Arenacross amature day?

Thinking about doing one this weekend. What are they like, are they worth doing? Anyone have any expirience with them?
|
chrislauro134
1/12/2018 1:01pm
Ive raced them before, they are fun. Not many laps though and a lot of sitting around all day. Also, it is not cheap. I'll be racing though in Worcester regardless
1/12/2018 1:08pm
Ive raced them before, they are fun. Not many laps though and a lot of sitting around all day. Also, it is not cheap. I'll be...
Ive raced them before, they are fun. Not many laps though and a lot of sitting around all day. Also, it is not cheap. I'll be racing though in Worcester regardless
Whats the parking and pits situation like at the worcester round, and is it normaly a big turnout?
KMC440
1/12/2018 1:14pm
They're fun as long as you remember to take the event that way. I've told more than one over-eager kid. This race can't make your season but it sure can ruin it.
The programs run quickly plan on being in the staging chute 3 races before yours. Take a hand truck (dolly) put your tool box, gear bag, cooler and chairs on it so you only have to make one trip in. Parking at some venues is a block or so away plan on leaving nothing in the bed of a pickup (thieves love tie-down straps).

Hope this helps... have fun.
Tracktor
1/12/2018 1:17pm
Never again-

We tried a local AMA AX race last year here in PDX. Biggest waste of $250 for a grand total of less than 15 minutes of track time (2 classes). Completely disorganized and basically treated like cattle for pit spaces. Never again. One bathroom for the whole pit area. Came back from watching and all our bikes & tools had been moved by event staff and tossed in a hallway after originally being put where they assigned us...............

The Shop

NorCal 50+
1/12/2018 1:32pm
I did three rounds in the East and went to the finals in Vegas in 35+ and 40+ a few years back.
Number one thing is the schedule is much more intense. You are always on the go and the pits are straight up insane (I did Baltimore, Hampton, Youngstown). You better have every duck in a row down to where you will stick your gas can because it's hectic.
The racing is obviously tighter and more aggressive. The catapult is nothing but a wall out of a turn. But it tosses you over. The jumps are much more peaked. I won't lie-- it's tough. I crashed in the whoops on the first lap of practice in my first one.
Going to the finals in Vegas was awesome. Racing that track in that stadium is something you will never forget. The Vet classes are crazy because the old guys are the most serious. I saw a couple pit altercations and came close to one myself. With the money and logistics of getting there, people get intense. I don't know how it is now, but after we raced they had the Pro finals the next day and that was one hell of a moto weekend.

Post a reply to: Arenacross amature day?

The Latest