As Promised, Here's My Six (6) Candidates For Team America. MXDN 2019 in Assen, Netherlands.

RandyS
6/27/2019 7:00pm
Roczen or Musquin on 450 based on whoever finishes outdoors with the most points, the other on a 250. Reed on open, he can put together 2 solid enough backup motos. That's assuming Roczen and Musquin are citizens already.
RG1
6/28/2019 1:20am
kpiper wrote:
Has to be Tomac, Zacho and AC or Cooper on the 250. Better would be Tomac, Anderson and Zacho on the 250 but that probably won't...
Has to be Tomac, Zacho and AC or Cooper on the 250.

Better would be Tomac, Anderson and Zacho on the 250 but that probably won't fly.

Tomac will go.
Tomac won’t go
6/28/2019 2:50am
RG1 wrote:
Tomac won’t go
How can you be so sure guys ? He said it himself he wanted to go last November. Just wait and see, you made me think of the guy saying back then roczen will never race again.......

And even if he doesn’t go, a team with Anderson, Osborne, Adam or Cooper is more than capable of winning so they must send a team no matter what
RG1
6/28/2019 3:05am
RG1 wrote:
Tomac won’t go
How can you be so sure guys ? He said it himself he wanted to go last November. Just wait and see, you made me think...
How can you be so sure guys ? He said it himself he wanted to go last November. Just wait and see, you made me think of the guy saying back then roczen will never race again.......

And even if he doesn’t go, a team with Anderson, Osborne, Adam or Cooper is more than capable of winning so they must send a team no matter what
He declined to go in ‘16 and ‘17, I don’t see why this year will be any different. He’s only raced the event once on the Kawi and that was last year when it was in the states. Matthes said a couple of weeks ago that Kawi don’t want to go. I doubt Tomac’s desire to do the race is strong enough to convince Kawi to go

The Shop

MXBen711
6/28/2019 3:25am
hamncheeze wrote:
Perfect world: Tomac, Anderson, Zacho on a 250. Real world: Kawasaki is saying they don't plan to support the MXoN. This could all change if Monster...
Perfect world:

Tomac, Anderson, Zacho on a 250.

Real world:

Kawasaki is saying they don't plan to support the MXoN. This could all change if Monster forces them to go. If not, then neither Tomac or AC are going. I wouldn't take AC anyway, on the Pulp Show his coach Nick Wey even says sand is AC's weakness. So let's assume no green bikes. Now realistically the list of candidates is Anderson, Webb, Zacho, Barcia and Justin Cooper. Since DeCoster later seems to favour taking a 250 guy instead of a 450 guy dropping down that puts Justin Cooper in there. Then I think you have to take Anderson and Osborne, though Barcia is a proven MXoN performer, but he's said his one wrist will need surgery and IMO now way he delays that by 6 weeks to ride MXoN. So the team realistically is Anderson, Osborne, Justin Cooper. Not bad, but I'd be a bit worried about Cooper and the pressure cooker of MXoN.

My world:

I've said elsewhere, a good team would be a combo of Anderson, Osborne, Webb with one of Zacho or Coop dropping down to the 250. All 3 have raced MXoN, all 3 ride for Austria which might make the team more cohesive and would certainly improve logistics, and all 3 train together. I think either Zacho or Coop could race MX2 and be the 2nd best rider behind Prado with a couple of weeks on the bike, although I'm probably discrediting Jago Geerts and Hunter Lawrence with that statement.
Press516 wrote:
Zacho or Webb would be close to Prado... But don't leave Ferrandis off of that list. I think they all beat Geerts including Lawrence in a...
Zacho or Webb would be close to Prado... But don't leave Ferrandis off of that list. I think they all beat Geerts including Lawrence in a typical series. But there is nothing typical about MXoN, that's why Justin Cooper would make me nervous.
This is pretty funny, Zach or Webb wont see which way Prado went. And Geerts is an excellent sand rider

I'll happily take a wager from anyone that Team USA don't finish top 3.
Ray_MXS
6/28/2019 3:33am
MXBen711 wrote:
This is pretty funny, Zach or Webb wont see which way Prado went. And Geerts is an excellent sand rider I'll happily take a wager from...
This is pretty funny, Zach or Webb wont see which way Prado went. And Geerts is an excellent sand rider

I'd take that bet. They won't have a chance against the top sand riders in Assen, but as a team they'd still have a good chance to podium and even win. They just need 3 decent results.

But no, they won't beat either Prado or Geerts and a normal day, but how well do you think Spains 2nd and 3rd riders will do? Belgium might be really good, but Desalle and Lieber is injured, Stribjos past his prime a little bit.

Three solid results makes the podium.

USA might not have the best sand riders in the world, but they'd still top 10 in each class, which means when you split it they'd each be top 5 in their class. That's podium right there
MXBen711
6/28/2019 3:45am
MXBen711 wrote:
This is pretty funny, Zach or Webb wont see which way Prado went. And Geerts is an excellent sand rider I'll happily take a wager from...

Ray_MXS wrote:
I'd take that bet. They won't have a chance against the top sand riders in Assen, but as a team they'd still have a good chance...
I'd take that bet. They won't have a chance against the top sand riders in Assen, but as a team they'd still have a good chance to podium and even win. They just need 3 decent results.

But no, they won't beat either Prado or Geerts and a normal day, but how well do you think Spains 2nd and 3rd riders will do? Belgium might be really good, but Desalle and Lieber is injured, Stribjos past his prime a little bit.

Three solid results makes the podium.

USA might not have the best sand riders in the world, but they'd still top 10 in each class, which means when you split it they'd each be top 5 in their class. That's podium right there
Looking at the current standings in MXGP/MX2, there are individuals who will finish strong ahead of any US riders

Jasikonis
Anstie
Van Horebeek
Paulin
Tonus
Coldenhoff
Cairoli
Herlings
Gajser
Prado
Olsen
Vaessen
Jacobi
Geerts
Watson

These guys are all very good sand riders who are used to riding the conditions. Bike set up, riding style, conditioning will all play a part as well as travel, food and burn out

Herlings on his worst day still beats every one of the above guys
Ray_MXS
6/28/2019 3:59am
MXBen711 wrote:
Looking at the current standings in MXGP/MX2, there are individuals who will finish strong ahead of any US riders Jasikonis Anstie Van Horebeek Paulin Tonus Coldenhoff...
Looking at the current standings in MXGP/MX2, there are individuals who will finish strong ahead of any US riders

Jasikonis
Anstie
Van Horebeek
Paulin
Tonus
Coldenhoff
Cairoli
Herlings
Gajser
Prado
Olsen
Vaessen
Jacobi
Geerts
Watson

These guys are all very good sand riders who are used to riding the conditions. Bike set up, riding style, conditioning will all play a part as well as travel, food and burn out

You missed my point.

You underestimate the US riders. They are no Herlings, Cairoli or Prado but I'd put them around Jasikonis, Van Horebeek and Paulin, but most importantly they are solid as a team. Also so many of the top guys are injured.
MXBen711
6/28/2019 4:07am
MXBen711 wrote:
Looking at the current standings in MXGP/MX2, there are individuals who will finish strong ahead of any US riders Jasikonis Anstie Van Horebeek Paulin Tonus Coldenhoff...

Jasikonis
Anstie
Van Horebeek
Paulin
Tonus
Coldenhoff
Cairoli
Herlings
Gajser
Prado
Olsen
Vaessen
Jacobi
Geerts
Watson

Ray_MXS wrote:
You missed my point. You underestimate the US riders. They are no Herlings, Cairoli or Prado but I'd put them around Jasikonis, Van Horebeek and Paulin...
You missed my point.

You underestimate the US riders. They are no Herlings, Cairoli or Prado but I'd put them around Jasikonis, Van Horebeek and Paulin, but most importantly they are solid as a team. Also so many of the top guys are injured.
I didnt miss your point, its ok having 3 consistent finishes, but when the finishes are 9th/10th/11th that doesnt make a podium. I dont underestimate them at all, im realistic. GP guys have more experience with sand, you cant call Southwick sand when Lommel, Valkensward and Assen are what its being measured against

There a lot of riders to get in their way that are better at riding sand, plus the MXoN is 3 months away, plenty of time for some riders to heal up and get back in the groove
Ray_MXS
6/28/2019 4:12am
MXBen711 wrote:
I didnt miss your point, its ok having 3 consistent finishes, but when the finishes are 9th/10th/11th that doesnt make a podium. I dont underestimate them...
I didnt miss your point, its ok having 3 consistent finishes, but when the finishes are 9th/10th/11th that doesnt make a podium. I dont underestimate them at all, im realistic. GP guys have more experience with sand, you cant call Southwick sand when Lommel, Valkensward and Assen are what its being measured against

There a lot of riders to get in their way that are better at riding sand, plus the MXoN is 3 months away, plenty of time for some riders to heal up and get back in the groove
Let's agree to disagree. I think they'd each top 5 in each class at least, which could give them podium.

I agree neither Wick or WW is the same as either Lommel or Assen, but Assen isn't really like Lommel either. Assen is a bit weird.
ATKpilot99
6/28/2019 4:53am
MXBen711 wrote:

Maybe you guys can coax Dave Thorpe out of retirement and get Malin out of the booth for the weekend and you might have a shot at the win. Wink
Maestro
6/28/2019 4:54am
Theres lots of people saying that team USA are gonna shit the bed, and there's comments saying they are gonna win by a mile. The truth is it could go either way. There's Lommel in '81, and there's poor results the past few years. Isn't that why we all love this event so much? nobody know what's gonna happen until the last flag of the day.
Pick the best team you can and get behind them. They will give the best they can on the day and barring mistakes and bad luck, they should contend for a good result.
6/28/2019 5:22am
MXBen711 wrote:

On paper,team USA is a podium threat but lets wait until the qualiraces have finished.
RG1
6/28/2019 5:38am
MXBen711 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Maybe you guys can coax Dave Thorpe out of retirement and get Malin out of the booth for the weekend and you might have a shot...
Maybe you guys can coax Dave Thorpe out of retirement and get Malin out of the booth for the weekend and you might have a shot at the win. Wink
We’ll likely have Simpson and Anstie on the team, both multi-time GP winners in the sand, I’d say we’ve got a shot at it anyway
Maestro
6/28/2019 6:07am
MXBen711 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Maybe you guys can coax Dave Thorpe out of retirement and get Malin out of the booth for the weekend and you might have a shot...
RG1 wrote:
We’ll likely have Simpson and Anstie on the team, both multi-time GP winners in the sand, I’d say we’ve got a shot at it anyway
we can podium with those two if we have a good day. deffo top 5. gotta be Watson on the 250 if he's fit for it. I reckon GB and USA will be pretty much equal results wise.
MXBen711
6/28/2019 6:07am
MXBen711 wrote:

Bonanza69 wrote:
On paper,team USA is a podium threat but lets wait until the qualiraces have finished.
On paper?

What on paper endorses any of the riders USA has as World level sand riders?

How many of you guys are travelling over for the event?
Maestro
6/28/2019 6:15am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 6:17am
MXBen711 wrote:

Bonanza69 wrote:
MXBen711 wrote:
On paper? What on paper endorses any of the riders USA has as World level sand riders? How many of you guys are travelling over for...
On paper?

Zach is a world class sand rider. He proved that when he was racing GP's. He had excellent results in the British championships also at places like Hawkstone etc.

Never underestimate what he is capable of.He is extremely determined. He's like Barcia, he'd rather die than give up.
MXBen711
6/28/2019 6:20am
Bonanza69 wrote:
MXBen711 wrote:
On paper? What on paper endorses any of the riders USA has as World level sand riders? How many of you guys are travelling over for...
On paper?

Maestro wrote:
Zach is a world class sand rider. He proved that when he was racing GP's. He had excellent results in the British championships also at places...
Zach is a world class sand rider. He proved that when he was racing GP's. He had excellent results in the British championships also at places like Hawkstone etc.

Never underestimate what he is capable of.He is extremely determined. He's like Barcia, he'd rather die than give up.
Zachs MXGP results

You cant compare the Maxxis to MXGP or MXoN

Heres his full results, 7 years ago he got an 9th
Mr. Afterbar
6/28/2019 6:22am
Tbteam wrote:
I’m still shell shocked from the complete ass kicking that we got last year, on our signature USA track. if we put in the same effort...
I’m still shell shocked from the complete ass kicking that we got last year, on our signature USA track. if we put in the same effort, with fancy factory trucks scattered throughout the pits and no unity on the team, expect the same results. Prove me wrong, USA riders.
Except that it wasn't "our" signature USA track at all. I've been to damn near every race ever held there and the conditions, the soil and...
Except that it wasn't "our" signature USA track at all. I've been to damn near every race ever held there and the conditions, the soil and the layout were totally foreign to me. It was surreal.
People can argue this point all they want, but it's 100% true. I've been there more times than I can count. Track sucked for MXoN and it's not because USA lost. It's been going down hill for years.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
6/28/2019 6:31am
hamncheeze wrote:
Perfect world: Tomac, Anderson, Zacho on a 250. Real world: Kawasaki is saying they don't plan to support the MXoN. This could all change if Monster...
Perfect world:

Tomac, Anderson, Zacho on a 250.

Real world:

Kawasaki is saying they don't plan to support the MXoN. This could all change if Monster forces them to go. If not, then neither Tomac or AC are going. I wouldn't take AC anyway, on the Pulp Show his coach Nick Wey even says sand is AC's weakness. So let's assume no green bikes. Now realistically the list of candidates is Anderson, Webb, Zacho, Barcia and Justin Cooper. Since DeCoster later seems to favour taking a 250 guy instead of a 450 guy dropping down that puts Justin Cooper in there. Then I think you have to take Anderson and Osborne, though Barcia is a proven MXoN performer, but he's said his one wrist will need surgery and IMO now way he delays that by 6 weeks to ride MXoN. So the team realistically is Anderson, Osborne, Justin Cooper. Not bad, but I'd be a bit worried about Cooper and the pressure cooker of MXoN.

My world:

I've said elsewhere, a good team would be a combo of Anderson, Osborne, Webb with one of Zacho or Coop dropping down to the 250. All 3 have raced MXoN, all 3 ride for Austria which might make the team more cohesive and would certainly improve logistics, and all 3 train together. I think either Zacho or Coop could race MX2 and be the 2nd best rider behind Prado with a couple of weeks on the bike, although I'm probably discrediting Jago Geerts and Hunter Lawrence with that statement.
Press516 wrote:
Zacho or Webb would be close to Prado... But don't leave Ferrandis off of that list. I think they all beat Geerts including Lawrence in a...
Zacho or Webb would be close to Prado... But don't leave Ferrandis off of that list. I think they all beat Geerts including Lawrence in a typical series. But there is nothing typical about MXoN, that's why Justin Cooper would make me nervous.
MXBen711 wrote:

ROFL... Have another bong hit.

I can assure you that this is a different Zach than 7 years ago. And he absolutely has the speed. Guess we'll just wait and see who the US sends and what the results are.
Jimfunn
6/28/2019 6:32am
Osbourne
Anderson
Barcia

Flip a coin for who rides 250 between Barcia and osbourne, Prob drop osbourne down as he's not far removed from a familiar 250 hqv.

I think that team could podium if they all ride to potential
Eddie S
6/28/2019 6:34am
MXBen711 wrote:
Zachs MXGP results

You seem heavily invested in Team USA doing poorly. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is? You stupid cunt.
MXBen711
6/28/2019 6:34am
Press516 wrote:
MXBen711 wrote:

Press516 wrote:
ROFL... Have another bong hit. I can assure you that this is a different Zach than 7 years ago. And he absolutely has the speed. Guess...

I can assure you that this is a different Zach than 7 years ago. And he absolutely has the speed. Guess we'll just wait and see who the US sends and what the results are.
Yep,

The best way to get better at something is to move to the other side of the world and not ride those tracks anymore......
MXBen711
6/28/2019 6:36am
MXBen711 wrote:
Zachs MXGP results

Eddie S wrote:
You seem heavily invested in Team USA doing poorly. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is? You stupid cunt.
Nice language A Hole
Johnny Ringo
6/28/2019 6:39am
All of this barcia talk is great but doesn't he need surgery on one of his wrists?
Tbteam
6/28/2019 7:22am
Tbteam wrote:
I’m still shell shocked from the complete ass kicking that we got last year, on our signature USA track. if we put in the same effort...
I’m still shell shocked from the complete ass kicking that we got last year, on our signature USA track. if we put in the same effort, with fancy factory trucks scattered throughout the pits and no unity on the team, expect the same results. Prove me wrong, USA riders.
Press516 wrote:
We’re you there? I went... it was nothing like Red Bud. They had so much sand added and with all the rain, it was a slosh...
We’re you there? I went... it was nothing like Red Bud. They had so much sand added and with all the rain, it was a slosh unlike anything we ever race on. Yes, same for everyone, but we came prepared for something much different. And thus, vastly under performed. Tomac DNF in his quali and AP7 cross rut while running up front changed our quali from top 2 to way back... gate pick and starts were way more important than typical. But the one off format of MXoN gives you that sometimes.

No matter who goes, the US will be a podium threat at minimum.
Yes. I was there. Those are excuses. Every rider ran the same track. We sucked.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
6/28/2019 8:31am
Tbteam wrote:
Press516 wrote:
We’re you there? I went... it was nothing like Red Bud. They had so much sand added and with all the rain, it was a slosh...
We’re you there? I went... it was nothing like Red Bud. They had so much sand added and with all the rain, it was a slosh unlike anything we ever race on. Yes, same for everyone, but we came prepared for something much different. And thus, vastly under performed. Tomac DNF in his quali and AP7 cross rut while running up front changed our quali from top 2 to way back... gate pick and starts were way more important than typical. But the one off format of MXoN gives you that sometimes.

No matter who goes, the US will be a podium threat at minimum.
Tbteam wrote:
Yes. I was there. Those are excuses. Every rider ran the same track. We sucked.
Your "excuses" are actually just facts. Don't lose sight of that....
Press516
Fantasy
111th
6/28/2019 8:32am
MXBen711 wrote:

Press516 wrote:
ROFL... Have another bong hit. I can assure you that this is a different Zach than 7 years ago. And he absolutely has the speed. Guess...

MXBen711 wrote:
Yep,

The best way to get better at something is to move to the other side of the world and not ride those tracks anymore......
Well, there is your problem... See, there is a whole lot more to this than just riding a track.
6/28/2019 8:57am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 8:58am
RG1 wrote:
I would seriously consider Nathan Watson for one of the 450 slots. That guy rips in deep sand. He won Le Touquet this year and was second in 2018.
Maestro
6/28/2019 9:09am
RG1 wrote:
I would seriously consider Nathan Watson for one of the 450 slots. That guy rips in deep sand. He won Le Touquet this year and was...
I would seriously consider Nathan Watson for one of the 450 slots. That guy rips in deep sand. He won Le Touquet this year and was second in 2018.
Who would you stick on the wee bike instead of him?

Post a reply to: As Promised, Here's My Six (6) Candidates For Team America. MXDN 2019 in Assen, Netherlands.

The Latest