Atlanta 1 Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
4/10/2021 11:44am
DoctorJD wrote:
You must be too young to remember the old days at Atlanta Fulton Co. stadium. I went to all but one race held there and it...
You must be too young to remember the old days at Atlanta Fulton Co. stadium. I went to all but one race held there and it either rained, snowed, or was cold af for all of them. This is fitting weather for the first outdoor SX race in Georgia since those days.
Not that young haha but just started to race and follow this beautiful sport in 2009.

The thing that I remember is that usually atlanta races are pretty good ones, 2011 was bananas.

So like you said it seems fitting! Cheers!
4/10/2021 12:20pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What a shame about the rain.
What a shame about the rain.

ocscottie wrote:
Track looks amazing! Hope it holds water, didnt wake up in time for quali.
I disagree. The track is poorly thought out, and has a lot of obvious flaws.

0:02 - Kinks like that kill passing as they cause lines to converge to single file.
0:04 - Well we brought everyone single file...let put in a wall turn just to make sure no one can pass.
0:10 - Another 45 degree kink just to make sure everyone is single file.
0:14 - Now that everyone's speed is the same, lets put in a 180 nice and close
0:17 - Nice easy rollers to exiting the corner in not critical (as opposed to a tough triple right out of the corner)
0:22-0:26 - How about a 70 degree corner to force everyone back single file, and make passes hard.
0:30 - Another king to put everyone single file
0:30-0:38 - Finally...30 seconds into the lap, we have a proper long rythm section followed by a 180. THIS is what makes for good racing.
0:41 - Whoop section might be OK. Nice a long. Not sure how the double out into a wide open flat corner will play out.
0:51-0:59 - Lets take a decent rythm section and put a pair of 45 degree kinks in to ruin any chance of passing by bringing everyone single file.
1:05-1:08 - more kinks which force everyone single file.
1:09-1:16 - Decent whoop sections into a 180.
1:17-1:26 - There is not much to differentiate riders here...then into another damned kink that forces everyone single file.
1:29-1:35 - Micky mouse short sections where not no can pass because the line sweeps clearly from side to side. Way too much distance lost with alt lines.
1:35+ Big easy jumps that are not technical.

The most common thought of a SX racer looking at this layout is going to be "can't pass there". For a long track, there are really only a very few raceable sections. These kinks are just moronic because they force everyone back on the same line.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Atlanta 1 Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest