Attending Atlanta Supercross, what to expect?

1/20/2018 2:37pm
I'm from the UK and will be in Atlanta with work the day before the race. I've been trying to coordinate a trip to the US with a round for 2 years and not managed yet so this could be my chance to delay my return trip a day and get there.

I usually watch the series on YouTube, or a torrent, every winter while on my turbo trainer! So excited to possibly be there in person.

Oh, funny aside. Met Jeff Emig at my local track a couple of years ago. He was familiar but I totally didn't click, never though it would be him at a UK track on a random Wed night! We had a cool chat and then I went off to putter round the track before I clicked who he was!

I can't find much about the event, perhaps I'm useless at looking but was after some help from anyone who has been before.

Can someone help with how the day flows.
I found an event timetable for A1 online, presumably this will be similar. 6:30-10pm?

What do I get for my ticket, best place to sit (middle of one side, back of the front block, about $70).
When time do the gates open and close? Pit access?

Any tips and experience you want to share would be appreciated!

|
okbyenow
1/20/2018 3:42pm
It's a brand new stadium so no one has seen Supercross in it yet! As for the pits..you can buy a pass or bring a Monster Energy can (buy from gas station or grocery store) to get in free. The pits are usually open by noon and close by 6. We usually hit the pits and then head into the stadium to watch qualifying. It's a little bit of a wait between qualifying and the night show..but we usually just eat dinner in the stadium. The pits are indoor at the World Congress Convention Center next to the Stadium..so you can walk back and forth all afternoon.
hillbilly
1/20/2018 3:47pm
Don't speed for one thing

And it is going to be a triple crown round which means a spectator screwing .going from ten races to six and the lcqs are right after qualifying by what race day is letting on.

62 minutes or racing .right?
1/20/2018 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 3:52pm
Thanks okbyenow!
Near the aquarium, I think?
Good to know I could have something to do from noon.
Is qualifying on the same ticket as main event?

The Shop

okbyenow
1/20/2018 3:58pm
Yes. Same ticket. They will stamp your hand when you leave so you can come back thru the gates.

Post a reply to: Attending Atlanta Supercross, what to expect?

The Latest