Atlanta sx question

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 9:05am
Has anyone sat around row 207? Also do they still do the free pits with a monster can?
|
Giygas
Fantasy
1165th
2/11/2019 4:46pm
They should still do the Monster can pit pass, but I suggest just spending the extra money (I think $10) for a pit pass so you can skip the Monster can line. The two races I went to last year had a Monster can line that took some people an hour to get through.
logan_140
2/11/2019 5:26pm
Giygas wrote:
They should still do the Monster can pit pass, but I suggest just spending the extra money (I think $10) for a pit pass so you...
They should still do the Monster can pit pass, but I suggest just spending the extra money (I think $10) for a pit pass so you can skip the Monster can line. The two races I went to last year had a Monster can line that took some people an hour to get through.
Oh ok gotcha! Last race I was at was Tampa and the line wasn’t bad. But I will probably just pay it to skip the hassle.
hamncheeze
2/11/2019 5:28pm
I was at A2 and you can still get pit access with a Monster can. If you are a hardcore fan and are there for the whole day, just make sure you get your pit pass stamp when you arrive at the stadium....not busy at all.
2/11/2019 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2019 6:17pm
ATL pits are always slam packed; a total sea of elbows and assholes (figure of speech).. When I last went two years ago, even though I showed up early, the line to get into the pits literally went for as far as the eye could see; like depressingly long... like security check point at the airport on Christmas during a government shut down long

I felt like a moron for actually spending the $$ on pit tickets instead of going the free Monster can route (it was my fiance's first SX, wanted to make 100% certain we had pit access)..... then I heard someone say "IF YOU HAVE ACTUAL TICKETS, HEAD TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE"

ATL has always been a hike from the pits to the track - but now it's even worse since the new stadium is even further from where they have the pits. My advice is to get to the dome for the first qualifying session, as soon as A qualifiers are done haul ass to the pits (15-20min power walk at least), do a lap or two in the sea of elbows and assholes then it's time to haul ass back to the dome for second round of qualifiers.

The Shop

moto314
2/11/2019 6:36pm
ATL pits are always slam packed; a total sea of elbows and assholes (figure of speech).. When I last went two years ago, even though I...
ATL pits are always slam packed; a total sea of elbows and assholes (figure of speech).. When I last went two years ago, even though I showed up early, the line to get into the pits literally went for as far as the eye could see; like depressingly long... like security check point at the airport on Christmas during a government shut down long

I felt like a moron for actually spending the $$ on pit tickets instead of going the free Monster can route (it was my fiance's first SX, wanted to make 100% certain we had pit access)..... then I heard someone say "IF YOU HAVE ACTUAL TICKETS, HEAD TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE"

ATL has always been a hike from the pits to the track - but now it's even worse since the new stadium is even further from where they have the pits. My advice is to get to the dome for the first qualifying session, as soon as A qualifiers are done haul ass to the pits (15-20min power walk at least), do a lap or two in the sea of elbows and assholes then it's time to haul ass back to the dome for second round of qualifiers.
Where are the pits at Atlanta?
2/11/2019 6:43pm
moto314 wrote:
Georgia World Congress center; which is f'ing massive. Note that the new dome is a bit further away than the old one was... gotta be a haul from point A to point B.... I'm sure someone who went last year can confirm how long the walk takes

level
2/11/2019 8:03pm
The pits are absolutely packed in Atlanta. I agree. I don’t even go anymore because it’s just too crowded and it’s not an understatement. The whole place you are elbow to elbow and can barely move. It’s pretty bad. I’m sure there are times when it’s not so crowded but it’s always been when I went.
logan_140
2/11/2019 8:37pm
level wrote:
The pits are absolutely packed in Atlanta. I agree. I don’t even go anymore because it’s just too crowded and it’s not an understatement. The whole...
The pits are absolutely packed in Atlanta. I agree. I don’t even go anymore because it’s just too crowded and it’s not an understatement. The whole place you are elbow to elbow and can barely move. It’s pretty bad. I’m sure there are times when it’s not so crowded but it’s always been when I went.
I haven’t been to the new stadium so I’m stoked. Last time I was in Atlanta was probably like 6 years ago.
JoJmoto
2/12/2019 3:02am
Have not been to the new Stadium so not sure about seating. GWCC C is normally where the pits are and the new Stadium is only like one more block away. It;s really not that far, maybe another 150 yards or so. Unless its raining no big deal.

As for pit passes, don't forget to check out Subway, they have been giving away passes for years with the purchase of a meal. Hopefully they will continue to do so. Matter of fact, I may go there today to see if they are continuing this.
slowgti
2/12/2019 3:27am
The new stadium is much better for viewing. The food and drinks are reasonable too
moto314
2/12/2019 4:47am
moto314 wrote:
Georgia World Congress center; which is f'ing massive. Note that the new dome is a bit further away than the old one was... gotta be a...
Georgia World Congress center; which is f'ing massive. Note that the new dome is a bit further away than the old one was... gotta be a haul from point A to point B.... I'm sure someone who went last year can confirm how long the walk takes

Great, thanks for the map! Any going to the DMXS party or want to get some beers Friday night?
steveada
2/12/2019 5:51am
I think they are calling the pit party the "fanfest" this year. For Atlanta they say "FanFest will be held outside in the Home Depot Backyard...Come Join the Fun!". This is right outside the stadium. I do not know if that means the pits will not be open, or that they will be pitting outdoors this year.
2/12/2019 6:35am
steveada wrote:
I think they are calling the pit party the "fanfest" this year. For Atlanta they say "FanFest will be held outside in the Home Depot Backyard...Come...
I think they are calling the pit party the "fanfest" this year. For Atlanta they say "FanFest will be held outside in the Home Depot Backyard...Come Join the Fun!". This is right outside the stadium. I do not know if that means the pits will not be open, or that they will be pitting outdoors this year.
I remember reading something about this as well. Not sure if that means no pits at the GWCC or not. The Home Depot backyard is outdoors, but much closer to the new stadium. Hoping someone here can verify.
rallendude
2/12/2019 7:34am
I disagree about the new dome being better. Yes, the bad seats are better in this dome than in the other one but the floor is a good bit smaller which makes for a smaller track. The seats on the mezzanine level in the GA dome were all padded. The ones in the new dome aren't. The gold section seats between the 40s might be but those tickets are outrageously priced. I miss the days when I could call up and order tickets in October and get whatever seats I wanted and they were all the same price. Oh, and a pit pass came with my tickets.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3272nd
2/12/2019 8:50am
steveada wrote:
I think they are calling the pit party the "fanfest" this year. For Atlanta they say "FanFest will be held outside in the Home Depot Backyard...Come...
I remember reading something about this as well. Not sure if that means no pits at the GWCC or not. The Home Depot backyard is outdoors...
I remember reading something about this as well. Not sure if that means no pits at the GWCC or not. The Home Depot backyard is outdoors, but much closer to the new stadium. Hoping someone here can verify.
I’ve saw them saying the same thing, but haven’t heard about any information regarding the entire pit set up being outside or what. ATL is too big of a race to have have put access, so I’m going to assume, and hope, that it’s just all outside.
rider892
2/12/2019 9:31am
steveada wrote:
I remember reading something about this as well. Not sure if that means no pits at the GWCC or not. The Home Depot backyard is outdoors...
Yes the pits will be outside this year unfortunately, hopefully the rain stays away
level
2/12/2019 12:26pm
I am curious how it will be with the new stadium and pits. Haven’t decided if will go yet. If I do decide to go o just go get tickets the same day. Just walk up and get them. No way they will sell out so you can get them easy same day and usually good seats also.
TT Special
2/25/2019 7:53am
The map here is nice. does anyone know if the pits will for sure be outside and if so where?
rmz271
2/25/2019 9:05am
TT Special wrote:
The map here is nice. does anyone know if the pits will for sure be outside and if so where?
yes, the pits will be outside in the home depot backyard (right next to the Mercedes stadium). Basically where the old GA dome use to be. It has been demolished and now there is plenty of outside space to host the pits.

Post a reply to: Atlanta sx question

The Latest