Aus Pro MX Round 2 Gum Valley

wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2022 6:32am
Did anyone attend Round 2 of the Aus Pro MX at Gum Valley or watched it?
What are your thoughts on the track?
Being a local track I was stoked it come back to that location, one of the most scenic tracks around, has a mixture of hard pack, loam, sand section, fast it has that real European feel to it!

For those who are interested here is a link to watch it, plus a couple other random links.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2014668355565/full-replay-promx-c…

https://www.mcnews.com.au/2022-penrite-promx-championship-round-two-mac…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcOs44dpk_a/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

|
jemcee
4/12/2022 5:47pm
That track is sick! Looks amazing.. Todd Waters must love riding a motorbike way more than I do haha
Sucks for Clout.. But good to see Ferris get one back!
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
4/12/2022 6:07pm
Oh how we wasn't fatigued after 2 days of offroad has me bummed!!

Clouty hit the ground that hard the back of his helmet shattered, he was at the top of the upramp and his bike was towards the downramp, I feel for him for sure.

Brock Flynn had a big get off in the site lap too.

Crisp
4/12/2022 7:54pm
It was good racing too. Definitely worth a watch.
CPR
4/13/2022 12:11am
Still haven’t watched it all, but love that track 👍

The Shop

bens152
4/13/2022 12:22am
Is there any talk of MXGP going to Aus?

Aus - Nz rounds would be so cool. Get some local boys to mix it up in there. I think they would be impressed with the talent this side of the world.
fanger
4/13/2022 1:29am
Broadcast was noticeably better as well, bummer for clout.

Don't know where the next round is, but I can garauntee the track will be awful. Baffles me some of the tracks the nationals go to.
SydAus
4/13/2022 2:49am
fanger wrote:
Broadcast was noticeably better as well, bummer for clout. Don't know where the next round is, but I can garauntee the track will be awful. Baffles...
Broadcast was noticeably better as well, bummer for clout.

Don't know where the next round is, but I can garauntee the track will be awful. Baffles me some of the tracks the nationals go to.
There’s been 2 awesome tracks so far and some great ones coming up. Yes there are some that are questionable but the racing is the same for everyone. How good was Webster though.
PJRAUS
4/13/2022 2:55am
Gum Valley looks awesome to me...a real mx track...world class...next round is at Albury....what a joke...I used to be a member of that club...last time I went there to ride a practice day...I didn't unload my bikes...didn't even get out of my van...just turned around and left.
At its best its ok...but never suitable as a national track...no spectator acess really... a very small venue....they have to use the infield of the speeddway flat track as a pit area..and they have no watering system...a few weeks ago they had a northern region round there...it was a dust bowl...
Im hoping that the weather favours them and it all goes well...we cant afford fucked up rounds in our national series...but I would not be at all surprised if its a shit show..
That gum valley round was a banger! Cancel albury and do another round there!
Juck
Fantasy
309th
4/13/2022 6:32am
The broadcast was much better, camera operators were much better with what they showed and that improved the commentary too. Still not amazing or anything but much better than last week. The broadcast was a bit spotty and the video was at a super low fps but that picked up midway through it.

I was excited when they announced this track as a stop, the track is much better than most of the tracks on the circuit. I really wish they'd do another round at Coonabarabran, that track is amazing.

Bummer for Clout, he was by far the best guy last year but the championship will probably be more interesting now, either that or Webster runs away with it. Was a bummer with Dobson going down at the start of the first MX2 moto, it's gonna be a tall order for anyone to challenge Todd this year.

Post a reply to: Aus Pro MX Round 2 Gum Valley

The Latest