Attendance not looking good for A2.

40Plus_922mx
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2015 3:08pm
So I just checked a few scalper sites and there are TONS of tickets left. Gonna be many empty seats. So I just bought two of the cheapest tickets I could find on TM and I am gonna get to go. Probably be able to seat hop to great seats.
Go 41!
Go 22!
|
Stephon
1/16/2015 4:42pm
I live close and usually attend at least one, if not two of the Anaheim events. The price increase turned me off so I'll watch it on TV. I guess it's the risk the promoters take. It used to be a no brainer that I'd attend. Now I ask myself if I want to spend the cash. Before they didn't really have to earn my business, now they do.

Went to the Vegas finals in 2013. Cheapest ticket there is $70 with fees. Maybe, I'll go probably not.
wildbill
1/16/2015 4:59pm
spodeboy, you fuckin rule. Have a blast!
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/16/2015 5:03pm
It's easy now with Seattle off the schedule, but even prior to that it's awfully hard to justify the price. Especially given the screaming idiot asking if we're ready for SUPERCROSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!, the parking, etc. I can tivo it, start watching an hour after it starts, skip the commercials & RC talking, and be done on time and have better coverage of the racing.

vet323
1/16/2015 5:10pm
ACBraap wrote:
It's easy now with Seattle off the schedule, but even prior to that it's awfully hard to justify the price. Especially given the screaming idiot asking...
It's easy now with Seattle off the schedule, but even prior to that it's awfully hard to justify the price. Especially given the screaming idiot asking if we're ready for SUPERCROSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!, the parking, etc. I can tivo it, start watching an hour after it starts, skip the commercials & RC talking, and be done on time and have better coverage of the racing.

This.

The beer is cheaper at my place, too.

The Shop

Drtbykr
1/16/2015 5:10pm
Parking one of most exciting riders ever doesn't help.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/16/2015 5:32pm
Drtbykr wrote:
Parking one of most exciting riders ever doesn't help.
That too. Not that JS was one of my favorites, but I'm not a fan of how it was handled. In general, as much as I love moto, I'm also reluctant to support Feld's attempt to turn it into monster truck racing (brought to you by Brawndo! it's what plants crave).
Toste
Fantasy
794th
1/16/2015 6:22pm
Live TV is going to hurt live attendance in the short run, but the NFL has proven that making TV a priority pays off big in the end.
wwoberg
1/16/2015 6:32pm
Just bought my tickets for ATL 1 and 2. Debated on it, but figured I would support. Its about our sport.

Now, since we got a national, I'll never miss it. Screw TV for the outdoors.......no justice.
ChrisB10
1/16/2015 6:46pm
There's tickets for $35 online for A2. That's well worth a night of SX IMO. I could go to all 3 Anaheims for less than what my friends pay for NY Giants tickets.
h&m_cycle
1/16/2015 6:55pm
Yeah, Cali has plenty of stadiums, 3 rounds each, save the teams tons... been there done that, it's on tvCool
40Plus_922mx
1/16/2015 9:42pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
There's tickets for $35 online for A2. That's well worth a night of SX IMO. I could go to all 3 Anaheims for less than what...
There's tickets for $35 online for A2. That's well worth a night of SX IMO. I could go to all 3 Anaheims for less than what my friends pay for NY Giants tickets.
Where do you see those?
enketchum
1/16/2015 11:32pm
The tickets on those scalp sites were already paid for by those scalp sites. Feld gets their money either way.

A2 is always low turnout. The field is rented and covered in dirt for almost 6 weeks. It's like getting ticket sales with a lot of the work already done at the stadium. They also have monsterjam on the weekends in between. They have a good deal going by keeping 3 Anaheim rounds. A3 is always better attended than A2, as well
tomm55x
1/17/2015 4:10am
I'm in erie pa and since they took out Toronto that pretty much screwed me getting to supercross this year, indy is 9 hrs away, Detroit is 5 hrs, and nyc is 8 hrs and as Hank Williams Jr once said " you can send me to Hell or New York City, it would be about the same to me" lol I really hope they bring Toronto back, the stadium was always a packed house and the racing was usually pretty dang good.
RY4N37
1/17/2015 4:25am
There was a few empty seats at A1 too. Not a massive amount, but more than i expected. You could say maybe the absence of Stewart has something to do with it? I don't think having every round live on TV helps, it's great for the people that can't go, but the attendance is always better when it's the only way to see the race live. Was the same for the GP's
JeepnMike
1/17/2015 7:21am
ACBraap wrote:
It's easy now with Seattle off the schedule, but even prior to that it's awfully hard to justify the price. Especially given the screaming idiot asking...

For what it's worth, when SX does come back to Seattle, you should consider taking the light rail. Parking is free at the rail stations, the train ride is about $4 round trip depending on where you come from, you don't have to deal with traffic, and it picks you right up outside the stadium.

Only downside, you get the 'light rail crowd' which would be interesting in the late evenings like that.
Dezerted
1/17/2015 7:29am
The tracks have become tight and less technical which has made the racing less exciting. Supercross has lost its luster. Not having James doesn't help either.
1/17/2015 7:35am
chris b10, myneibor just bought 4 tickets for the nj sx in sec 226 $88, plus shipping, pretty dam affordable if u ask me
ChrisB10
1/17/2015 7:39am
ChrisB10 wrote:
There's tickets for $35 online for A2. That's well worth a night of SX IMO. I could go to all 3 Anaheims for less than what...
Where do you see those?
Ticket liquidator. 3rd one down on google search
jmx411
1/17/2015 7:44am
Last two rounds ticket sells were good. Ticket prices for supercross are a lot cheaper than other sports and this Tomac Roczen rivalry will be better than anything RV brought to the table with his boring self.
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
1/17/2015 8:09am
I am on a streak of having have been to every Anaheim round since 2008. I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys the live atmosphere of events way more than TV. TV just doesn't do it justice and I have had many great memories with my friends going all these years. See you all there today!
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/17/2015 8:35am
JJO741 wrote:
I am on a streak of having have been to every Anaheim round since 2008. I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys the live...
I am on a streak of having have been to every Anaheim round since 2008. I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys the live atmosphere of events way more than TV. TV just doesn't do it justice and I have had many great memories with my friends going all these years. See you all there today!
Agreed, been to every A1 since 2000, and every Anaheim round since 08 as well.
jmx411
1/17/2015 8:36am
JJO741 wrote:
I am on a streak of having have been to every Anaheim round since 2008. I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys the live...
People that say they would rather watch it on tv aren't the type of people you want to spend much time around. They are the type of people that complain about everything, but do nothing about it.
Old-Man
1/17/2015 8:42am
JJO741 wrote:
Hell ya JJ!

Funny how most of you guys try and justify not going...you said you would never get old now your bitchin about this and that.
Listen to yourself.

Fuckin A I'm going to a SX event.
Vegas Baby!
RY4N37
1/17/2015 8:52am
There's no excuse for choosing to watch a SX/national/GP whatever it maybe on TV when you have an opportunity to go and watch it in person. Especially an SX or a National, the tickets aren't that expensive. If your a fan of the sport you should be at the track supporting it. Sadly some people don't have that view
Thelen20
1/17/2015 8:59am
Been to dallas every year since 01, and yes I have my tickets already for Feb 15th! Ya tickets are high . . . but so is everything else.

Stew not being there doesn't make one iota of difference to me

I guess I am just a true fan, congrats Spode on your score! Have a blast

To all you other parade rainer's, start your own negativity thread, this is a positive attitude one.
JM485
1/17/2015 9:03am
RY4N37 wrote:
There's no excuse for choosing to watch a SX/national/GP whatever it maybe on TV when you have an opportunity to go and watch it in person...
There's no excuse for choosing to watch a SX/national/GP whatever it maybe on TV when you have an opportunity to go and watch it in person. Especially an SX or a National, the tickets aren't that expensive. If your a fan of the sport you should be at the track supporting it. Sadly some people don't have that view
No kidding, I swear some people act like its a burden on them to have to go to a stadium and be entertained by the best riders in the world! I mean seriously, you can't be bothered to "deal with parking" because it's easier to "watch it live from home"? There is no fricken way anyone who is actually a fan of this sport can compare sitting at home in their living room to actually being at the races, tailgating with friends, and seeing the action right in front of you! If you can't see the fun in that then you seriously need some perspective in life. Unbelievable what people will complain about, rant over.
superorbital
1/17/2015 9:06am
JJO741 wrote:
Yep, there ain't nothing like seeing it live! Same with a great band. You can listen to their albums, but there is nothing like the sound coming through the PA at full volume.
RY4N37
1/17/2015 9:22am
JM485 wrote:
No kidding, I swear some people act like its a burden on them to have to go to a stadium and be entertained by the best...
No kidding, I swear some people act like its a burden on them to have to go to a stadium and be entertained by the best riders in the world! I mean seriously, you can't be bothered to "deal with parking" because it's easier to "watch it live from home"? There is no fricken way anyone who is actually a fan of this sport can compare sitting at home in their living room to actually being at the races, tailgating with friends, and seeing the action right in front of you! If you can't see the fun in that then you seriously need some perspective in life. Unbelievable what people will complain about, rant over.
I know, it's ridiculous. I went to A1 this year, it was my first AMA SX ever, and i couldn't believe how easy it was. You park literally right outside the stadium, something that is virtually impossible in most places in Europe, and if you already have your tickets you can just walk straight in. It's no real hassle to get in the pits, and you can sit pretty much anywhere you want to watch practice. It's no hassle whatsoever, and anyone who lives within a commutable distance and says it's too much hassle to go, well i would very strongly question how much of a fan they actually are
Seamorbutts
1/17/2015 9:52am
Well, at least I have a good excuse being that I'm unable to walk anymore. I wish I could go.
Sully22
1/17/2015 10:02am
There definitely something to being there live, but it's like Econ 101, at what price point does it start driving people away. I always spent $35-40 for a pit pass, my buddies wrenched for different teams, and I loved going to the races being around everyone and the whole atmosphere. I couldn't imagine spending $35 or more for a regular ticket with assigned seats.

Post a reply to: Attendance not looking good for A2.

The Latest