Atlanta SX 2018

hyler199
Edited Date/Time 11/1/2017 5:09pm
Thinking of making the trip with a few friends.

Good tips for hotels or other services?

Restaurants?

Any other moto related things close?

Best strip club with lemon pepper wings?!?!? lolol
|
lumpy790
10/5/2017 5:30am
2018 will be the 1st race at the new stadium and there are tons of hotels in the area.
jtiger12
10/5/2017 8:33am
I've been going to Atlanta from Maryland for the last 15 years or so. We started out driving (12 hours), and now we just buy plane tickets and stay downtown. For a couple years we tried to save money and take the Marta from the airport to downtown then hoof it the rest of the time. Honestly, at this point I don't feel safe doing that anymore. We may break down and rent a car this year and stay outside of Atlanta and just drive in and out on raceday. Check the airport website, I'm not sure if they allow uber and lyft at the airport yet. Flat rate taxi service from the airport to downtown is ~30$
slowgti
10/5/2017 8:48am
The cheetah has a 5 star resistant haha.
nc_mx_kid
10/5/2017 8:50am
the DMXS radio party will be friday/saturday at tongue & groove

check out the Cheetah strip club, then the PinkPony all nude when Cheetahs closes, & Lastly the "Asian massage shop " , any taxi driver will get you there, I don't recall the name....

The Shop

TJMX947
10/5/2017 8:57am
LOL KYLE...Classic times!!! Any massage parlor will have that same type of time going on. Make sure you don't get a drunk taxi driver for sure.

To the original poster - Do not under any circumstances bring a bike with you unless you really don't want it anymore. Other than that there are tons of good hotels downtown and some cool stuff to see on the Sunday after the SX (Georgia aquarium, CNN Tour, Coke museum, etc).
Polski934
10/5/2017 11:38am
I would recommend spending a little extra to get a hotel within walking distance, traffic is an absolute nightmare. The new stadium is amazing, be interesting to see how it works for SX.
ZM956
10/5/2017 11:42am
Bro's the new stadium is absolutely badass! And the concessions are actually reasonable, if football was great to watch in there, then I know SX will be even better.
hyler199
10/5/2017 2:04pm
nc_mx_kid wrote:
the DMXS radio party will be friday/saturday at tongue & groove check out the Cheetah strip club, then the PinkPony all nude when Cheetahs closes, &...
the DMXS radio party will be friday/saturday at tongue & groove

check out the Cheetah strip club, then the PinkPony all nude when Cheetahs closes, & Lastly the "Asian massage shop " , any taxi driver will get you there, I don't recall the name....
Thanks so far guys! Some vital information there haha

Yeah we wont be bringing our bikes as were coming from Toronto. Im semi interested in flying because its about a 12 hour drive..... but we might still hoof it. Theres no SX in Toronto or Detroit anymore so just thinking of places to go. The new stadium looks really cool thats for sure. Keep the suggestions comin on local attractionsss...
oshow
10/5/2017 3:20pm
hyler199 wrote:
Thinking of making the trip with a few friends. Good tips for hotels or other services? Restaurants? Any other moto related things close? Best strip club...

Restaurants?

Magic City has lemon pepper wings... Blackend breast too.
jdsmooth
10/5/2017 3:26pm
I saw the new Mercedes Benz Stadium for the first time on Sunday, and it was an incredible fan experience. I can't wait to see what the track looks like in there. Atlanta is on the rise!
lumpy790
10/5/2017 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2017 4:26pm
jdsmooth wrote:
I saw the new Mercedes Benz Stadium for the first time on Sunday, and it was an incredible fan experience. I can't wait to see what...
I saw the new Mercedes Benz Stadium for the first time on Sunday, and it was an incredible fan experience. I can't wait to see what the track looks like in there. Atlanta is on the rise!
Have they been successful with the roof closing? When will they drop the old stadium?
jdsmooth
10/5/2017 4:43pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Have they been successful with the roof closing? When will they drop the old stadium?
Roof was closed when I was in there Sunday. From the upper level, it was hard to imagine what it would like open. There is a lot of natural light already because the endzone sides of the stadium feature massive windows which show the Atlanta skyline. I've watched videos online which make it seem like the roof opens and closes without much effort.

When I walked by the old Dome on the way in, it looked like a warzone or something out of The Walking Dead. It was already in the process of demolition. Not sure what the timeline is there.
ocscottie
10/5/2017 5:04pm
I read that it was taking over an hour to close the roof, and they want to get it down to just minutes, how? who knows.
Charper732
10/5/2017 5:29pm
ocscottie wrote:
I read that it was taking over an hour to close the roof, and they want to get it down to just minutes, how? who knows.
It was an alignment issue. It closes in minutes now.
Honda11
10/5/2017 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2017 6:56pm
I am planning to make the trip next year to the new stadium as well. I booked my hotel when the schedule was released, and I have to say, good luck. There must be another big event going on that weekend, there were only a couple hotels available within walking distance (I consider about a half mile) that were also reasonable (under $200 an night) Last year we stayed at the Omni and it was great, but this year its sold out already.

Last year we paid I think $89/night for the Omni, and the best I could do this year was the Glenn Hotel at $230/night. These prices are before taxes/fees too.
rallendude
10/6/2017 8:20am
Coming from that far away makes sense to fly if there's only a couple of you. I'd recommend taking the Marta from the airport to downtown. Get you a room at the Omni Hotel. It's pretty much right by the stadium. Plenty to do in the area. If you're into basketball, there may be a game there within a day or two. There will be a lot of racers that stay at the Omni.
jtiger12
10/6/2017 8:33am
Stayed in the omni for the first time last year, that hotel is badass. Just about every other time we stayed here.

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
275 Baker St, Atlanta, GA 30313
(404) 577-2001

https://goo.gl/maps/ao3hwzWeSVp

Short walk to the bbq place and the German restaurant. There is a sweet Irish Pub on Peachtree st as well. Tacomac has a ton of beer on tap, and you will find most of the supercross fans there throughout the day.
JRT812
10/6/2017 9:07am
jtiger12 wrote:
Stayed in the omni for the first time last year, that hotel is badass. Just about every other time we stayed here. Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta...
Stayed in the omni for the first time last year, that hotel is badass. Just about every other time we stayed here.

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
275 Baker St, Atlanta, GA 30313
(404) 577-2001

https://goo.gl/maps/ao3hwzWeSVp

Short walk to the bbq place and the German restaurant. There is a sweet Irish Pub on Peachtree st as well. Tacomac has a ton of beer on tap, and you will find most of the supercross fans there throughout the day.
I will agree about the Omni, great hotel. I have no input on the clubs, but have heard the cheetah is good. As someone else mentioned, hit up the DMXS party. Always wanted to do it. Lastly, hide your stuff that you leave behind or take it with you. I've never had any issues, but there is always some posts about stolen stuff after the weekend.
Merida
10/30/2017 1:47am
I'm a 25year old Swedish and im going alone too Atlanta SX and would be happy too get some company on the race day. hit me up if you want some company (no funny business.. xD)
twotwosix
10/30/2017 7:09am
DMXS pre-party is always a must. Last year we had bottle service on the top level there and it was a good time. I used Priceline and scored a room in the Hyatt Regency for $100. If you've never been to Atlanta and done the touristy thing, you can always go to the Georgia Aquarium and the Coca Cola museum on Sunday.
TJMX947
10/30/2017 9:43am
Honda11 wrote:
I am planning to make the trip next year to the new stadium as well. I booked my hotel when the schedule was released, and I...
I am planning to make the trip next year to the new stadium as well. I booked my hotel when the schedule was released, and I have to say, good luck. There must be another big event going on that weekend, there were only a couple hotels available within walking distance (I consider about a half mile) that were also reasonable (under $200 an night) Last year we stayed at the Omni and it was great, but this year its sold out already.

Last year we paid I think $89/night for the Omni, and the best I could do this year was the Glenn Hotel at $230/night. These prices are before taxes/fees too.
One year at the ATL SX there was a Jay - Z concert going on at Phillips Arena so its not uncommon.

Last year we stayed in Mid-Town and took an Uber to the race, it cost like $7. After the race you could walk 1/4 mile away and get another Uber. The traffic is crazy so I definitely wouldn't drive.
ATHEIST
Fantasy
939th
10/30/2017 11:00am
when are they gonna be on sale???????????
Mx391
10/30/2017 1:37pm
Last year my dads truck got broken into in a parking garage for the ATL SX. Took duffle bag out of the back seat that had pills and clothes in it. Didn't take the pistol in the center console nor the cash.
10/31/2017 5:46pm
They built the new stadium right next to the old one, still in the hood. Beware of the predators.Everyone wanted a location for the new one away from downtown but theres too much money in politics in the Atl for that to happen. Amazing structure though. Cant wait for the sx.
jones4490
11/1/2017 6:22am
ATHEIST wrote:
Wondering the same here. I feel like they may go a little quicker this year than in the past due to the new changes, (stadium, triple crown, etc..).
Donovan759
11/1/2017 7:20am
I went to ATL SX in 2014 I believe. It was a great experience. Never felt unsafe and didn't have any issues with parking or anything like that. And the way ATL deals with traffic after major events was great. They shut down some of the inbound lanes and use them as outbound in order to clear the city quickly. It actually blew me away how fast we got out of downtown ATL. Not sure is most other cities do this but PGH is a nightmare after stadium events. I gave the entire experience an A+.
Merida
11/1/2017 8:27am
ATHEIST wrote:
jones4490 wrote:
Wondering the same here. I feel like they may go a little quicker this year than in the past due to the new changes, (stadium, triple...
Wondering the same here. I feel like they may go a little quicker this year than in the past due to the new changes, (stadium, triple crown, etc..).
ATLANTA TICKETS ON SALE DEC 1. it says on the website
MX-LIFE.
11/1/2017 12:22pm
hyler199 wrote:
Thinking of making the trip with a few friends. Good tips for hotels or other services? Restaurants? Any other moto related things close? Best strip club...

Restaurants?

oshow wrote:
LMAO ??? count me in some may not know what magic City is! I'm staying in Sandy springs excellent deal on a room!
oshow
11/1/2017 12:27pm
hyler199 wrote:

Restaurants?

oshow wrote:
MX-LIFE. wrote:
LMAO ??? count me in some may not know what magic City is! I'm staying in Sandy springs excellent deal on a room!
Good man....lol

Post a reply to: Atlanta SX 2018

The Latest