Athena 144 big bore kit yz

Hi Guys.

Wonder whether anyone can help me out on the jetting on the Athena 144 for the yz 06

I bought the bike in September, and on my first few times out on it, it seemed to be running really well,, but as the weathers started to warm up in the Uk, I’ve started to get a overheating problems!, so I’ve started at the bottom to try and solve the problem, starting with jetting, the current jetting is pilot 40 and main 420, neidle clip is at the top!, I’ve been looking on some other forums and some people are recommending 37.5 pilot with a 400 main.., this should make it run leaner allowing the motor to run cooler.. bike also runs a full pro circuit pipe and V force reed block and a Bud head, I’m planing on changing the head gasket just in case, it’s a problem with that as well..

Cheers Nick..
|
BobPA
8/5/2018 5:31am
Since when does a leaner fuel mixture make the bike run cooler? If the bike is overheating you’ve got something else going on, not a jetting issue. Check your head o-rings.
8/5/2018 9:46am
BobPA wrote:
Since when does a leaner fuel mixture make the bike run cooler? If the bike is overheating you’ve got something else going on, not a jetting...
Since when does a leaner fuel mixture make the bike run cooler? If the bike is overheating you’ve got something else going on, not a jetting issue. Check your head o-rings.
Yeah, I’d think it’s the other way, too. Too lean would build heat, at least that’d be my guess.

What do you mean by “overheating problems”? And, I wouldn’t think that jetting is where that would stem from: agree with Bob that it’s likely something else.

Post a reply to: Athena 144 big bore kit yz

The Latest