Assen MXdN - grandstand seating and viewing

thekendogg
1/11/2019 5:28am
Currently I'm in the process of organising travel to Assen des nations, and am curious as to what viewing at the track is generally like. Is there much freedom to move around different areas around and on the infield of the track, or is everyone mainly located in one of the grandstands? Does the grandstand provide good viewing (is there any areas better than others), and for anyone who has been to the GPs there I assume grandstand seating costs extra?

Asking on behalf of a few family members who are attending but wouldn't be able to stay on their feet all day, and whether it would be worth their while attending to sit in the grandstand for the racing if viewing isn't great.

(apologies if something similar has been asked previously, couldn't find anything specific)
|
mpy
1/11/2019 6:02am
I've been to the GP twice. At least at the GP there has been no extra costs for the grandstand. The grandstand is basically your only option and you can choose your spot yourself. Outside of the grandstands there are not really any good areas for viewing. Part of the grandstand is covered with a roof, which is great when raining or too much sun.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
1/11/2019 1:16pm
Great question.... I will have a similar question about the best seating or area for the following year at Ernee.
1/11/2019 2:18pm
You can't really be anywhere else at Assen, it's a fantastic grandstand btw, really really great and has been honed for decades.
They may open up a zone elsewhere as its MXDN but if they do that they are really going to have to change layout, obviously getting around as pedestrians is paramount. That said I think the capacity of the grandstand is 60k.... They may need double that just for the Dutch though Wink

As for Ernee, wow, take your pick bud it's all excellent due to its layout, it is like matterley basin where you can just see everything pretty much.
1/11/2019 2:19pm
Press516 wrote:
Great question.... I will have a similar question about the best seating or area for the following year at Ernee.
See above, Ernee will be a wild party, that is not to be missed.

Post a reply to: Assen MXdN - grandstand seating and viewing

The Latest