As Promised, Here's My Six (6) Candidates For Team America. MXDN 2019 in Assen, Netherlands.

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 2:22pm
These six riders are on the official " Watch List" to be members of Team America 2019.

Final four (one alternate) to be selected at Budds Creek.

After five rounds of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships, these are the preferred candidates.

1. Eli Tomac 450
2. Zach Osborne 250
3. Jason Anderson Open
4.Cooper Webb 450/Open
5. Adam Cianciarulo 250
6.Blake Baggett 450/Open

Team President - John Tomac
Head Coach- Aldon Baker,
|
Jeff alessi
6/25/2019 9:26am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 9:29am
Just like what it said above me, send sand riders with fast bikes. In my opinion AC is good but his bike looked really slow this weekend and kept him from the front(I do think he backed off and took it easy on his bike cause it’s better to have points then risk a pc bike in sand) Put one of them Yamaha boys on a 250 there, ozzy tomac and we will do pretty good. With a bit of luck and hardcore determination we could win, like I said put a kid like Cooper in there he’s got the starts and he has a bike that will run upfront.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/25/2019 9:35am
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with J Cooper at this point. He's not mentally strong enough yet. I do like all of the other attributes, he's a great starter and on a fast bike... AC, decent for sure. But I would choose Zach in that head to head.

I do like the concept of Tomac in MXGP, Osborne on MX2 and Anderson on Open... JA and Zacho are proving to run near the front every moto. This week will help with more insight on who is running well in the sand. The Wick 338, let's do this!

The Shop

Casting
6/25/2019 9:38am
Neither AC or Tomac will be attending MXdN this year.

AC is focusing on his transition to 450s and Eli is chasing the supercross title, plus Kawi has expressed disinterest.

Kenny Lingus
6/25/2019 9:39am
I've always liked the idea of having a 450 guy ride the 250. Not because I believe they can go faster on any given lap but would be able to handle the pressure. The 250's results are becoming increasingly more important. Osborne is a great choice since his team has the bike. Barcia on a Star Yamaha? Yes please. But, whatever, France will win it with another unlikely group of riders.
Jeff alessi
6/25/2019 9:46am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 9:47am
Riders dont race a season on 450s and then just race a 250 for a race. No matter how good Zach is on a 250 he won’t drop down for a weekend and race one. He needs time on the bike to make that kind of decision. Also didn’t Zach race for Puerto Rico? That may hurt his eligibility. We need a racer who’s conditioned for the bike he will be racing, we also need guys who WANT to race upfront. I would be fine with a guy like Zach and Cooper cause they can mentally overcome being a bit slower in practice and race upfront and FIGHT! A guy like tomac could be either or which is a worry. Anderson is another guy who will fight till his hands are bloody and broken. We need those guys if we’re going up against a bunch of hungry euros at assen!
Ray_MXS
6/25/2019 9:53am
Riders dont race a season on 450s and then just race a 250 for a race. No matter how good Zach is on a 250 he...
Riders dont race a season on 450s and then just race a 250 for a race. No matter how good Zach is on a 250 he won’t drop down for a weekend and race one. He needs time on the bike to make that kind of decision. Also didn’t Zach race for Puerto Rico? That may hurt his eligibility. We need a racer who’s conditioned for the bike he will be racing, we also need guys who WANT to race upfront. I would be fine with a guy like Zach and Cooper cause they can mentally overcome being a bit slower in practice and race upfront and FIGHT! A guy like tomac could be either or which is a worry. Anderson is another guy who will fight till his hands are bloody and broken. We need those guys if we’re going up against a bunch of hungry euros at assen!
1. Zach raced for USA two years ago.
2. People drop down or go up in bike size all the time in MXoN without much issue. Webb raced on a 450 in France, Covington a 450 in Britain. Van Horebeek won the mx2 class in France, I can go on and on.
3. It would be silly not to send Tomac if he wants to go. He's just that dominant. Last year he was by far the best American on the team.
brapgod69
6/25/2019 10:02am
Zach Osborne -450
Jason Anderson - Open
Justin Cooper - 250
ga_pike
6/25/2019 10:03am
Johnson, Ward, and Hannah.
6/25/2019 10:05am
i would go with

Tomac

Barcia

Osborne

all 3 good sand riders and have experience at MXON ..
dboivin
6/25/2019 10:12am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 10:13am
osborne or anderson or web for mx3

Tomac or anderson for mx1

osborne or web? (justin is not ready and love the kid....still green IMO).

tomac, anderson and osborne in just about any combo is pretty powerful
wolf918
6/25/2019 10:15am
Let’s wait until after we see who’s who after southwick.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/25/2019 10:18am
brapgod69 wrote:
Zach Osborne -450
Jason Anderson - Open
Justin Cooper - 250
If no Tomac, I would think this is a solid team. Anderson is proving he can finish strong and other than Tomac, Osborne is the best end of moto rider... Cooper makes me nervous, but he is strong out of the gate.
Ingjr1
6/25/2019 10:24am
Prado, Musquin, Herlings.
6/25/2019 10:30am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 10:31am
Riders dont race a season on 450s and then just race a 250 for a race. No matter how good Zach is on a 250 he...
The rules on eligibility are simply that you have to hold a current license from the national federation you're riding for.

Besides Zach already raced on Team USA at Matterley MXoN in '17.

He should be on the team in my view as he has a lot of deep sand time racing GPs.
6/25/2019 10:34am
Jeeeeez when i see those options, it’s still amazes me the US has not won in a whiles. Those are all amazing riders. Call me crazy...but if team Holland continues to fall apart, ide put the US as favourites...cause u know season 267 of team France drama is coming out this year 🤪

They’ll end up sending Paulin, Vialle, and some other dude with all their drama.

Come to think of it my country is looking pretty sweet..we just need a 250 rider. Tonus and Seewer. Not the best sand riders though...
6/25/2019 10:36am
Oh...if they don’t pick Wacko Zacho...then something is seriously wrong with the selectors.

Zacho, Tomac, Barcia...doesn’t really matter who takes the 250. They will probably win.
SWOHIO GUY
6/25/2019 10:44am
Is Marvin a US Citizen yet? Cause if he is that would be a good way to stick it to the French. Highly unlikely but you never know. I would go with Tomac, Anderson, and Osbourne. Although Anderson is the only consistent starter. The GP tracks heavily favor the start in my opinion, so that would be a disadvantage.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/25/2019 10:51am
The rules on eligibility are simply that you have to hold a current license from the national federation you're riding for. Besides Zach already raced on...
The rules on eligibility are simply that you have to hold a current license from the national federation you're riding for.

He should be on the team in my view as he has a lot of deep sand time racing GPs.
it used to be that,
but now you have to hold a passport for the country you race for, Puerto Rico is a US territory, so they use US passports, so any US passport holder can ride for either time

6/25/2019 10:56am
The rules on eligibility are simply that you have to hold a current license from the national federation you're riding for. Besides Zach already raced on...

scott_nz wrote:
it used to be that, but now you have to hold a passport for the country you race for, Puerto Rico is a US territory, so...
it used to be that,
but now you have to hold a passport for the country you race for, Puerto Rico is a US territory, so they use US passports, so any US passport holder can ride for either time

See below current FIM rules as of 27 March 2019.

Rupert X
6/25/2019 10:57am
Casting wrote:
Neither AC or Tomac will be attending MXdN this year. AC is focusing on his transition to 450s and Eli is chasing the supercross title, plus...

AC is focusing on his transition to 450s and Eli is chasing the supercross title, plus Kawi has expressed disinterest.

If a United States citizen is chosen to race for Team America and, they OPT not to race (non injury or family related) for their country, I firmly believe there should be punishment in the form of a severe penalty. (Disqualification from first round of 2020 SX/MX, for example. ) If these speculative allegations have any truth to them, regarding elite riders NOT wanting to race for Team America, well, that’s rather upsetting....
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/25/2019 11:18am
This already? Well we should send guys that want to go or guys we think will be gamers. Puts Anderson and Osborne at the top of the list. Barcia would not be a bad choice either if he keeps improving. Tomac if he wants to go is obvious but I don’t think him or Kawi wants to and put Cooper out there with that 250f. I would love to see the HP comparison of his Star bike vs Pardos KTM.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/25/2019 11:20am
Casting wrote:
Neither AC or Tomac will be attending MXdN this year. AC is focusing on his transition to 450s and Eli is chasing the supercross title, plus...

Rupert X wrote:
If a United States citizen is chosen to race for Team America and, they OPT not to race (non injury or family related) for their country...
If a United States citizen is chosen to race for Team America and, they OPT not to race (non injury or family related) for their country, I firmly believe there should be punishment in the form of a severe penalty. (Disqualification from first round of 2020 SX/MX, for example. ) If these speculative allegations have any truth to them, regarding elite riders NOT wanting to race for Team America, well, that’s rather upsetting....
Dumb dumb dumb. It’s a one off race vs a life long goal of a championship. Why under any circumstances would you want a guy there that dosent want to be there vs a guy who does. These are the little details that you have completely missed.
DPR250R
6/25/2019 11:21am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Is Marvin a US Citizen yet? Cause if he is that would be a good way to stick it to the French. Highly unlikely but you...
Is Marvin a US Citizen yet? Cause if he is that would be a good way to stick it to the French. Highly unlikely but you never know. I would go with Tomac, Anderson, and Osbourne. Although Anderson is the only consistent starter. The GP tracks heavily favor the start in my opinion, so that would be a disadvantage.
Given the shit that he took from US fans last year and the way France was jerkin his chain for the 2018 MXoN team... I think he should ride for Puerto Rico just to say FU all.
Rupert X
6/25/2019 11:27am
Casting wrote:

Rupert X wrote:
If a United States citizen is chosen to race for Team America and, they OPT not to race (non injury or family related) for their country...
Park Boys wrote:
Dumb dumb dumb. It’s a one off race vs a life long goal of a championship. Why under any circumstances would you want a guy there...
Dumb dumb dumb. It’s a one off race vs a life long goal of a championship. Why under any circumstances would you want a guy there that dosent want to be there vs a guy who does. These are the little details that you have completely missed.
I’ve missed nothing. Go tell that to Mr. Carmichael, Mr. Ward, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Ferry...
Casting
6/25/2019 11:27am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 11:29am
Rupert X wrote:
America is supposed to be the land of freedom, not the land of "you better race this event which pays no points or else we'll screw your chances for a title that is 10x more important to your sponsors/team than this one-off race".

I like MXdN, but what you're suggesting makes no sense.

Further, it seems you are more focused on making sure riders appear patriotic, rather than actually sending riders who want to be there, and thus who will work hard at the race itself.

Forcing someone to go is a good way to ensure they give it about 35% effort.
Rupert X
6/25/2019 11:29am
Rupert X wrote:
Casting wrote:
America is supposed to be the land of freedom, not the land of "you better race this event which pays no points or else we'll screw...
America is supposed to be the land of freedom, not the land of "you better race this event which pays no points or else we'll screw your chances for a title that is 10x more important to your sponsors/team than this one-off race".

I like MXdN, but what you're suggesting makes no sense.

Further, it seems you are more focused on making sure riders appear patriotic, rather than actually sending riders who want to be there, and thus who will work hard at the race itself.

Forcing someone to go is a good way to ensure they give it about 35% effort.
Makes a lot of sense to me. You’re chosen to race for your country, a great honor and privilege, you ******* go.

Post a reply to: As Promised, Here's My Six (6) Candidates For Team America. MXDN 2019 in Assen, Netherlands.

The Latest