At the Goat Farm with Austin Forkner

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/22/2018 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 8:57am
Want some insight on how Austin Forkner's prep went coming into the 250 East season? It may not have been as ideal as you'd expect, given the broken wrist that he suffered during the off-season.

I caught up with him a while back, when he was riding at the Goat Farm between events.

You can check that out here. https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/At-The-Goat-Farm-With-Austin-Fo…

This was a little different setup than he's been used to, where he's been working with Robbie Renard. It was interesting to see how Jeannie Carmichael would have the guys run a bunch of laps in the same section to get a sense of how fast they could go, and then pick a time and set goals for them that they'd have to beat before they could move on.

RC's dad was also busy around the place, working with a tractor on the outdoor course.

Thanks to Austin and the Carmichael's for letting me hang out for the day.
|
kkawboy14
3/23/2018 6:18am
It’s kinda funny to me that Mrs Carmichael does the training but was never really around when RC was growing up learning to ride. Yes she would take him to the races but man I never saw her coaching him.
Fourth_Floor
3/23/2018 6:24am
kkawboy14 wrote:
It’s kinda funny to me that Mrs Carmichael does the training but was never really around when RC was growing up learning to ride. Yes she...
It’s kinda funny to me that Mrs Carmichael does the training but was never really around when RC was growing up learning to ride. Yes she would take him to the races but man I never saw her coaching him.
Did you live next door or something?
kkawboy14
3/23/2018 6:27am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 6:28am
kkawboy14 wrote:
It’s kinda funny to me that Mrs Carmichael does the training but was never really around when RC was growing up learning to ride. Yes she...
Did you live next door or something?
Closer than you would know! I was on the ground level not the fourth floor!
buggz
3/23/2018 6:52am
Thanks for sharing

The Shop

kkawboy14
3/23/2018 6:55am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 6:57am
She was probably the coolest mom around in that she would get him to practice and races regularly. If I had to describe what i saw in his training was that he was the fastest kid you would ever meet that was self taught by pounding out lap after lap after lap.

Obviously being around moto she has learned a lot.
ga_pike
3/23/2018 8:50am
kkawboy14 wrote:
RC and I both used a practice track in Monticello, FL in the early 90's. His mom was ALWAYS the one who took him to practice and we did laps until we couldn't see anymore. I always assumed his dad was working... but we always saw his dad at the races.
tp4
3/23/2018 8:57am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 8:57am
Austin is fast kid.. reminds of a young RJ coming up..totally can see the future .. there, and training with rc's mom is a great investment.
thanks .

Post a reply to: At the Goat Farm with Austin Forkner

The Latest