Astronmical uk oem parts prices !!

smezmx
Edited Date/Time 1/6/2016 12:57pm
£561 or $822 for a 2014 yz 250 front pipe and £454 or $665 for the silencer.that's £1015 or a whopping $1487.00 for an oem yz250 2-stroke pipe and silencer !! Have'nt even looked at the fourstroke or other manufacture parts prices! This is the first microfiche in the uk that i ever found which actually list's the oem parts prices.always used to have to phone the dealer and get a quote over the phone for each individual part in the past.check it out click on the link.

https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/genuineparts/19712/8/yamaha%20…
|
newage
1/5/2016 7:34am
Looks like you need a lesson in currency exchange, import taxes and product mark up m8.

Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
1/5/2016 7:39am
Fowlers of Bristol list prices and for general consumable parts they are often cheaper than pattern parts. Years ago Yamaha spares were ridiculous, and why I had second thoughts about buying a YZ knowing the price of TZ spares, although with the ease of getting pattern parts made in the East all of the manufacturers have dropped their prices and are still dropping them. For example last year CRF250 air filters were £50+, this year they're £17.

Why would you look at OEM exhausts though?
smezmx
1/5/2016 7:51am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 8:02am
Quite a few people i spoke too prefer the oem yz250 pipe performance.you can get both from partzilla usa for $465,that's over a thousand dollars more we have to pay for an exhaust.click on the link and you can see it for youselves.
smezmx
1/5/2016 7:52am
newage wrote:
Looks like you need a lesson in currency exchange, import taxes and product mark up m8.

What are you talking about?

The Shop

Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
1/5/2016 8:03am
smezmx wrote:
Quite a few people i spoke too prefer the oem yz250 pipe performance.you can get both from partzilla usa for $465,that's over a thousand dollars more...
Quite a few people i spoke too prefer the oem yz250 pipe performance.you can get both from partzilla usa for $465,that's over a thousand dollars more we have to pay for an exhaust.click on the link and you can see it for youselves.
That's the price it is. It is possible to negotiate a better price if there is a large mark up. I've done it loads of times in the past, usually with £3k-4k orders, but also for individual parts. Suzuki want £400 for a K6 Bandit wiring loom, I asked how many they had sold and the their answer was none, offered £150 and they took it.
Fearo
1/5/2016 8:37am
YZ250 OEM pipes are so rediculously overpriced, I used to think it was a typo when I saw them on a list. $500 for a 10 year old 2-stroke exhaust, are you shitting me?
1/5/2016 9:50am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 9:52am
Want a giggle, check out the genuine honda prices on the Lings Honda site. £468 for a pirelli rear tire!! £100 for a rear sprocket, £158 for a chain.......I could go on all day.

£1132 just for the muffler Smile
smezmx
1/5/2016 10:00am
Want a giggle, check out the genuine honda prices on the Lings Honda site. £468 for a pirelli rear tire!! £100 for a rear sprocket, £158...
Want a giggle, check out the genuine honda prices on the Lings Honda site. £468 for a pirelli rear tire!! £100 for a rear sprocket, £158 for a chain.......I could go on all day.

£1132 just for the muffler Smile
ShockedSick
Robgvx
1/5/2016 10:28am
Most things in the UK are overpriced. They used to try the 'exchange rates' excuse as an explanation but we don't see that much these days.

At one point you could buy a British made, right hand drive car thousands cheaper by buying it from Belgium or Germany.

'Rip-off Britain' is what it's known as.
1/5/2016 10:59am
Robgvx wrote:
Most things in the UK are overpriced. They used to try the 'exchange rates' excuse as an explanation but we don't see that much these days...
Most things in the UK are overpriced. They used to try the 'exchange rates' excuse as an explanation but we don't see that much these days.

At one point you could buy a British made, right hand drive car thousands cheaper by buying it from Belgium or Germany.

We know, we live here!.
BobPA
1/5/2016 11:09am
Robgvx wrote:
Most things in the UK are overpriced. They used to try the 'exchange rates' excuse as an explanation but we don't see that much these days...

Of course it is going to be thousands cheaper, the steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
1/5/2016 12:59pm
Robgvx wrote:

Again it's down to negotiation skills. It may be different in those countries if dealers list the best price they can do against the local competition and don't haggle on the price. UK cars certainly have a mark up as when I bought my last van 8 months ago I haggled £2k off the dealer price that was already £2700 under list price. Only a moron would walk in to a dealership and pay the advertised price, although people do and look to blame others when they realise their own dumb mistake.

Suzuki parts prices are fine and they will give large discounts on certain spares if you ring them and talk to them. You have to pick up the phone and you have to stick your neck out, if you don't then you will get shafted.

It's mugs Britain if you just look at the advertised price and pay it.
smezmx
1/5/2016 1:09pm
Just looked up an rmz 450 fuel tank only £1020.00 twice the u.s. Price.yz carb over a £1000.even if i got 30% off i'd still be being bent over and shafted up my jacksy!
I'm also pretty good at searching for deal's but people don't tend to barter for oem parts at a motorcycle dealers in general.
Robgvx
1/5/2016 1:20pm
Mr Happy wrote:
Again it's down to negotiation skills. It may be different in those countries if dealers list the best price they can do against the local competition...
Again it's down to negotiation skills. It may be different in those countries if dealers list the best price they can do against the local competition and don't haggle on the price. UK cars certainly have a mark up as when I bought my last van 8 months ago I haggled £2k off the dealer price that was already £2700 under list price. Only a moron would walk in to a dealership and pay the advertised price, although people do and look to blame others when they realise their own dumb mistake.

Suzuki parts prices are fine and they will give large discounts on certain spares if you ring them and talk to them. You have to pick up the phone and you have to stick your neck out, if you don't then you will get shafted.

It's mugs Britain if you just look at the advertised price and pay it.
I'll try that negotiation thing tomorrow when I buy diesel and a creme egg.

Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
1/5/2016 1:22pm
smezmx wrote:
Just looked up an rmz 450 fuel tank only £1020.00 twice the u.s. Price.yz carb over a £1000.even if i got 30% off i'd still be...
Just looked up an rmz 450 fuel tank only £1020.00 twice the u.s. Price.yz carb over a £1000.even if i got 30% off i'd still be being bent over and shafted up my jacksy!
I'm also pretty good at searching for deal's but people don't tend to barter for oem parts at a motorcycle dealers in general.
You can get more than that off. I once got 60% off a pair of RG250 brake discs. List they're £225 yet I managed to sweet talk the nice woman on the end of the phone down to £90 for the pair. If it's something they have had in stock for a while and shift very few of you can get a massive discount on the list price. I doubt they sell many RMZ450 fuel tanks so you could probably get a lot off that. The US price also probably doesn't include sales tax as it varies depending on the state.
1/5/2016 1:31pm
Robgvx wrote:

Make sure you do it after filling up....you have the upper hand
TeamGreen
1/5/2016 1:34pm
Based on your "stock pipe" preference comments...

If you can't get your bike to run the way you want with an FMF Gnarly and a "Shorty"?
($380 US/Full Retail Price)

Well, then you're stuck with the RIDICULOUS PRICES that you're taking about. Make that INSANE!

Between Jetting, Reeds, YPVS...& the various pipes and silencers out there...there's NO REASON to run a stock pipe. Ever.

But, that's jus' my thinking.
smezmx
1/5/2016 1:34pm
Robgvx wrote:

Make sure you do it after filling up....you have the upper hand
i'm gonna go to fowlers and try begging! Laughing
smezmx
1/5/2016 1:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Based on your "stock pipe" preference comments... If you can't get your bike to run the way you want with an FMF Gnarly and a "Shorty"...

If you can't get your bike to run the way you want with an FMF Gnarly and a "Shorty"?

Well, then you're stuck with the RIDICULOUS PRICES that you're taking about. Make that INSANE!

Between Jetting, Reeds, YPVS...& the various pipes and silencers out there...there's NO REASON to run a stock pipe. Ever.

I agree totally.i was just trying to make a point......morally more than anything.
TeamGreen
1/5/2016 1:46pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Based on your "stock pipe" preference comments... If you can't get your bike to run the way you want with an FMF Gnarly and a "Shorty"...

smezmx wrote:
I agree totally.i was just trying to make a point......morally more than anything.
And I was just screwing with you...

Let me know if you have any trouble getting what you need.
smezmx
1/5/2016 1:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And I was just screwing with you...

Let me know if you have any trouble getting what you need.
Thanks man.Wink
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/5/2016 1:51pm
What are the differences in the tariffs and duties? I think it's a combination of higher taxes, smaller market = less volume discount, higher cost of doing business and a higher cost of living which drive prices up in the UK vs the US. I know that every time I visit the UK I get sticker shock when I go shopping.
smezmx
1/5/2016 1:54pm
731chopper wrote:
What are the differences in the tariffs and duties? I think it's a combination of higher taxes, smaller market = less volume discount, higher cost of...
What are the differences in the tariffs and duties? I think it's a combination of higher taxes, smaller market = less volume discount, higher cost of doing business and a higher cost of living which drive prices up in the UK vs the US. I know that every time I visit the UK I get sticker shock when I go shopping.
Ha sticker shock.......i'll have to remember that one.Smile
brimx153
1/5/2016 2:39pm
Oem suzuki parts are brutal too lol
not here there the cheapest by a mile . yamaha are unreal dear here as well as ktm
philG
1/5/2016 3:09pm
it boils my piss when people pull the 'well it a smaller market' bollocks,

So , let me get this right, just because a country sells more of something, it miraculously makes them cheaper to make!! Bullshit. Things dont jump out of factories at zero cost,

Parts prices are just a made up number, and we get screwed over as a result
1/5/2016 3:34pm
Yep, it's everything, even some uk made stuff... How can something be made in the uk, shipped to the US, bought, then shipped back to the UK, 20% get put on it, and still work out cheaper than you can get it in it's country of origin ? lol

Always buy bike stuff from the states, and car stuff, and clothes.... Pretty much anything that won't go off in the post.. even some of the US sites are starting to get in on the 'wheel of fortune' pricing structure though, Motosport is one i'll never use as they have the US prices, and then the UK prices for us idiots, not a set one though, it ranges from about 20-60% from their own prices to the US market lol
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
1/5/2016 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2016 4:16pm
731chopper wrote:
What are the differences in the tariffs and duties? I think it's a combination of higher taxes, smaller market = less volume discount, higher cost of...
For consumables and common parts there isn't a difference in price. Good example of some parts changed recently is the front brake pistons on my CRF250R, a common Nissin caliper and the same pistons as fitted to plenty of off road and road bikes, to buy the parts from Honda UK (off the top of my head) they were £35 ea. In the States they were £20 although once you had added tax, import duty and postage the price worked out exactly the same as the UK price to the penny. My YZ needs a new top end so I priced up the bits buying them in the UK and America, same deal. A new YZ barrel is also 20% cheaper than buying a used one and having it replated.

These prices are list. I've never managed to get Honda to shift on price although they rarely overprice unusual parts and they are reducing their prices to the point they're often cheaper than pattern parts. Suzuki standard is 30% off, sometimes more depending on the part. Yamaha can be hit and miss, one day you'll get something off, ring back the next day and you won't.

I should add that in the USA they don't add sales tax on to the price, they have a more favourable trade agreement with Japan so pay a lower rate of import duty and also have local manufacturing, and spares supply, of motorcycles. Once you have shipped a part to Europe from Japan, to Germany with Suzuki, Belgium with Honda, and Holland with Yamaha, and then on wards again to the UK, paid a higher rate of import duty and then have local sales tax applied at the point of sale then the price will appear higher. Also parts from the USA appear cheaper as sales tax isn't applied when they're purchased and if you can skirt import duty then it will arrive 30-35% cheaper. Pay all import taxes it usually costs the same.
peelout
1/5/2016 3:46pm
*Biblical UK OEM Parts Prices !!

fixed it for you

Post a reply to: Astronmical uk oem parts prices !!

The Latest