Asian Fit motocross helmets

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2021 7:30 AM

I recently learned there are actual “asian fit” helmets but they’re almost exclusively sold in the asian markets and not imported into the US market. Long story short, I need to try one for my oldest son who is half asian and has a very wide head shape.

Does anyone know where I can order one from here in the US?

|

5/18/2021 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2021 7:37 AM

Webike is my go to when ordering stuff from Asia. Usually takes 3 or 4 business days for shipments to make it to my doorstep in TX. Highly recommend them.

https://japan.webike.net/bm/top/Helmets/3001/

|

5/18/2021 8:54 AM

Photo
|

5/18/2021 9:03 AM

Moto Mofo wrote:

Webike is my go to when ordering stuff from Asia. Usually takes 3 or 4 business days for shipments to make it to my doorstep ...more

Thank you!

|

5/18/2021 10:10 AM

There are technically three helmet shapes. Your son would need a “round”, of which there aren’t too many in the moto world. I have a round head and can’t wear Bell or Astars. 6D works for me, though. Photo

|

5/18/2021 11:08 AM

From what I read there are actual “Asian fit” sizes. I got my son a Giro snowboard helmet and it has “AF Asian Fit” in the model name.

|

5/18/2021 2:44 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

There are technically three helmet shapes. Your son would need a “round”, of which there aren’t too many in the moto world. I ...more

This. "Round oval" is the language helmet manufacturers use. I don't know of any current MX models that have this shape. Asian brands might be more rounded than others (HJC, Arai). But he'll still have to try them on.

Bolstering the comfort lining by adding some foam to the back might help keep the helmet in place.

|

5/18/2021 3:39 PM

Based on what I read the manufacturers make different shaped helmets for the Asian markets referred to as "Asian Fit" but they don't import those into the US because they would have to spend more money to go through the US safety standards testing and I guess there isn't enough demand to justify that.

|

5/18/2021 6:13 PM

731Chopper is correct. Not sure about all the brands, but a domestic, Japanese market Arai offroad helmet fits differently from an Arai you’d buy in the US or Europe.

|

5/18/2021 7:48 PM

Moto Mofo wrote:

731Chopper is correct. Not sure about all the brands, but a domestic, Japanese market Arai offroad helmet fits differently ...more

Same deal for Shoei. I had the VFX-W in both US market and Japan domestic versions and the Japan version was def more round shaped. My buddy bought it off me because it fit his head better than the US version.

|

Powerband in every gear !