Atlanta Am Day Experience!

Johnny Depp
3/7/2018 5:28am
Thanks for posting this. There hasn't been much so far on the amateurs return to SX this year. It makes memories of a lifetime.

There was great concern that these races would bring carnage. Any feedback on safety?
sandman768
3/7/2018 6:01am
I remember racing SX am day at the Meadowlands in NJ around 88 or 89....I don't think they tamed the track down much from the night before....They were carting riders out of there left & right! I could not wait to get the hell out of that place! The sign up lines were a mile long...it was still a cool experience but I knew right there I was no SX guy...outdoors only!
300exc
3/7/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 6:03am
A2 was the easiest track, Phoenix the most technical. Tampa and Atlanta were spot on.
Other than the "as seen on tv block pass" very few injuries..

The Shop

life_of_jaze
3/7/2018 7:45am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I would like to thank FELD for putting on the Am day! It was a blast! Pulling into the pits and getting to pit where the...
I would like to thank FELD for putting on the Am day! It was a blast! Pulling into the pits and getting to pit where the pros where just 12hrs earlier was cool. The FELD staff was on point, races where ran like clock work! Some of the staff for the stadium left a little to be desired BUT the only real complaint I could have is the distance between the pits and the stadium! I am a big man and it was a little tough. I felt bad for the parents with multiple kids in multiple races. I kept meeting the same two moms and they would say "my legs are so sore." I guess there is nothing they could do about it so just remember that if you go next year, wear your sneakers lol!

Here is a pic of my son during practice. We bought the picture package from the business in the pits!

Awesome pic
Johnny Depp
3/7/2018 8:27am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 4:20pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Great view, thanks.

Takeaways:

There are already quite a few triangle shaped tuff blocks out there, and on some tight corners they put them lengthwise.

Lots of rocks? or trash?

The track takes a licking and no problems with deterioration. So much for the 450 theory.

Too much separation. Moto's longer than I expected. Rider's picking their own class is obsolete with transponders.

Didn't look too dangerous.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/7/2018 10:16am
rongi#401 wrote:
those pictures only get cooler with time, my brother has one of him at the mgm for ax amateur day [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/06/247764/s1200_71915_162374067124478_5267536_n.jpg[/img]
those pictures only get cooler with time, my brother has one of him at the mgm for ax amateur day

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Are you Dustin Davis?
rongi#401 wrote:
Yes my brother is the infamous ddavis lol
Once I that picture I figured it had to be you. Should have put it together sooner after finding out you know Friday. I remember riding with you and your brother at Piru almost every Wednesday when your brother was on 125's.
jwoltz
3/7/2018 10:30am
The amateur day at Anaheim was as well run of a race day as I have ever experienced. Excited to do more next year.
rongi#401
3/7/2018 12:38pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Are you Dustin Davis?
rongi#401 wrote:
Yes my brother is the infamous ddavis lol
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Once I that picture I figured it had to be you. Should have put it together sooner after finding out you know Friday. I remember riding...
Once I that picture I figured it had to be you. Should have put it together sooner after finding out you know Friday. I remember riding with you and your brother at Piru almost every Wednesday when your brother was on 125's.
what number and bike? got a picture of your setup from back then? ive had about 10 too many concussions Silly
Jason_Ashton
Fantasy
4022nd
3/7/2018 12:43pm
Glad you guys had a great time.

Thanks for purchasing the photos. Hopefully we were able to Capture Your Moment.

Jason
Mad Moose Media
Team MMR wrote:
I sent a question via your guys website. I was curious about some pictures and the picture package if i like any of the pics and...
I sent a question via your guys website. I was curious about some pictures and the picture package if i like any of the pics and that package was still available.
Yes sir. Getting to all the E-mails. Trying to get all the poster our first. Staying at Tom Parsons house, annnnd he doesnt have internet. So doing the best we can. I will get back to you for sure.

Post a reply to: Atlanta Am Day Experience!

The Latest