AusX News

thorns
11/12/2018 12:49am
I went a few years back and they had a Superbox option, was a few hundred from memory which gave early access, track walk, meet and greet a few riders (Cooper Webb, RV2 and Chad Reed), and then free booze and food for the night. well worth it. Not sure if they still do it or not now, but worth the coin if it is.
Lightning78
11/12/2018 12:49am
Crush wrote:
Biggest thing for me last night watching was watching the riders struggle with traction... except Jason Anderson. It was ridiculous how much better he was in...
Biggest thing for me last night watching was watching the riders struggle with traction... except Jason Anderson. It was ridiculous how much better he was in the corners... He was consistent everywhere else, and probably raced the back rhythm section well too, but he looked like he had wet dirt under his knobbies and everyone else had greasy ice.
Husky Traction Control bro
JSM 69
11/12/2018 1:23am
JSM 69 wrote:
Any news on why Ronnie mac didn't do anything? I was there, first night he did one start and pulled off, second day he was walking...
Any news on why Ronnie mac didn't do anything? I was there, first night he did one start and pulled off, second day he was walking around the pits with his bike but didn't ride at all in the night show, anyone know why, commentators at event had no idea
aaryn #234 wrote:
Maybe his real persona is injured at the moment.
Whitey wrote:
Or maybe his 15 minutes is almost finally up....
Nah guys I walked the pits a few times and the queue for Ronnie was HUGE, EVERYBODY was following him around all day, but was a no show for racing, weird.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
11/12/2018 2:07am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Maybe his real persona is injured at the moment.
Whitey wrote:
JSM 69 wrote:
Nah guys I walked the pits a few times and the queue for Ronnie was HUGE, EVERYBODY was following him around all day, but was a...
Nah guys I walked the pits a few times and the queue for Ronnie was HUGE, EVERYBODY was following him around all day, but was a no show for racing, weird.
I stand by my comment, injured.

The Shop

Payup_199
11/12/2018 6:25am
Whitey wrote:
JSM 69 wrote:
Nah guys I walked the pits a few times and the queue for Ronnie was HUGE, EVERYBODY was following him around all day, but was a...
aaryn #234 wrote:
Isn't his ankle messed up? That is what I read on why he didn't do the redbull straight rhythm a couple weeks ago.
Dougy1
11/12/2018 12:28pm
Was Chad thinking "What would Tom Cruise do" supposedly perception is everything at this stage of his career
I sense he is full of shit. He knew what he was doing .. He s raced Aus x for years
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
11/12/2018 4:17pm
Whitey wrote:
JSM 69 wrote:
aaryn #234 wrote:
Why do they bother bringing him out here then? I wonder how many extra tickets he actually sold. Then he comes out during introduction, talks some unfunny bullshit then no mention whatsoever for the rest of the night. I just hope they didn't spend to much on him because i don't think you'd call it value for money this year.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
11/12/2018 4:43pm
Ronnie Mac wasn't injured... His bike blew up. was having issues with it prior. got it to run for a few laps and then it shit its self.
Nothing to do with injuries.

The whole Ronnie Mac thing was funny 2 or 3 years ago. its old and just annoying know. I'd rather Have Bilko out doing what he does being just a typical aussie haha, I find him more entertaining on and off the track. And the best part is that its just him being him! Even as a commentator he was actually pretty good.

Best whip was another part that i didn't mind. To be honest, Boyd was super impressive and would love to see in X Games. He has some serious style about his whip and it wasn't just a typical turn down or look back.

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
11/12/2018 7:04pm
So whoever was there, can you tell us what you thought of Reed?

Is he fast again, or are these off season races his farewell?

Wilson beat him just coming back from dual Acl reconstructions
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
11/12/2018 7:17pm
Ramrod wrote:
So whoever was there, can you tell us what you thought of Reed? Is he fast again, or are these off season races his farewell? Wilson...

Hard to say. Track was about 30 sec lap times and consisted of 2 very easy rhythm lanes. (most of the slowest 250f guys were all doing the same rhythm as Anderson) and 1 straight of whoops. The rest was greasy slippery ice like hard pack dirt.

Barring Anderson, basically everyone was around the same pace i think, it was all start dependent. He didn't seem as quick through the whoops as Wilson and Anderson i don't think, pretty close speedwise to Brayton, but he was apparently sick all week and would've been riding for the championship.

So to answer your question, it was inconclusive hahaha
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
11/12/2018 7:34pm
Ramrod wrote:
So whoever was there, can you tell us what you thought of Reed? Is he fast again, or are these off season races his farewell? Wilson...

haydos25 wrote:
Hard to say. Track was about 30 sec lap times and consisted of 2 very easy rhythm lanes. (most of the slowest 250f guys were all...
Hard to say. Track was about 30 sec lap times and consisted of 2 very easy rhythm lanes. (most of the slowest 250f guys were all doing the same rhythm as Anderson) and 1 straight of whoops. The rest was greasy slippery ice like hard pack dirt.

Barring Anderson, basically everyone was around the same pace i think, it was all start dependent. He didn't seem as quick through the whoops as Wilson and Anderson i don't think, pretty close speedwise to Brayton, but he was apparently sick all week and would've been riding for the championship.

Gotcha, thanks!

CPR
11/13/2018 3:21am
Was Chad thinking "What would Tom Cruise do" supposedly perception is everything at this stage of his career
Dougy1 wrote:
I sense he is full of shit. He knew what he was doing .. He s raced Aus x for years
Yeah but haven't all the other years been a single final with a compulsory joker lane? This year was three motos and you could only use it once.
Dougy1
11/13/2018 3:40am
Ramrod wrote:

got told tnt from a respected aussie moto gut he thought he looked average.(thats being polite btw)
And if he can get a ride next year not much is going to change...

Dougy1
11/13/2018 3:44am
Dougy1 wrote:
CPR wrote:
Yeah but haven't all the other years been a single final with a compulsory joker lane? This year was three motos and you could only use...
Yeah but haven't all the other years been a single final with a compulsory joker lane? This year was three motos and you could only use it once.
Fair point I duno theirs definitely a pattern though with him getting penalties and acting like it didn't happen or he wasn't aware, the last few years
11/13/2018 9:54am
Ramrod wrote:

haydos25 wrote:
Hard to say. Track was about 30 sec lap times and consisted of 2 very easy rhythm lanes. (most of the slowest 250f guys were all...

Ramrod wrote:
Gotcha, thanks!

He should make some decent holeshot money
Ewan49
11/13/2018 2:00pm
Dougy1 wrote:
got told tnt from a respected aussie moto gut he thought he looked average.(thats being polite btw) And if he can get a ride next year...
got told tnt from a respected aussie moto gut he thought he looked average.(thats being polite btw)

You should go to your local preschool and start reading to the 3 year olds....you are one hell of a story teller!
Dougy1
11/13/2018 7:44pm
Dougy1 wrote:
got told tnt from a respected aussie moto gut he thought he looked average.(thats being polite btw) And if he can get a ride next year...

Ewan49 wrote:
You should go to your local preschool and start reading to the 3 year olds....you are one hell of a story teller!
Haha good one
Dave #125
11/13/2018 8:24pm
Ronnie was injured and bike was junk..
Seen it first hand..

JA21 DW15 DR122 all had there bikes set up mint and where hooking up ??
CR22 looked to have his bike too stiff and lacked speed in whoops and slick corner after, but with tweaks he had same speed as JA21 by the last race, maybe a tad faster thru whoops- but tiptoed thru corner after.. he was the friendliest most casual I've seen him in the pits- signed stuff/pics etc and Ellie and kids where cool as.. definately a fun weekend!! Yes- hes fit and fast- bring on 2019??
Dave #125
11/14/2018 11:44am
Who was it that got landed on, and any word on if they are ok? [embed][/embed]
Who was it that got landed on, and any word on if they are ok?
That wasnt this year..

Post a reply to: AusX News

The Latest