Arm Pump Spray lol

smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th

First thing that comes to mind is matthes saying "spray the field with pump"
Here are some words from the webpage
"First use the 4Arm Strong device, then rub the spray into your forearms. 4Arm Strong Sport Spray can be used topically anywhere on the body to reduce pain and stiffness. Positive results have also been realized on the back, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, hamstrings, ankles and calves.

4Arm Sport Spray is a positively charged, ionic mineral solution infused with our proprietary blend of Magnesium oil, Arnica, essential oils and sodium bicarbonate. Designed for athletes and active adults, 4Arm Strong Sport Spray works synergistically with the human body to positively affect energy levels and muscle function for peak performance."

Has anyone tried this? Seems like snake oil to me (edit: it also reminds me of those hologram bracelets from a while back), with that said it is a steal at $29.95 for 8oz. I would be interested to hear the opinion of someone who has a formal sports medicine education and of course from my fellow Vital peeps.
|
EddieC
6/22/2016 10:53pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/22/140610/s1200_4arm.jpg[/img] First thing that comes to mind is matthes saying "spray the field with pump" Here are some words from the webpage "First use the 4Arm...

"First use the 4Arm Strong device, then rub the spray into your forearms. 4Arm Strong Sport Spray can be used topically anywhere on the body to reduce pain and stiffness. Positive results have also been realized on the back, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, hamstrings, ankles and calves.

4Arm Sport Spray is a positively charged, ionic mineral solution infused with our proprietary blend of Magnesium oil, Arnica, essential oils and sodium bicarbonate. Designed for athletes and active adults, 4Arm Strong Sport Spray works synergistically with the human body to positively affect energy levels and muscle function for peak performance."

Has anyone tried this? Seems like snake oil to me (edit: it also reminds me of those hologram bracelets from a while back), with that said it is a steal at $29.95 for 8oz. I would be interested to hear the opinion of someone who has a formal sports medicine education and of course from my fellow Vital peeps.

Just when I was starting to warm up to the 4arm strong device along comes this nugget of bull shit.
I don't know who to be more pissed at this Quack for putting out crap that absolutely, positively, without a doubt does nothing or the clueless people that buy it?

None of the ingredients in this bottle have the ability to penetrate through the skin, if they did you would most likely need a prescription for it or have to buy it directly from a pharmacist.

Don't waist your money.

KMC440
6/22/2016 11:02pm
"Prevents stiffness"

Whaaaaaaaaa ?!?!? Blink

The Shop

smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
6/22/2016 11:14pm
EddieC wrote:
Just when I was starting to warm up to the 4arm strong device along comes this nugget of bull shit. I don't know who to be...

Just when I was starting to warm up to the 4arm strong device along comes this nugget of bull shit.
I don't know who to be more pissed at this Quack for putting out crap that absolutely, positively, without a doubt does nothing or the clueless people that buy it?

None of the ingredients in this bottle have the ability to penetrate through the skin, if they did you would most likely need a prescription for it or have to buy it directly from a pharmacist.

Don't waist your money.

Cheers for insight (I get the feeling you may know a thing or two about sports injuries). It is pretty amazing that companies are able to make such bold claims without repercussions. I think that power balance bracelet company did end up in court for false advertising and for having no scientific evidence to back up the claims, though I doubt that will happen here (if these claims are erroneous of course). The thing with this is, someone who buys it will massage it into their arms when they have arm pump and the massage will make it feel better, they would probably get the same results by rubbing coconut or other massage oils into their arm.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
6/22/2016 11:18pm
vschaik141 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/22/140613/s1200_FB_IMG_1466649759874.jpg[/img]

mine was more like this

via GIPHY

but I probably have the same amount of evidence as 4 Arm Strong
mb
6/22/2016 11:29pm
Ha, good post Eddie.
Fearo
6/23/2016 12:41am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2016 12:42am
EddieC wrote:
Just when I was starting to warm up to the 4arm strong device along comes this nugget of bull shit. I don't know who to be...

Don't waist your money.

I completely agree with you, though certain forms of magnesium have the ability to be applied transdermally. Although I have no idea if this is used in this product or if it would have any influence on armpump.
Jrewing
6/23/2016 1:21am
The placebo effect is strong in young Luke!
6/23/2016 1:55am
I don't know about this spray but after every winter break I use some sort of spray for muscle pain and that works pretty good, doesn't eliminate it, but does reduce it which makes it at least rideable.
downard254
6/23/2016 4:30am
"Reduces pain and STIFFNESS". Whatever you do guys, DO NOT rub it in and then go and take a leak. Your Johnsonville Braut will be worthless to your lady for several days! WoohooTonguePinchWhistling
hvaughn88
6/23/2016 4:53am
After reading the thread title, I was going to make a joke about it probably being a 4arm strong product. Looks like they are already the punchline.
colonel
6/23/2016 5:21am
"Reduces lactic Acid" FFS

How do they sleep at night after claiming and actually selling this shit??
IWreckALot
6/23/2016 5:32am
Anytime a product leads with "positively charged, ionic mineral", it's snake oil.

I wish this product would make it to the Shark Tank. . . Mark Cuban would eat this product alive.
eGGz
6/23/2016 5:45am
Guaranteed to reduce excess wallet weight.
newmann
6/23/2016 5:53am
Aldon: Almost there guys, keep climbing!!

Dungey: I can't make it, pass the Arm Pump Spray and the Mona Vie!!

22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
6/23/2016 6:39am
Can't wait to hear what Hobo Nick has to say about this haha going to be mint
JeepnMike
6/23/2016 7:50am
newmann wrote:
Aldon: Almost there guys, keep climbing!! Dungey: I can't make it, pass the Arm Pump Spray and the Mona Vie!! [img]https://hyperallergic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/xlarge-3.jpg[/img]
Aldon: Almost there guys, keep climbing!!

Dungey: I can't make it, pass the Arm Pump Spray and the Mona Vie!!

There goes a good sip of hot chocolate all over my desk.. Laughing
ga_pike
6/23/2016 9:09am
Make sure you get a TUE before you use it! LOL
TSCHAM101
6/23/2016 9:11am
colonel wrote:
"Reduces lactic Acid" FFS

How do they sleep at night after claiming and actually selling this shit??
baking soda reduces lactic acid.. google medical journals on it.. problem is you gotta take a bunch of it to work for a short time.
Josh422
6/23/2016 10:10am
Worst label design I've seen in recent memory...
500guy
6/23/2016 11:08am
Wasn't Mike Brown selling something like this several years ago?

follow the money, All good Pyramid schemes start in Salt Lake City UTah.
Brent
6/23/2016 11:16am
Baker doesn't need credibility any more, he's got a contract with KTM...
moto804
6/23/2016 11:53am
I remember watching a documentary on MX from about 15 yrs ago or so where they talked about using nail polish to help prevent arm pump. Seemed like a pretty good idea at the time.

Cant remember the name of that film...

Smile
6/23/2016 12:01pm
This company reminds me of the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Forearm pain while riding comes from overdeveloped flexor muscles (the ones that hold onto the bars) versus underdeveloped extensor muscles (the ones that push your fingers / thumb apart).

Getting a strong rubber band, and training very high rep finger extension will absolutely help alleviate arm pump, but for some reason everyone in the moto industry thinks you need some kind of magic fix.
6/23/2016 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2016 12:23pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/22/140610/s1200_4arm.jpg[/img] First thing that comes to mind is matthes saying "spray the field with pump" Here are some words from the webpage "First use the 4Arm...

When Hobo Nick saw the product released on their instagram, he drop kicked a baby bunny in a moment of rage.

I'm sure he'll have something to say about it on the Podcast this week.

-Main Event Moto
6/23/2016 12:38pm
Haha, sodium bicarbonate is just baking soda. Ill keep my magnesium for my hubsWink

Post a reply to: Arm Pump Spray lol

The Latest