Assen to get 2019 Des Nations

Whitey
Anybody else as pissed off as me if this ends up happening?

How can the holiest/biggest race of the year be held on the infield of a road race circuit, its sacrilege

I hope Youthstream choke on the biggest cock they suck if they do give it to Assen

http://ontrackoffroad.com/2018/04/24/assen-set-to-stage-2019-motocross-…
|
jeffro503
4/28/2018 11:07pm
That is some deep ass sand , which I think makes for a great GP. But seems a little small and unworthy of an MXoN's race .....right?

They couldn't find a more iconic , big outdoor track to host it?

The Shop

Whitey
4/28/2018 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 11:24pm
Theres nothing awesome about just throwing shit loads of sand in between 2 big stands.

You cant get close to the track, you will see fuck all outside of the 2 straights in front of the stands and it wont have the atmosphere of just cruising through the hills and mixing with people from different countries, the tribal aspect will be lost.

Im from Australia, i dont give a fuck if the Yanks win or lose, so no i'm not pissed about that aspect.

Its just another slap in the face from guiseppe and his mafia cronies to the paying public who attend the race.
jemcee
4/28/2018 11:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 11:59pm
I don't mind it as a GP but yeah definitely far from Des Nations worthy.. as you say it's limited seats, and by that I don't mean small amount, I mean limited by number of seats with no real natural viewing to just jam everyone together which creates that awesome atmosphere..

Dumb
PressPassP
4/29/2018 12:23am
The whole infrastructure of Assen lends to huge events like this with it's access,grandstands,hospitality etc,but a man made track hosting the MXdN isn't going to go down well with a lot of people,it's ok for a GP but doesn't compare to a lot of the other fantastic tracks out there.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
4/29/2018 1:14am
Have you seen the circuit?! It's awesome!
You must be kidding right? It’s horrible, so many great tracks to choose from, even in the Netherlands and they choose Assen. Just because Youthstream get’s a massive hard on for infrastructure and an nice pits so they can be like MotoGP
Motofinne
4/29/2018 1:21am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 4:23am
That is bad news. I like the Assen GP, it is probably the best man made track that we've seen but it's not MXdN worthy.

The track it self is good but you can't match the atmosphere of places like Maggiora or Ernee.
aeffertz
4/29/2018 1:37am
Bummer if true. They can pick any track in the world and they go with a "man made" track.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
4/29/2018 2:23am
Don't. Do. It.

Please.
philG
4/29/2018 3:15am
That is shit.. where the fuck are they going to put everyone? The bit of the track you can actually see, is already rammed, i will go, cos its near , but i'd rather it was in Argentina.
4/29/2018 3:30am
As a spectator who will watch it on TV I say bring it on. To me that track has always been sweet, yeah there is no elevation but the sand makes up for it IMO. I believe watching the best riders in the world in the sand is a beautiful thing anywhere. Only thing I dislike is situations like Desalle (I believe) going off the track onto the concrete, that really sucks and I'm not sure there is much you can do about it.
4/29/2018 3:37am
PressPassP wrote:
The whole infrastructure of Assen lends to huge events like this with it's access,grandstands,hospitality etc,but a man made track hosting the MXdN isn't going to go...
The whole infrastructure of Assen lends to huge events like this with it's access,grandstands,hospitality etc,but a man made track hosting the MXdN isn't going to go down well with a lot of people,it's ok for a GP but doesn't compare to a lot of the other fantastic tracks out there.
Your first sentence is a perfect example of what is wrong with the direction of mx. I don’t go to an mx event to admire the facilities.
vschaik141
4/29/2018 3:51am
I been to assen every time they hosted a GP, the atmosphere there is amazing it tops almost every other Gp I have been to but Matterley Basin. And so far the racing has been great around there.
Hopefully they will do a better job positioning the flaggers this time. Is flaggers even a word in english or did I just made this up? anyways rider safety should always be the #1 priority imo.
philG
4/29/2018 3:52am
PressPassP wrote:
The whole infrastructure of Assen lends to huge events like this with it's access,grandstands,hospitality etc,but a man made track hosting the MXdN isn't going to go...
Your first sentence is a perfect example of what is wrong with the direction of mx. I don’t go to an mx event to admire the...
Your first sentence is a perfect example of what is wrong with the direction of mx. I don’t go to an mx event to admire the facilities.
Its a novelty track, based on this you could run it in a car park in Vegas for 2020... if this is the best they can do , its a poor show.
ruy
4/29/2018 4:19am
Rubbish.
PressPassP
4/29/2018 6:02am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 6:02am
PressPassP wrote:
Your first sentence is a perfect example of what is wrong with the direction of mx. I don’t go to an mx event to admire the...
philG wrote:
Its a novelty track, based on this you could run it in a car park in Vegas for 2020... if this is the best they can...
Its a novelty track, based on this you could run it in a car park in Vegas for 2020... if this is the best they can do , its a poor show.
Yes,Zolder comes to mind?
Assen will have much the same feel...it was garbage
Robgvx
4/29/2018 9:03am
Shit track, that would be no different from the failed races at Qatar, Lausitzring and others, if it were not for the fact that it’s sand. Appalling choice for the centerpiece race of the year.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
4/29/2018 9:11am
Where was it supposed to be held next year?
jeffro503
4/29/2018 9:32am
philG wrote:
That is shit.. where the fuck are they going to put everyone? The bit of the track you can actually see, is already rammed, i will...
That is shit.. where the fuck are they going to put everyone? The bit of the track you can actually see, is already rammed, i will go, cos its near , but i'd rather it was in Argentina.
Argentina would be awesome! Every time I watch a race there , I can't help but wish to be able to ride it too. The layout , the scenery , everything about that place is beautiful;.
zehn
4/29/2018 9:41am
PressPassP wrote:
Honestly it makes sense when you think about it that way. YS has nixed several venues in the last couple years for these exact reasons. I get that MXdN should be held at a classic outdoor track but there are other concerns too
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
4/29/2018 9:44am
Youthstream would love to have a full concrete/tarmac motocross track for his MXDN. Location is good, but there are other traditional, real MX tracks, available centrally located in Europe.

Those man-made MX track (Assen, Charlotte) are so lame.
4/29/2018 10:11am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 10:11am
PressPassP wrote:
Franciacortta, Donington, Zolder, Jerez. These were all manmade MXdN tracks built at road race facilities. Nothing new. Whistling
Cortami79
4/29/2018 10:38am
As a Dutch guy, i love it. Would've loved to see the race at Valkenswaard or Lierop, but that would never happen. The infrastructure is amazing at Assen. I just think they should recreate the track to a new layout because there is not enough track besides the stands.
Motofinne
4/29/2018 11:23am
I don't understand the dislike towards the track. Lommel is on a flat ground just like Assen.

Post a reply to: Assen to get 2019 Des Nations

The Latest