS
3/28/2018 1:58am
fanger wrote:
I was going to race all the vics this year, checked the sup regs when they came out, seen the price and thought nah fuck that...
I was going to race all the vics this year, checked the sup regs when they came out, seen the price and thought nah fuck that. It's a joke.

$200 to register to play footy for the year with my local club and 50 dollars for a pair of boots. Fuck racing, I'll put the time and effort into footy and go to ride park on the Sunday for a whopping 45 dollars, ride till I'm spent and go home with a smile on my face.
I'm hearing ya mate....they gotta wake up! I might go to ride park Saturday....it's about a three and a half hor drive to get there but it's worth it....
I don't really expect to see many on the line at the vics...it's really sad...I totally don't blame guys like you for blowing off racing..
PJRAUS
3/28/2018 2:03am
skypig wrote:
I’m in SE QLD, and practice is a big problem, for continued participation in MX. Practice is like racing at Coolum (all clubs?) wait around all...
I’m in SE QLD, and practice is a big problem, for continued participation in MX.
Practice is like racing at Coolum (all clubs?) wait around all day, for “your” session.
There is a Pay practice track, but it’s an hour each way, and a pretty average track IMHO.

As far as MX propping up Road Racing in Australia. I couldn’t comment, except to say it just cost me $605 to enter one round of the National SS300 rounds.

Lucky there is nothing like racing, as it’s expensive and time consuming.

Yeah road racing is crazy expensive....
MA and its predecessor ACU funded road race infrastructure and other expenses out of the money they used to generate from motocross....back in the 80's there were thousands of mxers with licences and races every weeken...as far as participation goes ,it was the biggest form of motorcycle racing back then....
The controlling body never spent a cracker on mx development but poured heaps ( money the made off of us ) into road racing

Post a reply to: Aussie Nats 125 gold cup. Anyone racing?

The Latest