bowl
3/14/2021 1:23am
tek14 wrote:
Nice Arenacross track.
World record length track for
arenacross
chasetwo79
3/14/2021 3:07am
Jason Anderson started in like 9th and made it up to 3rd. AP7 did well too.

Kenny and Eli couldn’t find the gear needed to make passes. But all the riders were racing the same track and some made moves, some didn’t make enough.
3/14/2021 3:15am
chasetwo79 wrote:
Jason Anderson started in like 9th and made it up to 3rd. AP7 did well too. Kenny and Eli couldn’t find the gear needed to make...
Jason Anderson started in like 9th and made it up to 3rd. AP7 did well too.

Kenny and Eli couldn’t find the gear needed to make passes. But all the riders were racing the same track and some made moves, some didn’t make enough.
Ken and Eli had no fight in them. Ken was slow in whoops and making alot of mistakes.

The Shop

daemon616
3/14/2021 3:21am
Uh Weege has been calling it startcross this whole serious genius.
deluxeman
3/14/2021 4:56am
If Kenny or Eli would have checked out and won would this even be a thread?
CPR
3/14/2021 5:00am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2021 5:06am
daemon616 wrote:
Uh Weege has been calling it startcross this whole serious genius.
I’m not claiming the name, has been used heaps, just thought it was particularly bad this round.
CPR
3/14/2021 5:03am
deluxeman wrote:
If Kenny or Eli would have checked out and won would this even be a thread?
Definitely, I’m not considering any particular rider, just the seemingly lack of back and forth between riders.
Hoping someone might have a different view of the racing that may change how I’m looking at it.
3/14/2021 5:08am
Weege is that you? Did we watch the same race? Webb and maybe Barcia are the only top finishers that got a good start. Sexton, Plessinger and Anderson hell even Tomac all had to make moves throughout the race
cwel11
3/14/2021 5:09am
It was definitely the most boring race of the year so far. Between the tracks and the broadcast stupidity, I’m now going to start watching the next day. 3 hours of broadcast and so much awful filler. Show us the 50 race, or something worthwhile in between. Definitely ready for the real season to begin.
Johnny Ringo
3/14/2021 5:55am
Biggest stadium in the world and this is the shit they come up with? We’ve had 450s racing supercross for 20 years now can they learn how to build a track and a set of whoops designed for them already? Holy shit
Shaned9326
3/14/2021 6:22am
Bring in the nationals and mxgp already as at least there will be actual racing going on period!!
3/14/2021 6:36am
Holtslayer wrote:
Ken and Eli had no fight in them. Ken was slow in whoops and making alot of mistakes.
I was thinking the same thing about the whoops. Normally he is one of the best in my opinion. Last night he looked really slow entering them and cautious all the way through while in comparison Anderson was pounding those puppies. He looks like he is riding not to crash and oddly he made his first really big heat race flub.
LoudLove
3/14/2021 7:42am
cwel11 wrote:
It was definitely the most boring race of the year so far. Between the tracks and the broadcast stupidity, I’m now going to start watching the...
It was definitely the most boring race of the year so far. Between the tracks and the broadcast stupidity, I’m now going to start watching the next day. 3 hours of broadcast and so much awful filler. Show us the 50 race, or something worthwhile in between. Definitely ready for the real season to begin.
Top 3 “50”/electric riders were clearing the double leading into the whoops. Highlight of the night...
DirtDart
3/14/2021 8:22am
Biggest stadium in the world and this is the shit they come up with? We’ve had 450s racing supercross for 20 years now can they learn...
Biggest stadium in the world and this is the shit they come up with? We’ve had 450s racing supercross for 20 years now can they learn how to build a track and a set of whoops designed for them already? Holy shit
If you watch a SX from the early 80s, no big jumps but technical. Leaders often fell because of this.

Startcross defines McGrath’s (and probably others) 250 career. Nobody complained then.
deluxeman
3/14/2021 8:29am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Bring in the nationals and mxgp already as at least there will be actual racing going on period!!
There was a lot of racing, just not for the lead. If it were Ken or Eli checking out does that change your story? The best guy on the night won the race. The start of the race is actually part of the race and it is a skill that you need to be successful. It’s the same in a lot of sports, good starters get good results.

Ken and Eli did not get a good start, neither guy looked good all night. Not in their heats and not in the main. Maybe they both just had an off night, maybe it wasn’t the track.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
3/14/2021 8:37am
I don't think nobody even crashed in the whoop dee doos...
3/14/2021 8:43am
Tracks are garbage this season. I think most of it has to do with having to tear down and rebuild quickly for the next race on Tuesday (Houston, Indy & now Arlington). So I understand that part of it but man it’s such a bummer to see the low 40 second lap times. Might as well just watch arenacross. Everybody is doing the same jump combos and taking the same lines. Why can’t they remake a track from the early or mid 2000’s? Switch it up and slow it down some. Make it more technical and let’s see who the real riders are.
Johnny Ringo
3/14/2021 8:51am
Anytime dirt wurx or feld gets any criticism of the tracks they just throw their hands up and say “it’s the bikes what do you want us to do”

How about adjust to the times. It’s been 20 years.
DirtDart
3/14/2021 9:05am
Anytime dirt wurx or feld gets any criticism of the tracks they just throw their hands up and say “it’s the bikes what do you want...
Anytime dirt wurx or feld gets any criticism of the tracks they just throw their hands up and say “it’s the bikes what do you want us to do”

How about adjust to the times. It’s been 20 years.
Maybe the bikes are becoming too much for the arenas?
chasetwo79
3/14/2021 11:43am
I think the issue is visually it looked like a much smaller track then Daytona last week. Overall I thought the layout was fun, the split lane was pretty even on both sides, and the whoops had people skimming and jumping. That red dirt looked nice too.

My only issue was that the rhythms only had one clear fast line. That led to a lot of “follow the leader” then all the passing was in the other sections.
ShawdowGlen
3/14/2021 11:59am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2021 12:06pm
My prescription to fix this....

1.) Ditch the launch assist
2.) Ditch the metal grate
3.) Bring back 2 strokes (bikes you actually had to no how to use a powerband...not 3 blips of the wick to get thru a rhythm.
3.) You wanna really get radical. Bring back running grand prix starts. (having to run to the bike, mount, start and go).

Supercross has become to0 clinical. The "Flying Wallenda family circus" air time is so boring. Slow it down, make it more technical. Side bonus....fewer injuries.

TeamGreen
3/14/2021 12:07pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
I think the issue is visually it looked like a much smaller track then Daytona last week. Overall I thought the layout was fun, the split...
I think the issue is visually it looked like a much smaller track then Daytona last week. Overall I thought the layout was fun, the split lane was pretty even on both sides, and the whoops had people skimming and jumping. That red dirt looked nice too.

My only issue was that the rhythms only had one clear fast line. That led to a lot of “follow the leader” then all the passing was in the other sections.
Ruh Roh! Someone made the honest observation of "Return to Supercross 2021" in that post! Grinning

Has anyone commented on the Dragon's Back making it's 'comeback'?

Last night, to me, was Supercross as we know it lately:
Mid 40's for lap times.
Tight bowl turns or fast flat-turns.
Walls.
Combo-sections that aren't very "rythmic".
Critical starts.

And, guess what? Cooper OWNED it by getting that start and moving who-ever he needed to out of his way QUICKLY. Did anyone notice how well he flowed around that track? It's almost like he went back to the truck after qualifying and watched Marvin's laps. And the guys that needed to take the race to Cooper never made it to the front. In-fact, other than Anderson and Plessinger? I can't think of anyone that made their way towards the front? I recall Eli making some moves in the beginning; but, going from 16th to 8th ain't gonna cut it. Kenny going from 11th to 6th isn't stellar, either.

I noticed that Bogle, in 12th, was still on the lead lap? That's interesting. Cooper lapped 13th...only.
aeffertz
3/14/2021 12:40pm
Tracks are garbage this season. I think most of it has to do with having to tear down and rebuild quickly for the next race on...
Tracks are garbage this season. I think most of it has to do with having to tear down and rebuild quickly for the next race on Tuesday (Houston, Indy & now Arlington). So I understand that part of it but man it’s such a bummer to see the low 40 second lap times. Might as well just watch arenacross. Everybody is doing the same jump combos and taking the same lines. Why can’t they remake a track from the early or mid 2000’s? Switch it up and slow it down some. Make it more technical and let’s see who the real riders are.
They literally did that this year and guess what?

“Track sucks”

They’ve outgrown the stadiums. Bikes and skill level have both progressed. You can’t have a safe track that separates “the men from the boys” anymore because everyone is too good and the bikes are insanely fast.
FlaNard
3/14/2021 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2021 1:33pm
It’s been startercross all season. I know starts are critical every year but when you see zero passes for the lead it doesn’t make for much entertainment. You can call the winner about one to three laps in most rounds. Hell, you’d have a great shot at picking the podium correctly as well. Very little happening up front.
Johnny Ringo
3/14/2021 1:42pm
Tracks are garbage this season. I think most of it has to do with having to tear down and rebuild quickly for the next race on...
aeffertz wrote:
They literally did that this year and guess what? “Track sucks” They’ve outgrown the stadiums. Bikes and skill level have both progressed. You can’t have a...
They literally did that this year and guess what?

“Track sucks”

They’ve outgrown the stadiums. Bikes and skill level have both progressed. You can’t have a safe track that separates “the men from the boys” anymore because everyone is too good and the bikes are insanely fast.
A real whoop section would be a start. My kids pitbike track has gnarlier whoops than we've seen this season.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
3/14/2021 1:51pm
A real whoop section would be a start. My kids pitbike track has gnarlier whoops than we've seen this season.
If I recall correctly, watching the 3 digit guys in practice and qualifying through the whoop sections was literally a crash clip. You could tell from the stands that you wanted no part of them if you actually rode dirt bikes. What happened to those whoops? They forget how to build em?

Post a reply to: Arlington 1 Startcross

The Latest