At first I was a little disappointed w/ the KDub news...

dirtnapper
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2013 6:07pm
....I thought for SURE he was gunning to beat LaRocco's starts record, and see through his 20th season. But after thinking about it, he has 107 starts, thats still gonna be a year and a half of Supercross to get to The Rock, thats a lot of time when you are just mentally not prepared to do it.

So Kevin, I hate to see you go, but THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES! I started really paying attention to MX / SX after your year off, and really, all the moto that I know has had you in it! Its gonna be weird not having you on the start gate.

Best of luck from the Vital family! Wink
|
lilbulld
1/20/2013 1:57pm
I was the same way, completely bummed out when I saw it on the twitter, but to be honest had a sigh of relief after the last few get offs he had, did not want to see a hero have to go out that way... Just another reason why he is such a cut above everyone else by knowing when to call it quits and realizing what was/is important..
sharkey
1/20/2013 2:38pm
i wonder if he will go to the remaining races to sign autographs and stuff. kind of a farewell goodbye. he would make a good addition to the team over there too but maybe he would just like to be home and relax. ill sure miss the guy

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
1/20/2013 2:52pm
In a way it's a bit of a relief to see him retire healthy! Something about retiring due to injury makes everyone feel like we've missed out...great to hear him go out gracefully..

Perhaps next year he could join Emig in the booth....
BRIT317
1/20/2013 3:08pm
I recorded him last night, it's cell phone footage but you at least, can hear everything he said Smile

WE LOVE YOU K-Dub! You are the man! If there is one rider every motocross fan/rider loves, it is Kevin Windham! Supercross opening ceremonies will never be the same without your huge transfers. His amazing riding and him as a person will be missed at the races by everyone. It was amazing watching him race all these years since I was little! I wish him the best in what life brings his way! Much love K-Dub!

SEE ARE125
1/20/2013 3:40pm
Brad460 wrote:
In a way it's a bit of a relief to see him retire healthy! Something about retiring due to injury makes everyone feel like we've missed...
In a way it's a bit of a relief to see him retire healthy! Something about retiring due to injury makes everyone feel like we've missed out...great to hear him go out gracefully..

Perhaps next year he could join Emig in the booth....
YES! Windham always does great interviews. He's pretty good at public speaking, I think he would be a natural in the booth!
Hando
1/20/2013 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2013 5:11pm
I think it's damn impressive that he lasted as long as he did..put it this way..how many of these guys get out of the amateurs and make a career that lasts more than 3-5 years? Think about all the kids over the years who had talent coming out of their ears for days and still couldn't put together decent results cause of injuries..

K-dub is the mang.
1/20/2013 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2013 6:04pm
I'm still pretty bummed about Las Vegas and him being taken down by Stewart. He was fired up and looked unbeatable. Then the bad crash.. I wish he could have had that one back if nothing else.

Post a reply to: At first I was a little disappointed w/ the KDub news...

The Latest