Arenacross Drama. Tennant vs Osby

rrjr
3/20/2017 1:43pm
BobPA wrote:
"Oh for fucks sake" I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool...
"Oh for fucks sake" I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool moto kids I have met think that because they are fast on a dirt bike, they should be treated like royalty. I guess I am making a rather large blanket statement, but it comes from what I have experienced. I do not have any kids yet. But, they will be attending public school and learning how to deal with different personalities. I was a cocky little shit when I was younger, and you know what? I found out there is always someone bigger and tougher at a young age...and it was not through someone telling me I am perfect and special along the way.

Starting to get off topic, my bad
Tracktor wrote:
Might want to get a bit more life experience prior to making ignorant statement based on an extremely small pool of data. Most home-schoolers do it...
Might want to get a bit more life experience prior to making ignorant statement based on an extremely small pool of data. Most home-schoolers do it for a better more precise education.
I though along similar lines when I was younger and didn't have kids. Then I learned a few things and my perception changed. We have done both and re-evaluate every year.
My oldest was homeschooled her whole life and at 17 moved across country by herself to live and work in the equestrian world. She runs a business at 18 and is working towards going to the Olympics. This isn't a "bought and paid for by parents situation" she is a working student living all by herself living in MD while we live in WA. I don't think she would be able to do whats she does if she was "sheltered"................

Does anyone on Vital have the ability to read something and actually comprehend what was written?

I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool moto kids I have met think that because they are fast on a dirt bike, they should be treated like royalty.

What makes you think that he's talking about your daughter or any other home schooled child? He very clearly states he's talking about being home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream.

Congrats to your Daughter. She sounds like a very level headed and responsible person. You should be very proud of her and yourself for being a good parent.
JM485
3/20/2017 1:53pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
So you think home schooling automatically means you shelter your kids? Like I said I sent my kids to the best, didn't like were it was...
So you think home schooling automatically means you shelter your kids?

Like I said I sent my kids to the best, didn't like were it was going. A lot of his former friends are book worms, nothing wrong with that, or sniffing cocaine or adderal...

My son is far from perfect, has made plenty of mistakes. He is a very social person, never met a stranger... My other child is different. I am doing what I think is best for my kids... If that is stupid to some people I couldn't care less... I don't drop my kids off for someone else to babysit and indoctrinate them into the current educational arena...
Calm down brother, I'm just going off of what you said earlier, that you are keeping your kids safe by homeschooling them. I'm not trying to say you're doing anything wrong, that's not my place or anyone else's, I'm just giving my experience because it seems like something that can get overlooked. Only you know your kids and what they need, it's just something to consider, that's all. Other guys are going off the deep end here. . .
Tracktor
3/20/2017 1:58pm
Tracktor wrote:
Might want to get a bit more life experience prior to making ignorant statement based on an extremely small pool of data. Most home-schoolers do it...
Might want to get a bit more life experience prior to making ignorant statement based on an extremely small pool of data. Most home-schoolers do it for a better more precise education.
I though along similar lines when I was younger and didn't have kids. Then I learned a few things and my perception changed. We have done both and re-evaluate every year.
My oldest was homeschooled her whole life and at 17 moved across country by herself to live and work in the equestrian world. She runs a business at 18 and is working towards going to the Olympics. This isn't a "bought and paid for by parents situation" she is a working student living all by herself living in MD while we live in WA. I don't think she would be able to do whats she does if she was "sheltered"................

BobPA wrote:
I'm not arguing anymore. Go to a training facility and talk to the kids who are living there....Some are ok, but most are arrogant little shit...
I'm not arguing anymore. Go to a training facility and talk to the kids who are living there....Some are ok, but most are arrogant little shit birds. You are providing one example of a home schooled kid doing well...and you are clearly biased being as it is your daughter. I am going off of my non biased opinion and experiences.If you reread my posts I am not talking about horse chicks, I am talking about mostly moto kids. You are just trying to make it personal.
I was making an example of one kid. I have a vast pool of experiences in this area to choose from as I actually have kids. If all you are pulling from is training facilities you, again, are using a very small pool and probably should focus on the MX angle verses home-school angle. I mean they all probably drink water so in your example drinking water makes a kid a shit bird.
It isn't personal but I did use a personal experience as why wouldn't I use something I have direct knowledge of? Only an idiot would try and argue from a point of where he had to real world experience. You know, like how to raise kids when he never had, lol.............
My boys have both attended public schools also. So which "side" am I on?...........
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/20/2017 2:00pm
Off-topic, but did you guys hear about what happened at the AX last weekend between Tennant and Osby?

The Shop

BobPA
3/20/2017 2:03pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Off-topic, but did you guys hear about what happened at the AX last weekend between Tennant and Osby?
Sucker punches and tire kicks from what I hear
rrjr
sgrimmxdad wrote:
If keeping your kids away from "the bad crowd" is sheltering in your eyes, then yes that is what I do. Same thing GOOD parents have...
If keeping your kids away from "the bad crowd" is sheltering in your eyes, then yes that is what I do. Same thing GOOD parents have always done. It's just sad we have had to go this far... A kid from the local high school recently plead guilty to killing 3 people in a robbery, yeah can't wait to send my kid to sit in class with him...
Home schooled kids go bad just as much as public school kids.

The Rambo and Seattle Shooters Were Homeschooled
June 6, 2014 by Libby Anne 104 Comments

Did you all hear about the mass shooting that left three police officers dead in Canada on Wednesday? They finally have the suspect, Justin Bourque, in custody.

A gun-toting man suspected in the shooting deaths of three Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the wounding of two others in a rare case of gun violence in eastern Canada was arrested early Friday, police said.

Paul Greene, a spokesman with the RCMP, said Justin Bourque was arrested at around 12.30am.

The 24-year-old Bourque had been wanted after the shooting Wednesday evening in the northwest area of the city.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police combed the streets and woods of the normally tranquil city of Moncton Thursday in search of a gun-toting man suspected of killing three officers in the deadliest attack on their ranks in nearly a decade.

Have you heard about yesterday’s mass shooting at Seattle Pacific University? The media is reporting one dead, several injured.

A lone gunman armed with a shotgun opened fire Thursday in a building at Seattle Pacific University, wounding multiple people before a student subdued him with pepper spray as he tried to reload, police said.

The 26-year-old gunman, Aaron Ybarra, was obsessed with the Columbine High School shootings and had even traveled to the Colorado site where two student gunmen killed 15 and injured another 21 fellow students in April 1999, police sources told KIRO 7.

Ybarra was not a student at SPU where the shootings happened about 3:25 p.m. Thursday. In a statement Thursday night, police said they had “not found any connection between the suspect, Seattle Pacific University or any of the victims.”

You may be wondering why I’m writing about mass shootings. It’s definitely not my normal subject matter. But I do have a reason. Justin Bourque and Aaron Ybarra, you see, had something in common—both were homeschooled (you can read verification that Bourque was homeschooled here, but will have to wait on verification regarding Ybarra, as I have the information who knew him growing up).

Oh yes, I know, lots of kids who go to public school pull off mass shootings too. I get it. But I’m sitting here, as a homeschool alumna, remembering everything I was told about homeschooling growing up, and suddenly it seems very hollow. I was told that homeschoolers grow up to become model citizens, that public schools produce violent criminals but homeschools do not. Public schools produce mass shooters, after all, but who has ever heard of a homeschooler pulling off a mass shooting? Or so I was told.

I was told wrong.

Homeschooling is not a magic formula for producing upstanding adults. Homeschooling is not a safeguard against violence or crime. People are people, and that includes homeschoolers. And now I’m sitting here, feeling kind of sad, and a bit melancholy about it all. I feel a bit of kinship with homeschool alumni across the country, and here two of our own have done the unthinkable within days of each other. It’s sobering. It’s sad.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/06/the-rambo-and-seattle-shooters-were-homeschooled.html
500guy
GrapeApe wrote:
I heard one of them got stabbed with a homskooled pencil and the other was robbed of an education.

Not sure any lessons were learned.
3/20/2017 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 2:10pm
You keep responding, saying you don't shelter your kid. But in one of your comments, you say ".... I choose to keep him away from the...
You keep responding, saying you don't shelter your kid. But in one of your comments, you say ".... I choose to keep him away from the trash in society...." How is that not sheltering him? As BobPA mentioned earlier, when he has to deal with that "trash in society", how is going to know how to handle it?
sgrimmxdad wrote:
If keeping your kids away from "the bad crowd" is sheltering in your eyes, then yes that is what I do. Same thing GOOD parents have...
If keeping your kids away from "the bad crowd" is sheltering in your eyes, then yes that is what I do. Same thing GOOD parents have always done. It's just sad we have had to go this far... A kid from the local high school recently plead guilty to killing 3 people in a robbery, yeah can't wait to send my kid to sit in class with him...
I guess I'm not a "GOOD" parent like you. Although, my son has done well for himself, never any disciplinary problems, completed college, and has a decent job. My daughter has one year left in med school. She continuously gets reviews from her professors (and now the rotation surgeons) about her ability to communicate with people of all levels. That means everybody from strung out inner city junkies to multi-millionaire patients. Her entire life, she has been exposed to the entire spectrum of people. But, go ahead and be a "GOOD" parent and shelter your kids from the "bad crowd". Don't expose them to new ideas. Hell, make them clones. Whatever works for you.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
3/20/2017 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 2:15pm
Instagram is an effing disaster of epic proportion's. Read the comments. I love it when teenage white kids throw the word nigga around...cowards
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
3/20/2017 2:34pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm just sitting here wondering if there is an update on penalties/fines???
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/20/2017 2:38pm
Crush wrote:
I feel like the more of this punk shit we see from riders the more I think homeschooling is a bad idea.
ML512 wrote:
I was homeschooled (independent studies technically, as most riders and "homeschooled" people are these days...meaning it involves real teachers and a school system, not your parents...
I was homeschooled (independent studies technically, as most riders and "homeschooled" people are these days...meaning it involves real teachers and a school system, not your parents teaching you) and I turned out just fine. I just see more and more brats in the world period at my generation and younger than me. Laughing

Hell, I ended up in it for two main reasons. One was due to a major injury and I couldn't be in a public school at the time and the other was the fact that I hated every minute I was in school due to complete brats making my life hell.
Me too. You hurt my feelings where I pee CrushSadLaughing
Tracktor
3/20/2017 2:45pm
GrapeApe wrote:
What? NO, I hadn't heard that.............
Madc32
3/20/2017 2:47pm
BobPA wrote:
"Oh for fucks sake" I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool...
"Oh for fucks sake" I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool moto kids I have met think that because they are fast on a dirt bike, they should be treated like royalty. I guess I am making a rather large blanket statement, but it comes from what I have experienced. I do not have any kids yet. But, they will be attending public school and learning how to deal with different personalities. I was a cocky little shit when I was younger, and you know what? I found out there is always someone bigger and tougher at a young age...and it was not through someone telling me I am perfect and special along the way.

Starting to get off topic, my bad
Tracktor wrote:

rrjr wrote:
Does anyone on Vital have the ability to read something and actually comprehend what was written? [i] I am mostly referring to the kids who are...
Does anyone on Vital have the ability to read something and actually comprehend what was written?

I am mostly referring to the kids who are home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream. Most of the homeschool moto kids I have met think that because they are fast on a dirt bike, they should be treated like royalty.

What makes you think that he's talking about your daughter or any other home schooled child? He very clearly states he's talking about being home schooled for the sake of chasing the dream.

Congrats to your Daughter. She sounds like a very level headed and responsible person. You should be very proud of her and yourself for being a good parent.
Comprehension is a problem on more than Vital.
TymeMoto
3/20/2017 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 3:37pm
mxracer816 wrote:
I'm just sitting here wondering if there is an update on penalties/fines???
Wouldn't be surprised to see Tennant receive a somewhat substantial fine/penalty and I guarantee Star Yamaha isn't happy.

Kid shows up for his first real pro race and starts shit both on and off the track with a guy who's in the chase for the championship. Not doing himself or his team any favors. Star doesn't want to be associated with a kid acting like a bitch on the track and in the pits. He can't even fight his own battles has to have his mechanic sucker punch Osby's friggin dad. Give me a break.

Arenacross is very aggressive. The kid showed up and couldn't handle it so instead of blaming himself he blames others.

Forkner and McAdoo had no issue getting their points and being well liked in the AX pits. Tennant has made a pretty bad first impression. Mike Alessi didn't do anything NEAR this bad when he first went pro, but his dad made some bold predictions and got a little cocky and Mike unfairly gets a bad rap even to this day.

Tennant didn't have half the amateur career Mike had, shows up to his first AX race and acts like an entitled little girl.

It's early, he's got time to redeem himself but if he shows up to SX with this attitude and entitlement no team will want to work with him and none of the racers are going to respect a kid like this.
Tracktor
3/20/2017 2:55pm
rrjr wrote:
Home schooled kids go bad just as much as public school kids. [b]The Rambo and Seattle Shooters Were Homeschooled June 6, 2014 by Libby Anne 104...
Home schooled kids go bad just as much as public school kids.

The Rambo and Seattle Shooters Were Homeschooled
June 6, 2014 by Libby Anne 104 Comments

Did you all hear about the mass shooting that left three police officers dead in Canada on Wednesday? They finally have the suspect, Justin Bourque, in custody.

A gun-toting man suspected in the shooting deaths of three Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the wounding of two others in a rare case of gun violence in eastern Canada was arrested early Friday, police said.

Paul Greene, a spokesman with the RCMP, said Justin Bourque was arrested at around 12.30am.

The 24-year-old Bourque had been wanted after the shooting Wednesday evening in the northwest area of the city.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police combed the streets and woods of the normally tranquil city of Moncton Thursday in search of a gun-toting man suspected of killing three officers in the deadliest attack on their ranks in nearly a decade.

Have you heard about yesterday’s mass shooting at Seattle Pacific University? The media is reporting one dead, several injured.

A lone gunman armed with a shotgun opened fire Thursday in a building at Seattle Pacific University, wounding multiple people before a student subdued him with pepper spray as he tried to reload, police said.

The 26-year-old gunman, Aaron Ybarra, was obsessed with the Columbine High School shootings and had even traveled to the Colorado site where two student gunmen killed 15 and injured another 21 fellow students in April 1999, police sources told KIRO 7.

Ybarra was not a student at SPU where the shootings happened about 3:25 p.m. Thursday. In a statement Thursday night, police said they had “not found any connection between the suspect, Seattle Pacific University or any of the victims.”

You may be wondering why I’m writing about mass shootings. It’s definitely not my normal subject matter. But I do have a reason. Justin Bourque and Aaron Ybarra, you see, had something in common—both were homeschooled (you can read verification that Bourque was homeschooled here, but will have to wait on verification regarding Ybarra, as I have the information who knew him growing up).

Oh yes, I know, lots of kids who go to public school pull off mass shootings too. I get it. But I’m sitting here, as a homeschool alumna, remembering everything I was told about homeschooling growing up, and suddenly it seems very hollow. I was told that homeschoolers grow up to become model citizens, that public schools produce violent criminals but homeschools do not. Public schools produce mass shooters, after all, but who has ever heard of a homeschooler pulling off a mass shooting? Or so I was told.

I was told wrong.

Homeschooling is not a magic formula for producing upstanding adults. Homeschooling is not a safeguard against violence or crime. People are people, and that includes homeschoolers. And now I’m sitting here, feeling kind of sad, and a bit melancholy about it all. I feel a bit of kinship with homeschool alumni across the country, and here two of our own have done the unthinkable within days of each other. It’s sobering. It’s sad.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/06/the-rambo-and-seattle-shooters-were-homeschooled.html
That was a horribly written article full of false absolutes and crappy journalism. Why would you even post that? It doesn't back your argument at all. It's kinda like those crappy click bait articels on FB.

The real point is if the type of schooling your kid has attended is the main factor in shaping their future in life you aren't a very attentive parent.

Shitty parenting = "Oh yes, I know, lots of kids who go to public school pull off mass shootings too. I get it. But I’m sitting here, as a homeschool alumna, remembering everything I was told about homeschooling growing up, and suddenly it seems very hollow. I was told that homeschoolers grow up to become model citizens, that public schools produce violent criminals but homeschools do not. Public schools produce mass shooters, after all, but who has ever heard of a homeschooler pulling off a mass shooting? Or so I was told.

I was told wrong."

Capisce?........

TeamGreen
3/20/2017 3:55pm
How T F do you people take these things SOOOOOOOOOOO FAR OFF TRACK?!?!?!?!?!
3/20/2017 3:57pm
Is the thing about Tennant's ride being bought true? Because that's the kind of behavior I'd expect from a rich kid whose family bought his way there.
Matt6505
3/20/2017 4:32pm
Holy crap that was a journey, almost forgot what the thread started off as haha
Tracktor
3/20/2017 4:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
How T F do you people take these things SOOOOOOOOOOO FAR OFF TRACK?!?!?!?!?!
You new here or something?..............
TXDirt
3/20/2017 4:56pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Oh really?
TXDirt
3/20/2017 5:06pm
Don't know if it applies here but AX guys don't do real well with outsiders. If you are young and trying to make your mark the old time AX riders look to take you out. I remember one race of AX I did I got taken out hard by Denny Stevenson. Last lap right before the finish. Always a classic take out spot. I felt like I got t-boned. I had protected my line. Next race later that night I parked him in the same corner. Things got ugly after the race. No punches thrown. Just lots of yelling and posturing by everyone. never had a problem after that. I knew where he stood and he knew where I stood. sure I was just a no name rider but I let it be known I wasn't there to get walked on.
TymeMoto
3/20/2017 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 5:15pm
Is the thing about Tennant's ride being bought true? Because that's the kind of behavior I'd expect from a rich kid whose family bought his way...
Is the thing about Tennant's ride being bought true? Because that's the kind of behavior I'd expect from a rich kid whose family bought his way there.
Well what I do know for a fact, and it's common knowledge on here as it was also in a thread last year is that before he rode for Star either his parents or grandparents bought a few bikes from Star for him to ride A class on and he instagramed to the world that he had signed with Star Yamaha.

Even ML512 mentioned that he had spoken with a source after the post who said that he had only bought bikes from them. A month or two later the kid very quietly had a deal with Star kind of out of nowhere. This came at a point when Star's roster was already pretty full with Ferrandis, Reardon, Harrison, Plessinger, Colt Nichols and a couple of other amateurs.

If there was ever a situation where a wealthy parent/grandparent pretty much fronted a team whatever portion they thought fair for bikes, travel, mechanics, etc. this sounds like it COULD be it...

The kid is obviously talented but when he supposedly signed to Star he was coming off a broken back and an underwhelming showing at Loretta's. I will try to find the link to the thread.
TymeMoto
3/20/2017 5:14pm
Is the thing about Tennant's ride being bought true? Because that's the kind of behavior I'd expect from a rich kid whose family bought his way...
TymeMoto wrote:
Well what I do know for a fact, and it's common knowledge on here as it was also in a thread last year is that before...
Well what I do know for a fact, and it's common knowledge on here as it was also in a thread last year is that before he rode for Star either his parents or grandparents bought a few bikes from Star for him to ride A class on and he instagramed to the world that he had signed with Star Yamaha.

Even ML512 mentioned that he had spoken with a source after the post who said that he had only bought bikes from them. A month or two later the kid very quietly had a deal with Star kind of out of nowhere. This came at a point when Star's roster was already pretty full with Ferrandis, Reardon, Harrison, Plessinger, Colt Nichols and a couple of other amateurs.

If there was ever a situation where a wealthy parent/grandparent pretty much fronted a team whatever portion they thought fair for bikes, travel, mechanics, etc. this sounds like it COULD be it...

The kid is obviously talented but when he supposedly signed to Star he was coming off a broken back and an underwhelming showing at Loretta's. I will try to find the link to the thread.
TXDirt
3/20/2017 5:23pm
Why is it a big deal if his grandparents bought him a ride? The kids either going to make long term with his talent or he won't. Props to his parents/grand parents for helping him try and fulfill his dream. We should all be so fortunate.

Yes, I saw his IG post about getting picked up by Star. Big deal. Kid is young and has a lot to learn. I'm not quite ready to crucify him yet.
dkg
3/20/2017 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2017 5:58pm
TXDirt wrote:
Why is it a big deal if his grandparents bought him a ride? The kids either going to make long term with his talent or he...
Why is it a big deal if his grandparents bought him a ride? The kids either going to make long term with his talent or he won't. Props to his parents/grand parents for helping him try and fulfill his dream. We should all be so fortunate.

Yes, I saw his IG post about getting picked up by Star. Big deal. Kid is young and has a lot to learn. I'm not quite ready to crucify him yet.
It shouldn't make that big of a deal. Yet assuming they did, Tennant then goes off the rails and acts like a spoiled entitled prepubescent child. That's why it is being made an issue.

Like you, I am not ready to crucify him . . . yet, but something should be done. Personally I think maybe a time out (since we are all trying to be PC around here, lol) is in order of maybe the rest of the season. The alternative to the PC approach of an ass whipping for him and the mechanic might also prove effective.

(Anyone know if the mechanic was part of the presumed deal made with Star? Did Tennant supply the mechanic?)

TXDirt
3/20/2017 6:13pm
TXDirt wrote:
Why is it a big deal if his grandparents bought him a ride? The kids either going to make long term with his talent or he...

dkg wrote:
It shouldn't make that big of a deal. Yet assuming they did, Tennant then goes off the rails and acts like a spoiled entitled prepubescent child...
It shouldn't make that big of a deal. Yet assuming they did, Tennant then goes off the rails and acts like a spoiled entitled prepubescent child. That's why it is being made an issue.

Like you, I am not ready to crucify him . . . yet, but something should be done. Personally I think maybe a time out (since we are all trying to be PC around here, lol) is in order of maybe the rest of the season. The alternative to the PC approach of an ass whipping for him and the mechanic might also prove effective.

(Anyone know if the mechanic was part of the presumed deal made with Star? Did Tennant supply the mechanic?)

Sitting out rest of season seems a bit harsh. I dunno. If the situation was that bad then maybe it's warranted?

He definitely seems like a spoiled entitled brat. No disagreement there.

Professional motocross racing is dog eat dog out there and not sure this kid has the mental fortitude to succeed long term.

Post a reply to: Arenacross Drama. Tennant vs Osby

The Latest