Related:
Create New Tag
Crossup Crossup
10/12/2018 12:19 PM

So, after the beating this weekend, I read and heard talk that the US team should skip Assen, mainly due to it being a sand track. I took a look at some photos of the track in the past (like below). It looks like a sandy Daytona Supercross layout. Why wouldn't our Supercross-centric riders go?

Photo

DC DC
10/12/2018 12:20 PM

Team USA will be there.

DC
Racer X

Crossup Crossup
10/12/2018 12:22 PM
DC wrote:

Team USA will be there.

...more

... Now your talk'n !

Prejump Prejump
10/12/2018 12:27 PM

Team USA need a decent sand track to practice on !

SKlein SKlein
10/12/2018 12:31 PM

Sandy, Daytona? Brayton it is!

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

Moto96 Moto96
10/12/2018 12:37 PM

Place looks bad ass. Like a motocross F1 Circuit

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
10/12/2018 12:46 PM
Moto96 wrote:

Place looks bad ass. Like ...more

That's the problem. It shouldn't be anywhere near a road circuit.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

Sideways Sideways
10/12/2018 12:56 PM

Am i the only one that likes to watch the races at assen? Its always good racing and alot of stuff happens. It might not be the favorite track amongst the riders but i dont care about that lol

jorgechavez jorgechavez
10/12/2018 1:02 PM
Sideways wrote:

Am i the only one that ...more

I think Assen is awesome, I'd love to go in person some day but just watching it on TV is pretty damn cool.

RichardLoots RichardLoots
10/12/2018 1:17 PM

its not the best track in the netherlands , but i see why there is a GP or even a MXON .. and I will be there next year

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

clem clem
10/12/2018 1:21 PM

The facility looks cool, the track looks cool. I'm just surprised that they let them dump sand on that road race course.

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
10/12/2018 1:25 PM
RichardLoots wrote:

its not the best track in ...more

Don't forget your camera. Sign up for a basic camera course if you have to. Pic report is a must lol.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/12/2018 1:28 PM
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Don't forget your camera. ...more

yeah i will make a ton of pics , makes good memories

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Rs444 Rs444
10/12/2018 1:37 PM

If usa didnt send a team that would be one og the last Nail in the coffin for american outdoor racing. No one except americans would forget that and no one except americans would ever look at the nationals as a top tier championship again if they didnt send a team. Every mxon they would place good in after that wouldnt mean shit in anybody else eyes because everyone would feel like they could Only perform on certain tracks. With that being said i Think they Will send a team and even a 10th place would be better than not showing up at all. If they would send barcia, covington and sanayei on a decent bike/zacho they could be a podium contender.

10/12/2018 1:49 PM
Rs444 wrote:

If usa didnt send a team ...more

lets be real , they could sent a team very capable of podium or even win at Assen .USA will always be one of the favorite to win based on talented riders and depth of talented riders . Most countries struggle to get a solid team
But things have to go your way and you need a bit of luck ... so never rule out team USA ...

RedBud showed once again , anything is possible . Herlings and Coldenhoff dominated , we didnt win wink were lucky to get a podium with 2 riders .

France won , and who picked France for the win after all the shit with Musquin and Febvre getting injured , Paulin was getting lapped every GP ..so nobody expected them to do well , and here we are ..they won again and Ferrandis wanst the fastest MX 2 rider .

steed 2.0 steed 2.0
10/12/2018 2:00 PM
Prejump wrote:

Team USA need a decent ...more

Photo

.More...
RG1 RG1
10/12/2018 2:19 PM
Rs444 wrote:

If usa didnt send a team ...more

RichardLoots wrote:

lets be real , they could ...more

Team USA need to change it up a bit, pick the riders for the conditions and the situation, rather than just picking the 3 best guys on paper and hoping they will do the job on the day. If it were me I would pick Covington and Osborne for next year, they have spent many years in Europe against GP riders, on deep sand tracks. Then pick your best guy as the 3rd rider. Covington and Osborne have had good results in the sand. There's no reason why they couldn't podium at Assen with a team like that. But if they go the same route as this year I feel they will probably struggle again

MxKing809 MxKing809
10/12/2018 2:26 PM

After my first MXdN being last year at Matterly:
Photo

And my second being in my lovely home state this year: Photo

I am STOKED that I can pack street clothes next year....

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

aeffertz aeffertz
10/12/2018 2:29 PM

I know it’s sandy but it is more of a SX style track. We might not be completely fucked. Still wouldn’t pick us as favorites but Tomac is good in the sand! Dude rips at the Wick, and that’s probably the closest thing to a sand track we have that they race on.

Just gotta make sure everyone’s head is in the right place at the time.

Jasper125 Jasper125
10/12/2018 2:40 PM

I honestly feel like the chances of Tomac showing up at assen is 0% and i don't blame him due to his crazy schedule. If they make the track like this year or even longer he will have a big chance of getting lapped. Herlings lapped up to 6th place this year first moto.

And im not trying to be a dick its like putting Jeffrey on a supercross track for MXON it would be the other way around its a speciality on both parts...

franshals franshals
10/12/2018 3:08 PM
Jasper125 wrote:

I honestly feel like the ...more

No it’s not. We aren’t dedicated to sand, as for the SX...

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry