At what point?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 6:55 AM

...do we start talking about the traction control on the factory works bikes of Cairoli, Herlings And Coldenhoff.

|

10/7/2018 7:02 AM

It's talent and the ability to ride in all conditions, these euro's ride this stuff year round in all conditions. The corner speed and rut control is amazing to watch. Today will be epic.

|

10/7/2018 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 7:05 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

...do we start talking about the traction control on the factory works bikes of Cairoli, Herlings And Coldenhoff.

It’s called their wrist laughing Before anyone thinks there’s seriously traction control, wheel-based sensor traction control doesn’t work worth a crap in moto, as you need rear wheel spin to get the bike to turn and do many things we’re used to doing with our bikes (the front and rear wheel on a motocross bike don’t travel the same speed very often during a lap). A crank and throttle position based sensor system kind of works, but not very great and the activation of it is very limited or it’ll effect the ride-ability of the bike too much (such as GET’s system and the KHI version on the Kawasaki production bike).

|

MotoX85 wrote:

The race hasn’t even started yet... stop with the bullshit already!

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

No arguement there. Completely agree. Already called that. But it is a topic of discussion.

|

10/7/2018 7:24 AM

No bullshit, this race is going exactly like I called it last week. I called Herlings a beast and would beat Tomac....last week.

But the fact is, the works bikes with traction control are going to make a huge difference.

Now for my other personality, if you dont want to chat about it, shut the fuck up. You bitches think that everyone is a bitch like you and the rest of us are trying to discuss topics.

|

10/7/2018 7:27 AM

Dude. What? You’re borderline incoherent.
And who cares what you called. Do you want a Golden Star? Just a weird way to be. Signaling.

|

10/7/2018 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 7:35 AM

At what point will some just accept that there doesn't always have to be an excuse and simply admit that certain dudes outside of the USA are just amazing? You can't always be the worlds best every, single, time! You're lucky it's not a fairer Ryder Cup styled event!

... I still have Team USA pegged as winners today when it's all said and done! MX2 and AP will be the difference!

|

10/7/2018 7:47 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

No bullshit, this race is going exactly like I called it last week. I called Herlings a beast and would beat Tomac....last week.

But the fact is, the works bikes with traction control are going to make a huge difference.

Now for my other personality, if you dont want to chat about it, shut the fuck up. You bitches think that everyone is a bitch like you and the rest of us are trying to discuss topics.

The fact is... ML already called you out. There's no super top secret traction control that's worth a damn in moto.

|

10/7/2018 7:48 AM

St Ann More wrote:

At what point will some just accept that there doesn't always have to be an excuse and simply admit that certain dudes outside of the USA are just amazing? You can't always be the worlds best every, single, time! You're lucky it's not a fairer Ryder Cup styled event!

... I still have Team USA pegged as winners today when it's all said and done! MX2 and AP will be the difference!

X2,. Just easier in todays society to make excuses.

|

10/7/2018 8:45 AM

Traction control is a lie.
Real traction control needs a link brain to determine front and rear wheel speed.

If dirt bikes had real traction control, you could not panic rev the bike, and a whoop section would have it cutting in and out so bad you'd endo......

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/7/2018 8:48 AM

St Ann More wrote:

So you assumed I was rooting for the US. I've already said Herlings is gonna wax everyone, and I said it last week.

I'm also a 30 yr retired Army veteran.

Simple discussion is about traction control. Go post your drama somewhere else.

Hard to have excuses when the rider o said would be fastest........is.

|

10/7/2018 8:49 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

It’s called their wrist laughing Before anyone thinks there’s seriously traction control, wheel-based sensor traction control doesn’t work worth a crap in moto, as you need rear wheel spin to get the bike to turn and do many things we’re used to doing with our bikes (the front and rear wheel on a motocross bike don’t travel the same speed very often during a lap). A crank and throttle position based sensor system kind of works, but not very great and the activation of it is very limited or it’ll effect the ride-ability of the bike too much (such as GET’s system and the KHI version on the Kawasaki production bike).

My thoughts exactly on the negative effects of traction control for moto. The bikes would have to be ridden differently and would take a generation of riders who learned to ride with T/C. Even then it may not ever be better. For a young dude you have an impressive knowledge and understanding of how things work.

|

10/7/2018 8:49 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

Lay off the sauce dude.

|

HAF

10/7/2018 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 8:53 AM

Moto96 wrote:

Traction control is a lie.
Real traction control needs a link brain to determine front and rear wheel speed.

If dirt bikes had real traction control, you could not panic rev the bike, and a whoop section would have it cutting in and out so bad you'd endo......

Well they are using it, but your right, it would be hard to perfect on a bike. I also know JGR was messing with it on Stewart's Yamaha but rumor is he didnt care for it.

Definately help on a day like today and watching the riding so far today, you can really tell the factory works bikes of KTM and TM are really tracking well.

But again, they also have thee best, or some of the best riders in the world.

Herlings and Cairoli, I think today, could win on Pastrana's 2 stroke. They are flying. Specially Herlings.

|

10/7/2018 8:55 AM

The spokes are a gaint reluctor

|

10/7/2018 8:57 AM

hillbilly wrote:

The spokes are a gaint reluctor

I don't know if these are terms I don't know or typos.

|

10/7/2018 8:58 AM

throttle control , one of benefits racing all type of tracks during a season ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/7/2018 8:59 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

At what point........

Does this get sent to the dumbgeon. Cheese and rice

|

10/7/2018 9:00 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

American MX is getting soft. Tome to get rid of SX and go back to true racing.

Been saying if for a while cause I'm a big GP fan.....America is not the fastest outdoors anymore. Sorry it hurts to some, but facts are facts.

|

10/7/2018 9:04 AM

St Ann More wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

So you assumed I was rooting for the US. I've already said Herlings is gonna wax everyone, and I said it last week.

I'm also a 30 yr retired Army veteran.

Simple discussion is about traction control. Go post your drama somewhere else.

Hard to have excuses when the rider o said would be fastest........is.

What does your prior employment have to do with anything?

|

10/7/2018 9:04 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

Been saying if for a while cause I'm a big GP fan.....America is not the fastest outdoors anymore. Sorry it hurts to some, but facts are facts.

Anytime the U.S. and GP, I notice the huge difference in suspension setup. GP bikes squat and track. AMA bikes are dancing and fighting. It doesn't stand out much in our regular season races but you see it here.

|

10/7/2018 9:05 AM

Hahahahahaha, no but seriously.

I thought I'd pretty much read it all with the 'if it was supercross', 'Tomac didn't show his hand' comments, but you knocked it out of the park good sir.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

10/7/2018 9:05 AM

Good point, really affected hunter Lawrence performance yesterday

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

10/7/2018 9:06 AM

Much TY.

|

10/7/2018 9:11 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

rehan53 wrote:

Anytime the U.S. and GP, I notice the huge difference in suspension setup. GP bikes squat and track. AMA bikes are dancing and fighting. It doesn't stand out much in our regular season races but you see it here.

Agree

|

10/7/2018 9:13 AM

struth wrote:

Good point, really affected hunter Lawrence performance yesterday

Impressed, he was on the gas. First time I've seen him race in person. Good addition to next season

|

10/7/2018 9:18 AM

In the '19 model they have a ABS too

|

Power is nothing without control

10/7/2018 9:22 AM

Maybe a start map but after that they want powergrin w00t

|

10/7/2018 9:25 AM

Traction control sucks on anything and everything in my opinion. Even on slick or icy roads. I want to tell my vehicle what to do. Not the other way around. If your car starts sliding sideways sometimes you have to spin the wheels hard to get out of it. Same thing on a bike. If you want performance in any vehicle you throw traction control out the window. The only advantage I can possibly see is maybe on the holeshot.

|