Arlington SX - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

Related:
DA498
2/16/2019 4:18pm
DA498 wrote:
Theres always "one line" that tends to be fast. Its up to the rider to get out of that line and make something happen. Its called...
Theres always "one line" that tends to be fast. Its up to the rider to get out of that line and make something happen. Its called racecraft. There hasnt been any racing yet and lots of talk of no passing opportunity. How does that work?
The top 14 all within the same second in lap times..
Exactly, its qualifying, they aren't racing and are all taking the same or very close to the same line. Come race time you better know how to race and not blame the track for being easy like some Team Owners do.
DA498
2/16/2019 4:31pm
DA498 wrote:
Theres always "one line" that tends to be fast. Its up to the rider to get out of that line and make something happen. Its called...
Theres always "one line" that tends to be fast. Its up to the rider to get out of that line and make something happen. Its called racecraft. There hasnt been any racing yet and lots of talk of no passing opportunity. How does that work?
Titan1 wrote:
Seems to be a well built track would have more than one line that is the same speed, or one fast line that is super technical...
Seems to be a well built track would have more than one line that is the same speed, or one fast line that is super technical which increases the likelihood of mistakes, and therefore making passes possible.

One fast line, that is so easy the top 15 can do it perfectly lap after lap for 20 minutes is boring....and leaves no room for racecraft.
I get what your saying, but will disagree. I like the opportunity to have more than one or two guys having a chance to win than a runaway freak of nature on the night. Theres plenty of obstacles and variables on the easiest track for those guys to make mistakes.
agn5009
2/16/2019 4:40pm
We used to complain because the racing wasn’t tight enough. A few short years ago it was the Ryan show. We all knew either Dungey or Villopoto would win the championship and the majority of the races between them two. Before that it was RC or JS. Before that McGrath.

Now we complain because we actually have tight racing and have absolutely no idea who is going to win on any given week.

I think people just like to complain.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/16/2019 4:43pm
I Guess we will find out if less technical makes for better racing tonight, my guess is being less technical is gonna make for closer racing

The Shop

Drtbykr
2/16/2019 4:53pm
I’m excited, probably depends on who gets a good start ha.

Always fun to watch the best of their era doing their thing (miss JS7 so bad though).

And ARay and Bowers will be running, like everyone else,the same speed.
Maybe an Arenacross will break out. On the other hend I can see Moose-Can performing surgery on this track.
2/16/2019 4:56pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I Guess we will find out if less technical makes for better racing tonight, my guess is being less technical is gonna make for closer racing
Closer racing is good, if there is passes.. but if it’s just follow the leader then it gets boring

Post a reply to: Arlington SX - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest