Arlington 2 Boring?

Ted722
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 9:23pm
Of course the 250's delivered, they almost always do. But, when I hear talk of boring in the 450's, I really wonder. Is it? Was it? A day later, I'm absolutely in the NOT boring camp. What Webb and Tomac did last night was a study in mental and physical fitness. They were absolutely putting on a clinic. Other side stories like Barcia moving up, etc. were certainly quelled by the battle up front.

Yeah, I like great racing and passing like everyone else, but throw in a race like last night where 2 champions are laying it all out there? Anything but boring. IMO.
|
3/17/2021 9:27am
I’m entertained every time supercross is on. Regardless of the production/track/racing.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
3/17/2021 9:31am
Probably doesn't need to be said but niether does 90% of post race threads, I think people get bored watching Webb win. It's pretty obvious that Ken and Eli are the "peoples" favorites. Im not the biggest fan of any of them, respect them all. As far as last night goes, with the way the track broke down, it's a similar story with the whole season. Those guys push it harder than anybody else, the only limitation is the track. I hope everyone stays healthy for outdoors.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
3/17/2021 9:34am
I'm with you! Watching those three at such a fast pace in a track that could bite you was exciting! also Barcia did a great race!

And also what Jeff said, entertained everytime supercross or motocross is on even if it's a boring race just to watch those guys ride its amazing.
byke
3/17/2021 9:44am
Probably the first time ever that I found myself rooting for Tomac.

The Shop

D_L118
3/17/2021 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 12:01pm
It was basically waiting on who was going to make the mistake. No multiple line options, everybody doing the same thing. I don’t know i feel like with better tracks we would have been seeing some different results/racing.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/17/2021 12:03pm
byke wrote:
I know right, when the hell are these professionals going to give coop the business
thorns
3/17/2021 12:07pm
byke wrote:
Markee wrote:
I know right, when the hell are these professionals going to give coop the business
These professionals are probably glad that coop is a bit hit or miss with whoop sections, if he could also blitz them like Eli or Kenny, they wouldn't see which way he went most nights.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
3/17/2021 12:15pm
Please reference me when coop had been challenged... The guy has always just produced results.
3/17/2021 12:21pm
I didn’t find the 450 race boring - people cry on vital when a guy grabs the hole shot and runs away with it. I didn’t see that last night.

At just about any point in the race, Webb could have made a mistake that would have allowed Tomac to slip by and Roczen to catch him. I figured it’d be the whoops.
ktmdan
3/17/2021 12:25pm
I was on the edge of my seat the whole 450 main. The top 3 finished in the reverse order of what I would have liked, but still it was a great race. Webb's corner speed, especially in the ruts was impressive. Barcia and Tomac were impressive. Kenny looked like he wasn't so aggressive at the end of the race, buuut he was within a few seconds of the top guys and WAY ahead of everyone else.
Single_Sac
3/17/2021 12:40pm
It gets a little boring because the tracks are so single lined with very little opportunity to pass (line protection, plays a part)..

Everyone knows podiums are achieved by a good start. There's also a huge separation of ability from the top riders to the middle pack riders. After the start, the "racing" becomes more exciting once the top riders meet the lappers because hyper awarenes plays an important key in maintaining position and poise.

Plus there's a disincentive for riders to race because if they get too "aggressive" in block passing, stuffing or rubbing the AMA gets all bent out of shape. Along with the Announcers saying, The AMA isn't gonna like that...and its gonna be reviewed. On Saturday's race, Jason Anderson executed passing was a perfect example...He was racing! Even at Tuesdays race he was putting the hammer down.

DonM
3/17/2021 1:02pm
D_L118 wrote:
It was basically waiting on who was going to make the mistake. No multiple line options, everybody doing the same thing. I don’t know i feel...
It was basically waiting on who was going to make the mistake. No multiple line options, everybody doing the same thing. I don’t know i feel like with better tracks we would have been seeing some different results/racing.
So you obviously missed the different rhythm Eli was doing in the rhythm section, the outside vs inside lines they were taking in the raised corner and of course the different way they each were doing the whoops....when two riders are that close in speed its going to be about who makes the least amount of mistakes...and last night that was Webb
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
3/17/2021 1:04pm
D_L118 wrote:
It was basically waiting on who was going to make the mistake. No multiple line options, everybody doing the same thing. I don’t know i feel...
Im going to have to disagree with you

A) Coop and Tomac had a different rhythm from each-other almost every lap
Cool Tripling onto the table was the hot line, especially for 250s. Off the table people either double singled or bounced over
C) inside/outside, both lines used
D) same as C
E) to send or not to send, that is the question
F) Kenny was tripling on, Tomac caught on, then Webb started. They then slowly moved back to doubling when the outside got too rough
G) perhaps the biggest factor in the race. All night the outside was the hotline. Webb made the inside work, and pulled from Eli every lap here
FlaNard
3/17/2021 1:10pm
They finished exactly how they started with zero passes up front. That’s never ideal. That said, Webb and Eli kept it fun for me. That was top shelf riding.
BroFoSho
3/17/2021 2:54pm
How the top three crossed the holeshot line was how they also crossed the finish line... very exciting indeed
captmoto
3/17/2021 4:04pm
I didn’t find the 450 race boring - people cry on vital when a guy grabs the hole shot and runs away with it. I didn’t...
I didn’t find the 450 race boring - people cry on vital when a guy grabs the hole shot and runs away with it. I didn’t see that last night.

At just about any point in the race, Webb could have made a mistake that would have allowed Tomac to slip by and Roczen to catch him. I figured it’d be the whoops.
It wasn't a runaway until Tomac went a little sideways in that turn before the whoops. I think he was going for the pass. It was suspenseful watching Tomac close in. I thought it was anything but boring.
tickleme20
3/17/2021 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 4:15pm
Markee wrote:
Please reference me when coop had been challenged... The guy has always just produced results.
Aside from the Blue Pig and whoops (for which he has perfected a Marv-esque affinity for jumping), I can think of no Webb weaknesses. He appears to thrive in the sorts of situations which unravel his competitors.

A nice chunk of change is due any sports psychologist who can accurately tease out a Webb Achilles heel.
3/17/2021 4:43pm
I thought eh 450 race was kind of boring but ill watch regardless. Hard to get the excitement with the bikes we have today. Is what it is.
motoman617
3/17/2021 4:49pm
I enjoyed the race. Anytime a race is on midweek is a win to me.
cable
3/17/2021 5:04pm
we wanted nascar, we got nascar. no change of position in top 3 is not good for home viewing
tickleme20
3/17/2021 5:16pm
The good news: Broc Tickle makes the thumbnail

The bad news: It's for a "racing incident" involving his dick "teammate" Freeze

Meanwhile, my least favorite rider wins, and my favorite "championship guy" basically neuters himself live on the air.

It kinda sucked!
Ted722
3/17/2021 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 5:41pm
Boring for people not into the sport, exciting for us.
I think heart rate, "hitting your marks"...never liked that term, competition 1 second ahead / behind, etc. How apropos that the science of supercross last night was on the mental aspect. A lot of guys in here have had the holeshot or 2nd place start, had to execute/perform and maintain or attempt to overtake the lead for an entire moto. It ain't easy. Much respect.
BS12
3/17/2021 6:11pm
Eli's bike certainly looked like it was turning better/sharper which was exciting to see. It's funny when you have these historical expectations that with Tomac's raw speed, as well as Ken's early race sprint speed, you would expect them both to walk through Webb early on when they all get starts like that. Except that it didn't. Cooper is just that good, and clearly handles the pressure like its nothing.
3/17/2021 6:23pm
Watching the top five in contention swaping places for the win is great watching. Watching the top five in contention playing follow the leader is just fucking boring. I don't care who the winner is as long as we see some passing action!
chasetwo79
3/17/2021 6:29pm
I don’t usually like to pile on to the “bad broadcast narrative” but it would be great if we could actually follow some action. Both Barcia and Anderson passed loads of riders. Why is that not being caught and shown? Instead we see laps of the top 3 spaced a couple of seconds apart.

There are 22 riders on the track, there are always good battles somewhere, it’s up to the producers and camera people to catch and film them.

ShawdowGlen
3/17/2021 6:33pm
Maybe what we need is a feature to watch different aspects of the race while live. ...or maybe even the replay.

You get to choose what screen/battles to watch. Kinda like Netfux....pick and choose what you want to watch when you want to watch.

yeah...the logistics might be weird.

Just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Post a reply to: Arlington 2 Boring?

The Latest