Asterisk Factory Tour - Impressive

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2018 10:16 AM

I know I wasn't aware but pretty cool to see Asterisk (re-born/re-vitalized a bit) making everything in-house in Corona, CA. Today being my last day at my current full-time employer (for the past 10 years) to begin doing my small cycling company (SLF Motion) full-time, I don't think many people realize what it takes to run an operation like that. People are too often too quick to criticize "this product costs too much money...or....what a rip off...yadayadayada" BUT they don't look at it from a business standpoint. Do you realize how many knee braces they need to sell on a monthly basis JUST TO COVER overhead for all those full-time employees AND keeping the utilities running on a 22,000 sq. ft. facility...let alone trying to build a profitable company. Rant over, just thought I'd share the video haha.

|

3/12/2018 10:33 AM

Very cool! Nice to see that they are keeping production in house, you don't see it very often anymore, especially with Carbon Fiber.
I was trying to see what CNC machine they use... I see they have one vertical over in the corner but can't really see what it is.

|

3/12/2018 10:53 AM

Well it's not like they leased 22,000 square feet and hired a ton of people first, and then adjusted pricing to cover those overhead costs afterwards, right? This is the result of an evolutionary process - a series of successes - natural growth. One might even go so far as to assume that with scale and growth, comes some level of production efficiency and per unit cost reduction?
I don't know much about business but I'm not losing sleep over Asterisks' operational costs.

|

3/12/2018 11:22 AM

mx_563 wrote:

Well it's not like they leased 22,000 square feet and hired a ton of people first, and then adjusted pricing to cover those overhead costs afterwards, right? This is the result of an evolutionary process - a series of successes - natural growth. One might even go so far as to assume that with scale and growth, comes some level of production efficiency and per unit cost reduction?
I don't know much about business but I'm not losing sleep over Asterisks' operational costs.

I don't know about that, I had a very restless mid-morning nap after watching the video cool

|

3/12/2018 12:36 PM

That was cool. Made in America too.

|

3/12/2018 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2018 1:11 PM

mx_563 wrote:

That's not really true, though. The new facilities are part of a recent restructuring of the brand under new investors.

That is not to say it will not be successful... But that's just where they are.

|

3/12/2018 2:18 PM

I like that kinda shit Bro.

|

United States of America

3/12/2018 3:51 PM

I LOVE my Asterisk braces, wouldn't ride without them.

I didn't know Mike Beier owned part of them now.

|