Arenacross replaced by Supercross Futures

BB67
5/11/2018 10:30am
|
resetjet
5/11/2018 10:42am
Ok. So two admissions? I got to daytona but dont go to rc am sx as it is like same price as sx and its just not worth it. Same for tampa. Its no replacement its just amateur day after. No tv package no fan base. Just families and hard core moto guys. Now i would go if there was no sx the day before.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
5/11/2018 11:11am
not sure how its a replacement... more like promoting a secondary series just wasnt making them enough money and decided to kill the whole project and grow amateur day racing
rmoto003
5/11/2018 11:57am
Everyone knows futures are a bunch of nonsense, stick to equities and options
dboivin
5/11/2018 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2018 12:31pm
i've been to a bunch of arenacross races over the years. raced them back in the day also. I think they suck. lol. totally click past them when they are on tv.

The Shop

hamncheeze
5/11/2018 1:56pm
resetjet wrote:
Ok. So two admissions? I got to daytona but dont go to rc am sx as it is like same price as sx and its just...
Ok. So two admissions? I got to daytona but dont go to rc am sx as it is like same price as sx and its just not worth it. Same for tampa. Its no replacement its just amateur day after. No tv package no fan base. Just families and hard core moto guys. Now i would go if there was no sx the day before.
I think in the end Feld is banking on coming out (further) ahead with this. They can save the Arenacross money, run more post-SX amateur days, and pillage the vets and kids and families even more. I bet if you add up the total line at the end of year, they come out way further ahead canning AX and adding or more "futures".
jsmi33966
5/11/2018 2:14pm
I would try to quality if I am already in town for the sx. I bet it will bring up the local racing if there is a pre qualifier
byke
5/11/2018 2:19pm
They used to do this back in the day and it faded away for the same reasons that this will fade away.
KMC440
5/11/2018 2:29pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Everyone knows futures are a bunch of nonsense, stick to equities and options
Mulit-tier bilateral emerging market preffered bonds Cool
Spizzy
5/11/2018 2:39pm
Bike thieves will be living large. Think of all those amateurs that'll be busy all day saturday, and night, all parked in non secured areas.
Johnny Depp
5/11/2018 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2018 2:57pm
Arenacross never worked as a feeder system, and neither does the 250 class. Feld is smart to get into this and grab some of the LL market which is bonkers. A series makes a big difference from a one off event just to say you did it. So much for worrying about privateers being able to race and go to school and afford racing. This thing will blow up big, and could be the next big thing to save our dying sport. Now if the can keep the track tame, and allow electric bikes and run what ya brung, and not have 35 classes, we will be onto something.
drt410
5/11/2018 4:34pm
Yea arenacross didnt work at all as a feeder but as a standalone sport it did for a while. I doubt this would be on tv though like arenacross was. Plus everybody thats going to go to the stadium that weekend is going to watch sx. Not many people are going to go both days. Arenacross was a whole other event at a different venue that would come around when no other races were going on. This will be cool for the people that go but if its not on tv and nobody shows up cuz sx was the day before how could this work? If im going down to gillette Im going for sx. I dont know many people that would spend the entire weekend there.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
5/11/2018 5:19pm
drt410 wrote:
Yea arenacross didnt work at all as a feeder but as a standalone sport it did for a while. I doubt this would be on tv...
Yea arenacross didnt work at all as a feeder but as a standalone sport it did for a while. I doubt this would be on tv though like arenacross was. Plus everybody thats going to go to the stadium that weekend is going to watch sx. Not many people are going to go both days. Arenacross was a whole other event at a different venue that would come around when no other races were going on. This will be cool for the people that go but if its not on tv and nobody shows up cuz sx was the day before how could this work? If im going down to gillette Im going for sx. I dont know many people that would spend the entire weekend there.
exactly. arenacross worked as a standalone event, not as Supercross-lite.

reality is the best time to hold any arenacross would be Oct-Dec. Granted its right when teams are trying to line up sponsors but setting up a schedule away from Supercross would be in its best interest.

That or a dual east/west AX series that caters to guys doing west/east SX so that you could pull riders who aren't racing when the series flips coast.

someone will fill the void. there are riders and teams and fans who would show up if someone puts it on.
Johnny Depp
5/11/2018 5:50pm
Arenacross worked better in rodeo arena's when Mike Kidd started it, he was a passionate promoter and it was a good show.
MotoX85
5/12/2018 9:59am
So now the smaller arenacross series should count for getting pro points. Example the nitro arenacross series in the midwest.

Of course it won't cause Feld isnt getting paid which should have nothing to do with getting a pro license to race SX.

I can see Feld owning all the bikes and teams in the future and having WWE type environment.

Post a reply to: Arenacross replaced by Supercross Futures

The Latest