Atlanta vs Daytona - Tomac

kpiper
So at ATL1 Eli looked and acted like he would be great there just like at Daytona but then...not. He never even challenged for a win in the last two rounds.

What was the difference between Atlanta and Daytona? Was it not as rough as Daytona gets? Was the track much different at ATL rounds 2 and 3 compared to round 1?

Just curious as to why Eli didn't dominate in ATL like he thought he would.
|
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/22/2021 6:39pm
Turned out other riders where just faster then him...?

And he didn't say he would dominate, he was actually open about this after ATL 1 interview that the guys are fast this year like no other.
tobz
4/22/2021 6:47pm
I think it was pretty clear by all accounts that the only similarities between the two tracks was that they were at speedway venues. The tracks themselves didn't look or feel the same.
kpiper
4/22/2021 7:54pm
Turned out other riders where just faster then him...? And he didn't say he would dominate, he was actually open about this after ATL 1 interview...
Turned out other riders where just faster then him...?

And he didn't say he would dominate, he was actually open about this after ATL 1 interview that the guys are fast this year like no other.
Maybe it was being in first at the second turn that made a huge difference at Daytona. He probably has more confidence at Daytona.

I was just wondering opinions on how different the tracks were.
kpiper
4/22/2021 7:55pm
tobz wrote:
I think it was pretty clear by all accounts that the only similarities between the two tracks was that they were at speedway venues. The tracks...
I think it was pretty clear by all accounts that the only similarities between the two tracks was that they were at speedway venues. The tracks themselves didn't look or feel the same.
True.

The Shop

kb228
4/22/2021 8:18pm
Honestly i think eli is mailing it in for retirement. Dude hasnt been the same since winning the sx title.
kpiper
4/22/2021 8:28pm
kb228 wrote:
Honestly i think eli is mailing it in for retirement. Dude hasnt been the same since winning the sx title.
SX hangover for sure. They all have it lately. Yes, I remember Webb crashed last year but still...
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
4/22/2021 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2021 9:52pm
kb228 wrote:
I agree. Fired up Eli could beat everyone on the gate like he has plenty of times. Supercross hangover. He’s achieved all his goals. Takes a rare competitor to keep that inner fire burning at a high enough intensity to repeat titles and championships when you’ve already reached fame and fortune with nothing to prove. He had a record on the line at Daytona and personal pride. He owns Daytona and it’s easy for him to win there just has to wick it up to his old self. Shit mentally he has the pack covered at Daytona before the gate even drops. They know he’s the boss at that place.
4/22/2021 11:26pm
He had a record on the line at Daytona so he went for it. He's already won a SX title, isn't in contention for this one, has a kid now which makes you reevaluate risk etc. He's shown this season that when he gets a sniff and feels like he can get it done he can smoke most of the pack, I just feel he's lacking the motivation to ride balls to the wall every race. There are a dozen hungry wolves coming through the ranks who are willing to lay their body on the line for a podium, I don't think Eli's willing to match that right now. Maybe he's cruising toward retirement, maybe he'll come alive for outdoors, who knows...
IWreckALot
4/23/2021 11:08am
tobz wrote:
I think it was pretty clear by all accounts that the only similarities between the two tracks was that they were at speedway venues. The tracks...
They built one set of whoops with a dozer and one set of whoops with a loader at Atlanta. In daytona they use an excavator to build them all. Dumbies.

Post a reply to: Atlanta vs Daytona - Tomac

The Latest