Aus-X gets a new home

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2019 6:26pm
Aus-X is moving to Marvel Stadium in Melbourne this year. Quite the change from the small arena it has been in

https://www.motoonline.com.au/2019/04/04/aus-x-open-moving-to-melbourne…

|
jemcee
4/3/2019 5:06pm
IMO that might kill it.. It was unique because it was a small track with the crowd right on top of the riders!
Look at 'Bercy'.. It used to be this amazing spectacle but it seems like just another overseas SX now!
I hope I'm wrong..
BS12
4/3/2019 5:24pm
jemcee wrote:
IMO that might kill it.. It was unique because it was a small track with the crowd right on top of the riders! Look at 'Bercy'...
IMO that might kill it.. It was unique because it was a small track with the crowd right on top of the riders!
Look at 'Bercy'.. It used to be this amazing spectacle but it seems like just another overseas SX now!
I hope I'm wrong..
Unless they didn't use alll of the floor space, and bought in trackside grandstands?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/3/2019 5:33pm
Well that sucks. It was great in Sydney due to the Iconic landmarks surrounding it.
Harbour bridge, Harbour cruise etc..
They just needed to use the showground in Sydney and make it similar to monster cup with the monster alley.

I believe this will be a dud year.. hope i'm wrong though.
Wonder what the riders will do prior to the event in Melbourne? There going to have to get creative with a crazy iconic track to make it a hit.

4/3/2019 5:44pm
And if it rains............, which it will because Melbourne has 10 seasons in one day.

The Shop

Dropbear
4/3/2019 5:46pm
And if it rains............, which it will because Melbourne has 10 seasons in one day.
It’s got a roof.
Dropbear
4/3/2019 5:48pm
Well that sucks. It was great in Sydney due to the Iconic landmarks surrounding it. Harbour bridge, Harbour cruise etc.. They just needed to use the...
Well that sucks. It was great in Sydney due to the Iconic landmarks surrounding it.
They just needed to use the showground in Sydney and make it similar to monster cup with the monster alley.

Wonder what the riders will do prior to the event in Melbourne? There going to have to get creative with a crazy iconic track to make it a hit.

You are joking, right?
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
4/3/2019 6:10pm
I might actually go now. Hopefully they utilise the extra ground space marvel provides. If they market it as a supercross it shouldn't be an AX track
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
4/3/2019 6:12pm
This might also open the door for other AFL, Rugby or Soccer stadiums to be used, and who knows what that could do for the Australian supercross series
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/3/2019 6:15pm
Well that sucks. It was great in Sydney due to the Iconic landmarks surrounding it. Harbour bridge, Harbour cruise etc.. They just needed to use the...

Dropbear wrote:
You are joking, right?
No that was a legit question.. haha ive only been down to vic for ride park and park 4. I never went into Melbourne though.
I know its known for its art and city, but what is there to do?
I'm going regardless and excited. But just a big change, didn't expect it Smile

Jrewing
4/3/2019 6:26pm

Dropbear wrote:
You are joking, right?
No that was a legit question.. haha ive only been down to vic for ride park and park 4. I never went into Melbourne though. I...
No that was a legit question.. haha ive only been down to vic for ride park and park 4. I never went into Melbourne though.
I know its known for its art and city, but what is there to do?
I'm going regardless and excited. But just a big change, didn't expect it Smile

Drugs...loads of drugs
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
4/3/2019 6:50pm
Terrible idea. It was much better when they held it 15 minutes from my house Cool

I hope they sell it out, those big stadiums cost a lot and look awfully silly with nobody sitting in them. Just ask the Super X guys how that worked out. Bigger isn't always better in the Australian market. Two things you could guarantee in the small arenas is there wasn't a bad seat in the house as you sat on top of the track, and the tracks were basic and tight so the racing was good. Spokes promotions killed it for decades, i hope they're not going to big too soon.

But then again they get 50,000 people to the opening of an envelope in Melbourne so if its going to work anywhere its down there.
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
4/3/2019 8:08pm
They can close the roof if the weather isn’t going to be good, they needed to move it too a bigger venue for the track wasn’t many more layout they could do to make it different at the other venue

Post a reply to: Aus-X gets a new home

The Latest