Art Eckman and David Bailey commentating moto on ESPN

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2017 8:26 PM

JW381 wrote:

Watching old races with Eckman and Bailey is a 5th gear WFO trip down memory lane complete with 20 foot nostalgia rooster tail ...more

This.

Im 28, and just hearing that into song on ESPN takes me back to my youth and a way simpler/better time!

I dont know if they are "better" but man literally hearing their voices is like therapy.

|

8/16/2017 8:42 PM

Look how nice the track is/was. Did 250's go after 125's back then?

|

8/16/2017 8:58 PM

Good stuff. Bailey has great insights and eckman is just the best. They worked great together.

|

8/16/2017 9:43 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Look how nice the track is/was. Did 250's go after 125's back then?

I can't answer that, but what sparked this thread is me watching 01 unadilla and troy ohio, and my god the tracks looked like a blast to ride back then rather then a nightmare. A few ruts in each corner, and some braking/acceleration bumps, thats it.

Not the footpeg deep ruts covering every inch of the track we see today. I dont know whether 4 strokes or track prep did it, but watching a race 15 years ago i think "man that looks like a blast!" To in 2017, where you couldn't pay me to go ride one of the National tracks in the shape its in on race day.

|

8/16/2017 9:48 PM

People bitched about them back then.

|

8/16/2017 9:56 PM

Rockinar wrote:

Art was terrible. Obviously not a moto fan and could never get anyone's name right. Jerry McGrath and Steve Emig probably ...more

Wow. Lol. You are crazy, my friend. Art had the golden voice.

|

8/16/2017 10:03 PM

GL and Weege are good? they're unbearable and miss soo much, maybe I'm just used to Paul Malin.

|

8/16/2017 10:17 PM

JW381 wrote:

Watching old races with Eckman and Bailey is a 5th gear WFO trip down memory lane complete with 20 foot nostalgia rooster tail ...more

doofy wrote:

This.

Im 28, and just hearing that into song on ESPN takes me back to my youth and a way simpler/better time!

I dont know ...more

Literally same exact situation for me. So frickin awesome to rewatch still to those day

|

8/16/2017 10:18 PM

i can literally like feel the warmth from the summer nights i used to watch those races in a non airconditioned house in my underwear late at night...

it's so amazing that art was that good at mx commentary.....it's rare to get a color guy that doesn't sound aloof to their covered sport.

you could feel art's passion and excitement- and that was contagious.

hell it may have played a roll in capturing me as a kid when i was just channel flipping and came onto motocross.....it was during that 93 season where mcgrath reeled em off, i didn't really know about the sport before t hen.

|

8/16/2017 10:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 10:26 PM

Bailey was color.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/17/2017 2:13 AM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

GL and Weege are good? they're unbearable and miss soo much, maybe I'm just used to Paul Malin.

This all day! If only we could bring back Art and Bailey. Weege reminds me of the dork in high school that always tried to fit in, even though no one liked him and GL sounds like the old jock that is always reliving his glory days....not to mention his annoying accent.

|

8/17/2017 5:35 AM

twotwosix wrote:

Me as well. I like listening to Emig. Ralph, we could replace.

As a kid a grew up with a terrible stutter until I got into my Junior Year of Highschool. Those years were rough and sometimes even now that fear creeps into the back of my head. I have so much respect for this guy, I look up to him even more now than I did when I was a kid.

|

8/17/2017 6:47 AM

fast forward to 2:17

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin