Arnaud Tonus back to MXGP

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2016 10:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2016 10:24 AM

We've recently been heard that Alexandr Tonkov could not get out of Russia due to passport issues and that the Wilvo Yamaha Team should end his contract. They are now searching for a rider to take his place and it seems like it's gonna be Arnaud Tonus.
In fact, the rider from Switzerland and Pro Circuit parted ways at the end of the seasonn and Tonus found himself with no rides for 2017 and yet decided to race the USGP of Glen Helen and was also selected (with Valentin Guillod and Jeremy Seewer) to represent his country at MXON. His results at the GP ((9/13/7) inculding the qualifying race) and at the MXON ((4/4/8/) also including qualifying) were enough for him to find a place back in MXGP for next year in the Wilvo Yamaha team, alongside multi-GP winner Shaun Simpson from Great Britain.

|

10/7/2016 10:54 AM

where did you find that information and can we count it as official or is it something thats in the works

|

10/7/2016 10:58 AM

Legit info

|

10/7/2016 11:03 AM

Both parts should sign soon (if it has not be done already...)

|

10/7/2016 11:18 AM

happy and bummed for Tonus as i understand he would have liked to stay in usa

|

10/7/2016 11:20 AM

I believe you 100%, but I'm just curious about this Tonkov situation. He keeps posting on Instagram about getting prepared for MXGP in 2017. Obviously it could all be a lie, but if the rumours were true I would expect him to just say nothing at all

|

10/7/2016 11:58 AM

RG1 wrote:

I believe you 100%, but I'm just curious about this Tonkov situation. He keeps posting on Instagram about getting prepared for MXGP in 2017. Obviously it could all be a lie, but if the rumours were true I would expect him to just say nothing at all

I find it all hard to believe too.

|

10/7/2016 1:02 PM

That poor dude never, really, got a chance. Mitch shoulda been more patient. But, what do I know ?

|

10/7/2016 1:23 PM

That sucks for Tonkov

|

10/7/2016 1:30 PM

bradnelson wrote:

That poor dude never, really, got a chance. Mitch shoulda been more patient. But, what do I know ?

That's how it works.
Would have been cool to see him get another chance but Mitch isn't to blame, really

|

10/7/2016 1:31 PM

bradnelson wrote:

How long should they have waited?

|

10/7/2016 1:35 PM

i dunno they have been waiting on AC for 4 years

|

10/7/2016 1:37 PM

Moens_Andy wrote:

AC is allot younger then Tonus. Tonus is 26 or 27 right now?

|

10/7/2016 1:48 PM

Jt$ wrote:

Legit info

So he is apparently in Fly gear

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/7/2016 1:52 PM

RG1 wrote:

Unless the whole visa issue was because he wanted to ride in America (it's very hostile between USA and Russia at the moment)

|

10/7/2016 1:53 PM

Good news for him, bad for us here in the US. I really think this guy has a lot of potential. I hope he does well in MXGP. At least I can still see him ride there. I was hoping to see him get at least one more year in the US though.

|

Come and take it

10/7/2016 2:39 PM

Well that sucks. Really wanted to see him at least one more year in the US....

|

KX125

10/7/2016 2:41 PM

Bidirella wrote:

Not sure but Tonus is around 24 i think

|

10/7/2016 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2016 4:52 PM

Based on his rides at the des Nations, I wish someone would have put him on a 450 a lot sooner. The guy's style is smooth as butter.

|

10/7/2016 6:38 PM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Bidirella wrote:

Moens_Andy wrote:

Not sure but Tonus is around 24 i think

|

10/7/2016 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2016 6:50 PM

Tonus probably finished LESS races than AC in the same amount of time which is shocking and by no means do i think AC shouldve gotten an "Eleven-teenth" chance either but if Mitch had to pick between the two i can see why he chose AC (hypothetically if there was such a choice) Wasn't a widely reported numerous times that Tonus was very hard to get a hold of Mitch could not get in touch with him? and he would randomly leave the country to go back home and not even tell Mitch he also wasn't training or doing anything AS PER the Pro Circuit program? (Not to say he wasnt training at all but it was mentioned he wasnt doing anything up to Mitch's standards) Id say that was the main reason he wasnt given another chance.

|

10/7/2016 9:47 PM

bradnelson wrote:

Krallang wrote:

How long should they have waited?

I agree. Any factory team that gives a rider 2 years has given plenty of time for a rider to showcase what they have got. Sink or swim, you are on the best equipment and it is up to you to make something out of the opportunity.

|

10/7/2016 11:00 PM

I'm bummed and happy both for him really. I'm bummed because I know he liked it here and think he wanted to stay , but I guess no other good offers came along? I am happy for him , as in because he seems to of found a very good spot on a GP team and won't be left out in the cold. Thanks for coming over here AT and giving it a shot!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/8/2016 12:09 AM

Congratulations to Tonus, although secretly i was hoping an Aussie may have got the call up.

|

10/8/2016 1:33 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Congratulations to Tonus, although secretly i was hoping an Aussie may have got the call up.

Ferris is in talks wink

|

10/8/2016 2:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2016 2:58 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Tonus probably finished LESS races than AC in the same amount of time which is shocking and by no means do i think AC shouldve gotten an "Eleven-teenth" chance either but if Mitch had to pick between the two i can see why he chose AC (hypothetically if there was such a choice) Wasn't a widely reported numerous times that Tonus was very hard to get a hold of Mitch could not get in touch with him? and he would randomly leave the country to go back home and not even tell Mitch he also wasn't training or doing anything AS PER the Pro Circuit program? (Not to say he wasnt training at all but it was mentioned he wasnt doing anything up to Mitch's standards) Id say that was the main reason he wasnt given another chance.

Where do you got this information?
I just know he wasnt at home since he left europe two years ago.
And he wasnt training that much due to his eppstein-barr-virus he had, because he was not able to do more physically ...

Even i would liked it to see him race in US because i personally think he has all you need to be succesful there, im looking forward to see him racing in persona here in europe.

|

10/8/2016 6:35 AM

Should be intresting. Herlings&Tonus, if Tonus get's the chance.

|

Power is nothing without control

10/8/2016 6:48 AM

That's pretty cool. He should do pretty good if he can stay healthy!

|

10/8/2016 7:07 AM

keinz wrote:

they r way past that so there will be no retaliation of any kind

|

10/8/2016 7:13 AM

keinz wrote:

Moens_Andy wrote:

they r way past that so there will be no retaliation of any kind

Herling's is dating his sister isn't he? There'd be some awkward dinners if they weren't past it, haha

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!