Atlanta police?

Wells423
Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 6:53pm
I found it weird that the Atlanta pd were jacking with the pro riders at a supercross event, but don’t give a damn about the numerous groups of guys that illegally ride the streets every day. Seems back asswards that they would harass athletes bringing money into their community while turning a blind eye to the guys wrecking it. Apparently Brayton and 722 both had issues as well as Weston getting into some hot water for riding all the way to the pits after his practice get off. I have no dog in the fight being from TX, but honestly with all the crap the Atlanta sx round brings I’d like to see it shit canned in favor of another Midwest round.
Flame on
|
lumpy790
3/7/2018 6:51am
Where did you hear this? There was a secure fenced in area like they do at lots of the supercrosses all the way from the pits to the stadium. I was supprised to see the riders had to go through metal detectors to get in. I wonder how the bikes were searched Laughing

Wells423
3/7/2018 6:52am
lumpy790 wrote:
Where did you hear this? There was a secure fenced in area like they do at lots of the supercrosses all the way from the pits...
Where did you hear this? There was a secure fenced in area like they do at lots of the supercrosses all the way from the pits to the stadium. I was supprised to see the riders had to go through metal detectors to get in. I wonder how the bikes were searched Laughing

Few guys talked about it on pulp on Monday
billyp330
3/7/2018 6:53am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 6:54am
lumpy790 wrote:
Where did you hear this? There was a secure fenced in area like they do at lots of the supercrosses all the way from the pits...

Pretty sure he's referring to what was said on Monday's pulp mx show.

Edit: Wells423 beat me to it^^^^^^^^
lumpy790
3/7/2018 7:01am
I have never had time to listen to Pulp.

I remember at NJ SX it was a pain for the mechanics to get through the metal detector. Its crazy how different SX’s security is. Some are strict and some have none.

The Shop

Donovan759
3/7/2018 7:03am
I don't disagree. But I don't see them canning SX at Atlanta.
kkawboy14
3/7/2018 7:04am
Is it a problem that riders are smuggling in AR15s, Liquor or brass knuckles?
life_of_jaze
3/7/2018 7:24am
Wells423 wrote:
I found it weird that the Atlanta pd were jacking with the pro riders at a supercross event, but don’t give a damn about the numerous...
I found it weird that the Atlanta pd were jacking with the pro riders at a supercross event, but don’t give a damn about the numerous groups of guys that illegally ride the streets every day. Seems back asswards that they would harass athletes bringing money into their community while turning a blind eye to the guys wrecking it. Apparently Brayton and 722 both had issues as well as Weston getting into some hot water for riding all the way to the pits after his practice get off. I have no dog in the fight being from TX, but honestly with all the crap the Atlanta sx round brings I’d like to see it shit canned in favor of another Midwest round.
Flame on
They were all told that was how it was going to be at the riders meeting.

There was a certain section you had to have the bike off and push it.

Was it stupid... IMO Yes, but that was the rule of the day.
Racer111
3/7/2018 7:30am
The metal dectors were there because a few “Professional Supercrosser’s” tried to bring KTM’s in the building.

The nerve of some people. TongueCoolWhistling
Rdubs19
3/7/2018 8:33am
Wells423 wrote:
I found it weird that the Atlanta pd were jacking with the pro riders at a supercross event, but don’t give a damn about the numerous...
Flame on
Nashville please and thank you.
Wells423
3/7/2018 9:08am
That is stadium security, not Atlanta PD
They said it was actually the police when they were outside the stadium.
billyp330
3/8/2018 6:06am
lumpy790 wrote:
I have never had time to listen to Pulp. I remember at NJ SX it was a pain for the mechanics to get through the metal...
I have never had time to listen to Pulp.

I remember at NJ SX it was a pain for the mechanics to get through the metal detector. Its crazy how different SX’s security is. Some are strict and some have none.
Guess you never drive anywhere or bike or walk??? Must be afraid to leave the comfort of your pc monitor that doesn't have speakers.... lol just busting your balls
3/8/2018 6:22am
Wells423 wrote:
When officers work security at events like these they are paid by the stadium or promoter and are told how they want security ran. Events will often hire off duty LE for extra security and the officers provide security as directed. It has nothing to do with the actual police dept of that city. Even if they are wearing their duty uniform.

I have worked Colts games before and it's similar. They tell me where and how they want it done. I provide security and am compensated by the organizer. Inside or outside the stadium. Local PD does not pay to provide private event security.
newmann
3/8/2018 6:27am
Refugees welcome, all others pass through metal detectors please...Laughing
mxb2
3/8/2018 6:31am
Wells423 wrote:
When officers work security at events like these they are paid by the stadium or promoter and are told how they want security ran. Events will...
When officers work security at events like these they are paid by the stadium or promoter and are told how they want security ran. Events will often hire off duty LE for extra security and the officers provide security as directed. It has nothing to do with the actual police dept of that city. Even if they are wearing their duty uniform.

I have worked Colts games before and it's similar. They tell me where and how they want it done. I provide security and am compensated by the organizer. Inside or outside the stadium. Local PD does not pay to provide private event security.
Our dept is different, not all stadiums are the same for events and stadiums. At the end of the day officers in uniform are obligated to enforce a crime if it occurs in front of them.
3/8/2018 6:46am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Is it a problem that riders are smuggling in AR15s, Liquor or brass knuckles?
That's the mark Tyler Evans left on the sport
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/8/2018 5:37pm
I covered this in Pit Bits, with a shot of Bowers getting wanded. I got wanded multiple times. Dallas does bag checks. Everyone gets a pretty thorough search on the way into Anaheim.

As stadiums get modernized, security goes up. You're in a city where there was a (homegrown) terrorist bombing during the Olympics there. You're also right on the heels of a school shooting.

Compared to Paris last fall, this was mild. I think I went through three layers of security getting into the stadium there.

While inconvenient, I'm not sure why there's the outrage here.
wreckitrandy
3/8/2018 6:37pm
Don't mess with that Atlanta security. A guy I know got shot in the parking lot a few years ago.
Motoxdoc
3/8/2018 6:53pm
After Weston hit the eject button off a triple....I can only imagine how eager he was to push his bike ANY distance. While I can't understand any fan's outrage....I CAN certainly understand why the racers would be a little perturbed....as well as any locals who've had their bikes stolen.

Post a reply to: Atlanta police?

The Latest