Art For Petrolheads “Beware”

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2021 4:27 AM

Just a litttle heads up on these guys in the UK I found them on Instagram and they seemed legit so ordered two Banners March 30 and this guy has been giving me the run around ever since for months, y’all can read our messages see what y’all think, Thanks
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/26/2021 4:53 AM

Awesome customer service 👌🏿Not. Hope you get your refund buddy.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

7/26/2021 5:22 AM

He deserves to made to eat it with that kind of shit service.

|

7/26/2021 7:10 AM

Damn. I follow this guy because of his awesome work but that's the exact lingo I would use if I never actually sent anything out

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/26/2021 7:40 AM

Had no idea Cousin Eddie was so talented. Good luck with the refund!

Photo

|

Do It In The Dirt!

7/26/2021 7:49 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd love to have that one of DeCoster but, not for all that trouble. Good luck on the refund.

|

7/26/2021 9:14 AM

Some characters I assembled out of old motorcycle and mics parts. For sale, just contact me.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, MSC Engineering, Instagram @maxvonauto

7/26/2021 9:23 AM

Useless... and every excuse under the sun afterwards as well.

Love how he's emotional about having printed it to order - if that's the case, you should have fucking sent it, so yeah you can damn well refund it.

Where in England is he?

|

7/26/2021 9:28 AM

Damn, I just bought something yesterday.

|

7/26/2021 9:56 AM

Yeah I’m getting with paypal to figure what I need to do, I asked for a refund twice but he won’t just give me a refund he keeps saying I’m gonna ship it Monday so now he’s read my message and hasn’t replied so I’m just over writing this dude back and forth. I hate to be this guy but just wanna give everyone a little insight what I’ve been dealing with the last 4 months.

|

7/26/2021 10:04 AM

I think this guy is tight with Varner!

|

7/26/2021 10:05 AM

I guess we’ll see. I asked him about having him stretch the canvas for me but he advised against it since the shipping costs would be astronomically higher. So I’m not sold on him being a scammer but definitely not great customer support reading your situation

|

7/26/2021 10:53 AM

Open a dispute with PayPal, you either get a refund or get your order.

If ANY vendor was upfront and honest with their about delays, they would surely lose less customers than they do by stringing people along and getting blown out on the web. I do not understand these companies.

|

7/27/2021 6:42 AM

Did the same thing with me! Was going to create my own thread but found this. Excuse after excuse, tracking number that didn't work, etc. Asked for a refund and never got it. Finally created a claim/dispute with PayPal and got my money back.

|

@robfox10

7/27/2021 6:45 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

@robfox10

7/27/2021 6:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to pull the trigger too. Too bad, really great looking artwork.

|

7/27/2021 7:47 AM

Reading his responses makes me want to punch him in the face over and over

|

7/27/2021 7:58 AM

Lloydcarter wrote:

Seriously!! Some people are results and goal oriented, this guy not so much. More of an excuse generator if you ask me.

Thanks to the OP for the warning on this front.

|

7/27/2021 8:17 AM

Check out Millville bit bits, for a painting by a girl of Jett L. Looks like she is more talented . Adult,s doing crayon art is quite popular also. Most are quite secretive about there adult crayon art tho.

|

7/27/2021 8:23 AM

Lloydcarter wrote:

Yep, same with me. Absolute BS way to do business. There is no excuse.

|

7/27/2021 8:28 AM

I sent them a message asking why they don't send people what they paid for. They blocked me...

|

7/27/2021 8:43 AM

I ordered and paid for three prints on March 16th. As of today, no package and no Tracking number. He whines a lot about this thread throwing him under the bus. He is not happy with my suggestion:

Photo

|

7/27/2021 8:45 AM

Hey Art for Petrolheads, you suck at business.

|

7/27/2021 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 9:01 AM

I sent him the link to this thread haha. That's when he blocked me. This guy is a clown!

|

7/27/2021 9:02 AM

This is why i never buy anything from these "IG" pages

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

7/27/2021 9:08 AM

Dude is sick a lot, he should take some vitamins...and ship people their product (or not take orders and payment like some others until they can get things together)

|

7/27/2021 9:23 AM

Photo
|

7/27/2021 9:31 AM

Ok, so I just had a lengthy discussion with him and too be honest he seems to be a good guy and no doubt is running a legit business.
I felt the same way most feel after reading this thread, but with the lockdowns in the UK and hearing his side, of m actually going to order a couple prints from him.

There is always another side to the story, although his responses seemed like a scam, I’m convinced that there was no bad intentions, but it could’ve been handled better to prevent this whole mess from occurring.

These kind of posts can be detrimental to someone’s livelihood and mistakes do happen. I’ve been scammed before and judging by the messages between him and the OP and 2nd member, I was convinced that this could be another Instagram scam.

I’ll give him my business, I think the whole a Covid situation played a big part in this mess.

|

7/27/2021 9:33 AM

Hoks wrote:

Damn, I just bought something yesterday.

You’ll be ok. I believe that both were refunded their money and he is also aware of this post here on Vital, so the last thing he wants is more bad press. Everyone deserves a chance to redeem or prove themselves.

|

7/27/2021 9:34 AM

Did you get your refund ?

|